Subject: [PWE3] Protocol Action: 'AII Types for Aggregation' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:18:06 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'AII Types for Aggregation '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-aii-aggregate-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-aii-aggregate-02.txt

Technical Summary

The signaling protocols used to establish point-to-point pseudowires
include type-length-value (TLV) fields that identify pseudowire endpoints
called attachment individual identifiers (AII). This document defines AII
structures in the form of new AII TLV fields that support AII aggregation
for improved scalability.

Working Group Summary

This document has been reviewed by the experts in the PWE3 WG and there
are no outstanding issues.

 Protocol Quality

This is a very simple and well written extension to the PWE3 signaling
protocol. No protocol issues are anticipated. The document was reviewed
for the IESG by Mark Townsley, Danny McPherson is the document shepherd.

Note to RFC Editor
 
Please create an Informative references section and move
[MP-BGP-AUTO-DISC] to it.

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3