Subject: [PWE3] Shepherding draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:59:17 +0200

PWE3 Working Group,

As the working group chairs earlier said on the mailing list I've been
asked and accepted to shepherd draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw.

The reason for picking me as a shepherd and not someone with a stronger
PW-profile is that a very high percentage of the folks active in the
PWE3 are on the list of authors for the document.

I will do a (or have done) couple of things:

- run this pretty much as if it were an MPLS wg document that I'm
   shepherding
- since the document had expired I asked the authors to re-post the
   document with any changes; this has been done and we now have
   version -17 active
- start an IPR poll; a separate mail on that will be sent to PWE3
   mailing shortly
- run an implementation poll; look out or this mail in 3-4 days time
- do a shepherd review of the document; this is very close to done, but
   it is in ms word format and I've promised that I will create a text
   version for the mailing list. Anyone that want the word-file can send
   a unidirectional mail to me. I will also send the word-file  to the
   authors
- once the document has been updated and the polls responded to, I will
   finalize the "shepherd write-up"; normally I circulate the write-up
   to my co-chairs, the responsible AD and the authors for comments
   and review before it is sent with the publication request to the
   IESG. I don't know the practice in the pwe3 working group, but I
   will follow the lead of the working group chairs if I should send it
   to the working group mailing list or not.

/Loa
document shepherd for draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64