Subject: [PWE3] [Fwd: Last Call: 'Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Layer 2 Frames Over MPLS Networks' to Historic (draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls)]

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:37:48 +0100

FYI - Stewart

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Last Call: 'Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Layer 2 
Frames Over MPLS Networks' to Historic (draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls)
Date: 	Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:57:48 -0400
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following documents:

- 'Transport of Layer 2 Frames Over MPLS '
   <draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-19.txt> as a Historic RFC
- 'Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Layer 2 Frames Over MPLS 
   Networks '
   <draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-12.txt> as a Historic RFC

These documents contain work that was the basis of much of the PWE3 WG
efforts. Many implementations exist and have been deployed, though
going forward the output of the PWE3 WG supersedes these mechansims 
as IETF Consensus. These are now being published for the record as
Historic to underscore that they document work that has been obsoleted 
by PWE3 Standards Track work.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-10-24.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-19.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-12.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3