Subject: [PWE3] RFC 4447 on Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance Using the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:14:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4447

        Title:      Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance Using 
                    the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) 
        Author:     L. Martini, Ed.,
                    E. Rosen, N. El-Aawar,
                    T. Smith, G. Heron
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 76204
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4447.txt

Layer 2 services (such as Frame Relay, Asynchronous Transfer Mode, and
Ethernet) can be "emulated" over an MPLS backbone by encapsulating
the Layer 2 Protocol Data Units (PDU) and transmitting them over
"pseudowires".  It is also possible to use pseudowires to provide
low-rate Time Division Multiplexed and a Synchronous Optical
NETworking circuit emulation over an MPLS-enabled network.  This
document specifies a protocol for establishing and maintaining the
pseudowires, using extensions to Label Distribution Protocol (LDP).
Procedures for encapsulating Layer 2 PDUs are specified in a set of
companion documents.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3