Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: [trill] Protocol Action: 'Transport of TRILL Using Pseudowires' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-o-pw-06.txt)

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:52:48 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Subject: [trill] Protocol Action: 'Transport of TRILL Using
Pseudowires' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-o-pw-06.txt)
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: trill mailing list <[email-masked]>, trill chair
<[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transport of TRILL Using Pseudowires'
  (draft-ietf-trill-o-pw-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-o-pw/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies how to interconnect a pair of TRILL
   (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) switch ports using
   pseudowires under existing TRILL and PWE3 (Pseudowire Emulation End-
   to-End) standards.

Working Group Summary

   A previous version of this document was presented in the PWE3 WG as
   draft-yong-pwe3-trill-o-pw-00; however, the PWE3 Chairs and AD decided
   that, since it specified a Native Service Processor (NSP) for the
   TRILL serice and did not change any PWE3 standards, it belonged in
   TRILL WG. So draft-yong-trill-o-pw-01 was adopted by the TRILL WG.

   This is a short, simple draft that corresponds to an explicit work
   item in the TRILL Charter. It has been thoroughly reviewed by
   Yaakov (J) Stein, a volunteer from the PWE3 WG from the PWE3
   perspective and by the Shepherd from a more general / TRILL
   perspective.

Document Quality

  Document has been reviewed and seems to be of good quality, There are no
  known implementations yet. The document is quite simple with no need for
  any special reviews.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Erik Nordmark
  Responsible Area Director: Ted Lemon