Subject: Re: TTL value of VC Label?

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 17:45:56 -0400

> > How about this ?
> > 
> > "The setting of the TTL value in the PW
> > label is application dependent, however in a strict point to point application
> > the TTL should be appropriately set to 2"
> 
> I like this.  Does anyone have objections to updating the current document
> with something along these lines?

Works for me.

...George

========================================================================
George Swallow             Cisco Systems                  (978) 936-1398
                           1414 Massachusetts Avenue
                           Boxborough, MA 01719

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:35:04 -0400

>> "The setting of  the TTL value in the PW  label is application dependent,
>> however  in  a  strict point  to  point  application  the TTL  should  be
>> appropriately set to 2"

Danny> I like  this.  Does  anyone have objections  to updating  the current
Danny> document with something along these lines?

Just make  sure that  the document also  says what  a strict point  to point
application  is and  how one  knows whether  a particular  application  is a
strict point to point application.