Subject: [ietf-provreg] FW: ID Tracker State Update Notice: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3730bis

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:16:32 -0500

It looks like the IESG approved the EPP -bis documents for Draft
Standard status at yesterday's telechat.  I expect that the formal
announcement will happen early next week.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this effort.

Note: 3734bis (the TLS document) was a bit of a challenge within the
IESG due to the downref situation with TLS.  TLS is not a Draft Standard
itself and the TLS working group isn't currently working to advance a
version of TLS to Draft.  However, our dependency isn't on a particular
version of TLS.  Both of these factors allowed me to request application
of the "downref" procedures described in RFC 3967.

The IETF approved these procedures to deal with situations like this.
This document set was apparently the first to test these procedures, and
the IESG struggled through a discussion of how to apply them.  I expect
that the approval notice will contain some words to explain how the IESG
intends to apply them going forward.  We plowed some ground for the
benefit of the rest of the IETF community!

-Scott-

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:00 PM
To: Hollenbeck, Scott
Subject: ID Tracker State Update Notice: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3730bis

'State Changes to Approved-announcement to be sent from IESG
Evaluation::Revised ID Needed by Ted Hardie'
ID Tracker URL:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13624&rfc_flag=0

---

From: "Michael Young" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:10:32 -0500

Congratulations Scott, a plus five year effort that produced some great
results - that's got to feel good.

Michael Young 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Hollenbeck, Scott
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 7:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ietf-provreg] FW: ID Tracker State Update Notice:
draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3730bis

It looks like the IESG approved the EPP -bis documents for Draft Standard
status at yesterday's telechat.  I expect that the formal announcement will
happen early next week.

Note: 3734bis (the TLS document) was a bit of a challenge within the IESG
due to the downref situation with TLS.  TLS is not a Draft Standard itself
and the TLS working group isn't currently working to advance a version of
TLS to Draft.  However, our dependency isn't on a particular version of TLS.
Both of these factors allowed me to request application of the "downref"
procedures described in RFC 3967.

The IETF approved these procedures to deal with situations like this.
This document set was apparently the first to test these procedures, and the
IESG struggled through a discussion of how to apply them.  I expect that the
approval notice will contain some words to explain how the IESG intends to
apply them going forward.  We plowed some ground for the benefit of the rest
of the IETF community!

-Scott-

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:08:06 -0500

> From: Michael Young [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 5:11 PM
> To: Hollenbeck, Scott; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] FW: ID Tracker State Update 
> Notice: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3730bis
> 

My "behind the scenes" EPP work started in 1999.  Eight years sure goes
by quickly.

-Scott-