Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:53:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Pseudowire (PW) & Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) Implementation Survey Results
	Author(s)       : Andrew G. Malis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-01.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-06-27

Abstract:
   Most pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) encapsulations mandate
   the use of the Control Word (CW) to carry information essential to
   the emulation, to inhibit ECMP behavior, and to discriminate OAM from
   PW packets.  However, some encapsulations treat the Control Word as
   optional.  As a result, implementations of the CW, for encapsulations
   for which it is optional, vary by equipment manufacturer, equipment
   model and service provider network.  Similarly, Virtual Circuit
   Connectivity Verification (VCCV) supports three Control Channel (CC)
   types and multiple Connectivity Verification (CV) Types.  This
   flexibility has led to reports of interoperability issues within
   deployed networks and associated drafts to attempt to remedy the
   situation.  This survey of the PW/VCCV user community was conducted
   to determine implementation trends.  The survey and results is
   presented herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/