Subject: [ietf-provreg] FYI: EPP implementation by the Polish registry

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 18:51:49 +0100

At the DNR-forum at RIPE-44 last week, the polish registry presented
their implementation of EPP. They had to make extensions to implement
the somewhat draconian Polish privacy rules. One of the things they
mentioned was that they were more severe then the European ones,
so when they join the EC, they might change. Anyway, I don't have
the presentation on line yet, but they have piblished a document
about the things they did with the protocol. It can be found as
ascii (http://www.dns.pl/NASK-EPP%202.01.txt) or pdf
(http://www.dns.pl/NASK-EPP%202.01.pdf) on the web.

	jaap

---

From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:06:31 -0500

kwel!

---

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:19:13 +0100

On 2003/02/01 18:02, Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> their implementation of EPP.

On a related note: Our presentation from monday's Centr workshop
are online as well. You can get the .ppt files (and the latest source
code tarballs) from 
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66464 .

/ol

---

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 19:51:52 +0100

On a related note: Our presentation from monday's Centr workshop
    are online as well. You can get the .ppt files (and the latest
    source code tarballs) from
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66464 .

Let me clarify a bit about this. At the first day of RIPE meetings
there is usually a CENTR technical meeting. This time, the afternoon
was devoted to EPP.  SInce the meeting is limited to CENTR members
and invitees (Scott Hollenbeck was there, among others) I don't
feel comfortable about quoting from that, although often the meeting
minutes are published on the CENTR website.

Anyway, Otmar Lendl on behalf of the Austrian registry, presented
at the centr-tech meeting an implementation of an EPP server as a
mod_epp Apache module.  It is nice to see that this is actually
public information. For details, see the URL he mentions.

	jaap

---

From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:01:40 -0500

My complements to the implementors!

Today's NY Times (US) reports that MicroSoft has announced a modification
of its product(s) in response to European data protection requirements.

I'm curious to know what the .pl requirements are -- I'm familiar with the
EU requirements.

Cheers,
Eric