Subject: preparing for Atlanta (already?)

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:55:21 -0400

The call for meeting slot requests has been sent to WG chairs. 
(Already - summer is barely over!)  We did not meet in Yokohama, that 
was the first time we skipped a meeting.

List traffic has been up and discussions have been happening.  It 
seems to me that we should plan to meet in Atlanta (during November), 
probably a 2 hour slot.  Let me know if there is disagreement on this.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

---

From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:42:17 -0400

to discuss what?

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:56:49 -0400

>to discuss what?

Well, apparently no one has answered this...so far...

We have one potential WG document, Scott's individual ID as mentioned here:
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2002-09/msg00002.html

We also are due to have/decide on an SMTP as transport document. 
There was some recent activity on this list over this and some 
"volunteers" but there's no clear choice on editor.

As your chairs are loath to impose our will on the process, we 
haven't taken the initiative in naming someone to edit the document. 
Editing a document is a service to the community, so who ever does 
should know what they are getting into.

Before Jaap and I approach someone about being an editor, we propose 
that someone take it upon themself to write an initial draft of the 
document.  If there is more than one proposal, fine, we'll merge what 
needs merging.

I'm not barring Scott from writing, but it would be good to get 
someone else to take the initiative. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. ;)

If no one steps forward by the end of September, perhaps the time 
will come for Jaap and I to approach someone.

Still...this leaves us with no *specific* reason to gather in Atlanta 
-- at this moment--, even though we now at least have an RFC 
published.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer