Subject: [ietf-provreg] FW: RFC 3730 Erratum

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:49:08 -0500

FYI: I sent this erratum to the RFC Editor earlier this week.  It was first
described on this list by Jim Gould in August:

http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2004-08/msg00001.html

-Scott-

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hollenbeck [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 1:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 3730 Erratum

Ii has been brought to my attention and I have confirmed a small error in
the text of RFC 3730, "Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)".  The error
can be found towards the end of section 2.9.2.3 on numbered page 30 of the
RFC.  The current text says this:

"A <poll> acknowledgement response notes the number of messages remaining in
the queue and the ID of the next message available for retrieval."

The text should say this:

"A <poll> acknowledgement response notes the ID of the message that has been
acknowledged and the number of messages remaining in the queue."

The correct text appeared in an earlier version of the Internet-Draft that
became RFC 3730.  I can not recall what led to the change, and I can not
find any record of a discussion in the mailing list archives to document the
change.  Unfortunately this change was not detected and corrected during the
review periods that took place prior to publication as an RFC.

-Scott-

---

From: "Marc Groeneweg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:54:05 +0100

Scott,

> described on this list by Jim Gould in August:
SNAP
> acknowledged and the number of messages remaining in the queue."

In my opnion, that's not the only text that should be changed:

The example <poll> acknowledgment response gives the ID of the next
message and the number of messages in the queue. Shouldn't this be
changed also? Sorry for noting this not earlier.

Regards,

Marc Groeneweg

---

From: "Marc Groeneweg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:16:53 +0100

Scott,

> What text are you looking at?  I can't find anything in RFC 3730 that
> matches "The example <poll> acknowledgment response gives the 
> ID of the next
> message and the number of messages in the queue".
It's the example coding from the S-side where line 10 gives:
S:    <msgQ count="4" id="12346"/>

Shouldn't this be:
S:    <msgQ count="4" id="12345"/>
?

Ok, it's a minor one, but in context with the changed text.

Regards,
Marc