Subject: [ietf-provreg] Revised Erratum for RFC 3730 Poll Ack

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:38:29 -0500

Ning Zhang privately answered my question of Marc Groeneweg's question.
Here's a revised erratum as just sent to the RFC Editor:

It has been brought to my attention and I have confirmed a small error in
the text of RFC 3730, "Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)".  The error
can be found towards the end of section 2.9.2.3 on numbered page 30 of the
RFC.  The current text says this:

"A <poll> acknowledgement response notes the number of messages remaining in
the queue and the ID of the next message available for retrieval."

The text should say this:

"A <poll> acknowledgement response notes the ID of the message that has been
acknowledged and the number of messages remaining in the queue."

Additionally, the last example at the bottom of page 30 must be revised to
map correctly to the new text.  The line:

S:    <msgQ count="4" id="12346"/>

should be changed to:

S:    <msgQ count="4" id="12345"/>

The correct text appeared in an earlier version of the Internet-Draft that
became RFC 3730.  I can not recall what led to the change, and I can not
find any record of a discussion in the mailing list archives to document the
change.  Unfortunately this change was not detected and corrected during the
review periods that took place prior to publication as an RFC.

-Scott-