Subject: draft-balus-pwe3-ip-pseudowire-01.txt

From: "Florin Balus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:21:32 -0500

All,
We would like to get comments on the enclosed text. We have considered
feedback received after the first version of the draft - mainly related to
the problem definition/requirements. We will have to accommodate in the 02
revision the new format proposed in draft-ietf-pwe3-cw-00.txt for PW
Associated Channel. 
See submitted abstract below... 
Title : IP Pseudowire Encapsulation  -
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-pwe3-ip-pseudowire-01.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-pwe3-ip-pseudowire-01.txt

This document proposes a PW encapsulation specific to IP packets, the IP
Pseudowire, following 
the architectural principles defined in [PWE3 Architecture]. This proposal
introduces an optional CW 
for IP encapsulation. Note that when the inclusion of a control word is not
negotiated, the IP PW uses 
the encapsulation described in [RFC3032].
This document defines the encapsulation and the motivators for using an
optional CW for IP pseudowire. 
In this model, the AC circuits are terminated at each PE, and only the IP
payload is transported across 
the PSN using a PW header. Two solutions using the IP PW encapsulation are
described in [ARP Mediation] 
and [IPLS]. Multi-hop pseudowire could be also another application for the
concepts described in this draft. 
 
Florin 
Florin Balus 
Nortel Networks 
Tel: 1-613-768-4997  ESN: 398-4997
Fax: 1-613-765-4123 ESN: 395-4123
Email: mailto:[email-masked] 
DNE site: http://navigate.us.nortel.com/dne
<http://navigate.us.nortel.com/dne>  
NPW 2003 http://www.nortelnetworks.com/npw2003
<http://www.nortelnetworks.com/npw2003>  
 
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3