Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC4310bis (RFC 5910) Has Been Published

From: James Gould <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:08:04 -0400

All,

Yesterday RFC4310bis (RFC 5910) has been published.  The specification can
be found at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5910.txt.  I would like to thank all
of those on this list that contributed to this effort.  I want to especially
thank Olafur for stepping forward to be the Document Sheppard.

The next step is implementing RFC 5910, I have updated the VeriSign Java EPP
SDK to support both secDNS-1.0 and secDNS-1.1.  The VeriSign Java EPP SDK
also includes a Stub Server that simulates the behavior of a real server
that supports both secDNS-1.0 and secDNS-1.1.  I worked on the code while
working on RFC4310bis, which helped ensure that the contents of the
RFC4310bis can be implemented in a client and a server.  The biggest
challenge I had was supporting both secDNS-1.0 and secDNS-1.1 at the same
time and keying off of the EPP <login> command <extURI> elements to drive
the behavior of the <domain:info> command.  My experience in supporting this
within the Stub Server of the VeriSign Java EPP SDK led to some of the
content in section 2 of RFC 5910.  We will be releasing the VeriSign Java
EPP SDK soon (i.e. by the end of the month) and it¹s available as open
source in the event other clients want to validate their implementations
against a local validating EPP Stub Server that supports the behavior
defined in RFC 5910 (including support for DS Data Interface and Key Data
Interface).  The Stub Server can be customized to support specific client
test scenarios.  

I have an open question around support for RFC 5910 with the other EPP SDK¹s
(i.e. Net::DRI, EPP-RTK).  The liberty-rtk-addon supports RFC 4310 in the
EPP-RTK, so is someone from Afilias looking to update liberty-rtk-addon to
support RFC 5910?  

Finally, please post to the list any implementation experience with RFC 5910
so that we can all benefit.

Thanks, 

-- 

JG 

-------------------------------------------------------
James F. Gould
Principal Software Engineer
VeriSign Naming Services
[email-masked]
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or
Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus
may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written
consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received
this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a
copy.  Thank you.

---

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:15:35 +0200

James Gould <[email-masked]> 2010-05-13 20:32
> EPP-RTK, so is someone from Afilias looking to update liberty-rtk-addon to
 
Not sure to understood what was your question, at least for my case
:-)
Anyway, I've not read the RFC thoroughly yet, but support for it will
be added to Net::DRI (which supports 4310 since a long time ago, so I
will have to work out how to properly and simply handle both)
and should be available in the next public
release (which is not planned soon, so if there are other interested
parties, or people that want to help or contribute, please contact me
privately).

> so that we can all benefit.

Will do, if I have anything useful to report back.

-- 
Patrick Mevzek
Dot and Co <http://www.dotandco.com/> <http://www.dotandco.net/>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
List run by majordomo software.  For (Un-)subscription and similar details
send "help" to [email-masked]