Subject: New I-D on EPP over SOAP

From: "Liu, Hong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:52:35 -0400

Hi, all,

I would like to let you know that we have submitted an I-D on EPP over SOAP.
Until it appears in the IETF I-D archives, you can access it via the
following URL:

http://epp-ver-04.sourceforge.net/IETF/draft-liu-epp-soap-00.txt

This I-D is an individual submission to the Provreg WG, with the intent to
become a standard track WG document, pending the WG's approval as a new work
item. At its current shape, it is by no means meant to be a completely
cooked solution. Rather, it is intended to serve as a starting point for
further development on this topic within the WG.

We have been investigating EPP over SOAP internally for some time. Recent
discussions on the CRISP WG mailing list [1] seem to indicate that there is
a need to fill the void. We think that this may be a good time to publish
our study to the Provreg WG at large.

--Hong

[1]
https://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/2002-September/000247.ht
ml

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:25:52 +0200

FYI: You have the following text in the introduction:

> It is designed to work on top of any transport bindings
>    defined for SOAP, taking advantage of the variety of SOAP software
>    tools and environments available for web services.

Note that some of the transport protocols today used for SOAP does 
_not_ fulfill the requirements that exists for EPP regarding congestion 
control, so you can not "just" have something running on top of SOAP. 
You also need to talk about the transport protocol SOAP is using.

    Regards, paf