Subject: [provreg] dnsxml - A standard XML representation of DNS data

From: Jay Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 10:14:49 +1200

Apologies if you've seen and ignored this on other lists, but it's not getting any feedback on dnsop or dnsext, which I suspect is because few people there understand dns-schema well enough to comment.

So this is a draft of a standard XML representation of DNS data.  It does not attempt to replicate the DNS protocol, just the RRs, and is as comprehensive as possible.  I think the registry community is likely to find this useful.

Jay

A new version of I-D, draft-daley-dnsxml-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jay Daley and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-daley-dnsxml
Revision:	 00
Title:		 dnsxml - A standard XML representation of DNS data
Creation date:	 2013-07-31
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 54
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-dnsxml-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daley-dnsxml
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daley-dnsxml-00

Abstract:
 This memo describes a syntax for encoding DNS Resource Records in
 XML, and a schema to define that syntax written in XML Schema.  It
 can be used to represent all DNS RDATA.  This can be used by diverse
 applications as a common format.

 DNS Resource Records are represented as XML elements with the name of
 the element taken from the mnemonic used to represent the DNS
 Resource Record in presentation format.  The RDATA is represented as
 XML attributes or content of the element.  The attribute names are
 taken from the RDATA field names specified in the normative RFC.

-- 
Jay Daley
Chief Executive
.nz Registry Services (New Zealand Domain Name Registry Limited)
desk: +64 4 931 6977
mobile: +64 21 678840
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/jaydaley