Subject: Sorry for the duplication RE: draft-balus-mh-pw-control-pr otocol-00.txt

From: "Florin Balus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:38:40 -0500

This initial email was bounced back to me two days ago so I thought it was
lost already. 
 
Sorry for the duplication and don't worry: you won't get a daily email
advertising our draft! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Balus, Florin [CAR:6955:EXCH]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:26 AM
To: pwe3
Cc: David McDysan; Sugimoto, Jeffrey [CAR:6955:EXCH]; Loomis, Mike
[NHBED:NP02:EXCH]
Subject: [PWE3] draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.txt

We would like to get comments on the recently posted text:
draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.txt - see submission text below: 

Title : Multi-hop Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using LDP 
Authors : David McDysan, Florin Balus, Jeff Sugimoto, Mike Loomis 
Filename : draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.txt (
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.t
xt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-00.tx
t).

Pages : 15 
Date : 2005-02-04 

MH PWE3 Requirements describes the requirements to allow a service provider
to extend the reach of pseudo-wires across multiple domains. A MH-PW is
defined as a PW that spans a number of PW aware, tandem nodes called PW
switching points (S-PE) in these domains. 

This draft specifies the mechanism and protocol extensions whereby a
multi-hop pseudowire is established dynamically between two PEs without
requiring a) a targeted LDP signaling adjacency between the two PEs of the
MH-PW, and b) additional and specific configuration at the intermediate
switching point PEs.

It enables the usage of addressing schemes (L2FECs) and other TLVs already
defined for PWs in [PW Control] (draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-14.txt).

Thanks, 
Florin 
Florin Balus 
Nortel Networks 
Tel: 1-613-768-4997  ESN: 398-4997 
Fax: 1-613-765-4123 ESN: 395-4123 
Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked] 
DNE site:  <http://navigate.us.nortel.com/dne>
http://navigate.us.nortel.com/dne 
NPW 2004  <http://www.nortelnetworks.com/npw2004>
http://www.nortelnetworks.com/npw2004 

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3