Subject: [ietf-provreg] Regarding <poll> responses with <resData> tags

From: "Elias Sidenbladh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:20:48 +0200

Hi Folks,

There are very few examples of <poll> responses in the EPP RFC:s and you can put anything in a <resData> tag according to the schema files (as long as it belong to another namespace). 

Wouldn´t it be nice to standardize (at least some of) the poll responses as well or the implementations might be as many as the tld:s who adopt the EPP standard, I.e. no standard?

Best Regards,
Elias Sidenbladh

Internet Infrastructure Foundation (former NIC-SE)
Tel:+46-8-4523536
Mob:+46-734-315309
Fax:+46-8-4523502
Email:[email-masked]

---

From: James Gould <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:02:22 -0400

Elias,

I see the flexibility of what is contained in the poll messages as one area
of the extensibility in EPP.  We have converted all of our e-mail
notifications to EPP poll messages, but in doing so we have defined each in
an EPP specification along with examples.  RFC 3915 (Domain Registry Grace
Period Mapping for EPP) did not include a poll message definition, so we
created a custom specification (EPP RGP Poll Mapping) to cover this.  I do
agree that as new EPP specifications are created that there should be
thought into the poll messaging with adequate samples.

JG 

-------------------------------------------------------
James F. Gould
Senior Software Engineer
VeriSign Information Services
[email-masked]
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or
Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus
may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written
consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received
this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a
copy.  Thank you.

> From: Elias Sidenbladh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:20:48 +0200
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Conversation: Regarding <poll> responses with <resData> tags
> Subject: [ietf-provreg] Regarding <poll> responses with <resData> tags
> 
> Hi Folks,
> 
> There are very few examples of <poll> responses in the EPP RFC:s and you can
> put anything in a <resData> tag according to the schema files (as long as it
> belong to another namespace).
> 
> Wouldn´t it be nice to standardize (at least some of) the poll responses as
> well or the implementations might be as many as the tld:s who adopt the EPP
> standard, I.e. no standard?
> 
> Best Regards,
> Elias Sidenbladh
>