Subject: [PWE3] Question on single FEC Element Restriction in Draft PWE3-CTRL

From: "Dutta, Pranjal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:18:51 +0530

Hi All,
               The draft "Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using the
Label Distribution Protocol" states the following on FEC TLVs to be used
for PWs 

   "LDP allows each FEC TLV to consist of a set of FEC elements.  For
   setting up and maintaining pseudo wires, however, each FEC TLV MUST
   contain exactly one FEC element. "

   So, a FEC TLV must contain only one FEC element (applicable when both

   PWid or Generalized PWid elements are used). It is obvious that while

   setting up a PW(label mapping) only one FEC element is required, 
   but should the restriction be used for other messages such as 
   Notification etc (Multiple FEC Elements could be notified in the same

   message by sending a list of FEC Elements in the FEC TLV)? What is
the 
   exact reason for which this restriction is imposed in the draft. 

   Any info on this would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Pranjal

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3