Subject: [PWE3] Label mapping for pwe3 and vpls

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:54:43 +0530

*Sunil,*
>> How do we know if the label mapping message received is from pwe3 or
vpls?
I don't understand the intention of your query.
What is your requirement? Why do you want to differentiate the PWs based
on PWE3 and VPLS?

>>If I configure pwe3 on one PE and vpls on another PE with same id, how
pwe3 or vpls know if the label mapping message is coming from vpls peer or
pwe3 peer?
Basically, VPLS case, we do autodiscovery using GenFec siganlling and PWE3
case we do normal PWId singalling. Please be specific on your requirement.

*Thanks,*
*Venkat.*

   - *To*: <pwe3 at ietf.org <[email-masked]>>
   - *Subject*: [PWE3] Label mapping for pwe3 and vpls
   - *From*: "Sunil C Gutlapalli" <sunilc at
ipinfusion.com<[email-masked]>>

   - *Date*: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:23:29 -0700
   - *Delivered-to*: pwe3 at core3.amsl.com <[email-masked]>
   - *List-archive*: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pwe3>
   - *List-help*:
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help<[email-masked]?subject=help>>

   - *List-id*: Pseudo Wires Edge to Edge <pwe3.ietf.org>
   - *List-post*: <mailto:[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>
   - *List-subscribe*: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3>, <
   mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe<[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>>

   - *List-unsubscribe*: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3>, <
   mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe<[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>>

   - *Thread-index*: Acs1zyQRt78O+wAjSjK/UOT0t/oMog==

------------------------------

Hi

How do we know if the label mapping message received is from pwe3 or vpls?

If I configure pwe3 on one PE and vpls on another PE with same id, how pwe3
or vpls know if the label mapping message is coming from vpls peer or pwe3
peer?

Sunil

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.

---

From: Sunil C Gutlapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:28:51 -0700

If both VPLS and PWE3 uses PWId signaling, and vpls doesn't use BGP auto
discovery, then both sends label mapping message with PWID.
In this case, is there any difference in the label mapping message from VPLS
and PWE3?

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 2:24 AM, venkatesan mahalingam
<[email-masked]>wrote:

>    - *From*: "Sunil C Gutlapalli" <sunilc at ipinfusion.com<[email-masked]>>
>
>    - *List-help*: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help<[email-masked]?subject=help>>
>