Subject: draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.txt

From: "Florin Balus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:25:49 -0500

We would like to get comments on the recently posted text:
draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.txt - see submission text below: 

Title : Multi-hop Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using LDP 
Authors : David McDysan, Florin Balus, Jeff Sugimoto, Mike Loomis
Filename : draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.txt
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.t
xt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.t
xt> ).
Pages : 15
Date : 2005-02-04

MH PWE3 Requirements describes the requirements to allow a service provider
to extend the reach of pseudo-wires across multiple domains. A MH-PW is
defined as a PW that spans a number of PW aware, tandem nodes called PW
switching points (S-PE) in these domains. 
This draft specifies the mechanism and protocol extensions whereby a
multi-hop pseudowire is established dynamically between two PEs without
requiring a) a targeted LDP signaling adjacency between the two PEs of the
MH-PW, and b) additional and specific configuration at the intermediate
switching point PEs.
It enables the usage of addressing schemes (L2FECs) and other TLVs already
defined for PWs in [PW Control] (draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-14.txt).

Thanks,
Florin
Florin Balus 
Nortel Networks 
Tel: 1-613-768-4997  ESN: 398-4997
Fax: 1-613-765-4123 ESN: 395-4123
Email: mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  
DNE site: http://navigate.us.nortel.com/dne
<http://navigate.us.nortel.com/dne>  
NPW 2004 http://www.nortelnetworks.com/npw2004
<http://www.nortelnetworks.com/npw2004>  
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3