Subject: [PWE3] RFC 5087 on Time Division Multiplexing over IP (TDMoIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:03:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5087

        Title:      Time Division Multiplexing over IP 
                    (TDMoIP) 
        Author:     Y(J). Stein, R. Shashoua,
                    R. Insler, M. Anavi
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 113071
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-tdmoip-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5087.txt

Time Division Multiplexing over IP (TDMoIP) is a structure-aware
method for transporting Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) signals using
pseudowires (PWs).  Being structure-aware, TDMoIP is able to ensure
TDM structure integrity, and thus withstand network degradations
better than structure-agnostic transport.  Structure-aware methods
can distinguish individual channels, enabling packet loss concealment
and bandwidth conservation.  Accessibility of TDM signaling
facilitates mechanisms that exploit or manipulate signaling.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3