Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-04.txt and PW status section

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:43:51 -0600

WG,

I would like to solicit comments on the pw status changes in 
draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-04.txt.
In particular here a some comments that folks have made in private:

1) Terminology is not clear. This explicit section/segment/line 
terminology for faults. The reverse/forward fault terminology is not clear.
2)   Local PW2 reverse direction fault: Send a PW status message to 
S-PE1 containing "0x00000008 - Local  PSN-facing PW (ingress) Receive 
Fault" appear to be a bit misleading as it is a transmit fault, and only 
an assumed rx fault.
3)  one proposal to use two more status bits and make the meaning of the 
fault more clear.

So I would like to bring some of these comments to the list.

Any more comments on section 9.6 or any other section ?

Thanks.
Luca

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3