Subject: RE: [PWE3] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-muley-pwe3-redundancy-00.txt]

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:39:02 +0100

Praveen, one comment in response, see inline

>> What error messages and consequent actions are performed if one end 
>> of a PW signals "standby" and the other end signals "active"?
> 	 
> - The only action taken is related to choice of pseudowire and 
> forwarding of data traffic.   

I think you mis-understand my point, If I have a PW (PW1) between A and
B and the A end signals that PW1 is the 'active' one and the B end
signals that PW1 is the 'standby' one then that is an error.  How is
this handled and what consequent actions are taken?

Ben

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Praveen Muley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:36:21 -0700

Ben :
     In figure 2 for PW1 this is exact condition. The only action taken
their not choosng that pseudo-wire. Unless there is bug in code signalling
of wrong status, I am not able to see what can lead to this situation. Let
me know if I am missing something. 

Thanks,
PRaveen 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 8:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [PWE3] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-muley-pwe3-redundancy-00.txt]

> forwarding of data traffic.   

I think you mis-understand my point, If I have a PW (PW1) between A and B
and the A end signals that PW1 is the 'active' one and the B end signals
that PW1 is the 'standby' one then that is an error.  How is this handled
and what consequent actions are taken?

Ben