Subject: [PWE3] not with a bang but a whimper

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:29:07 +0000

Yesterday we held the 40th and final PWE3 WG meeting.
There will be no PWE3 meeting in Honolulu.

Not that the IETF has decided that all of our work is complete
(although IMO we could have decided that a few years ago)
but due to a reorg in the routing area.

It has been about 14 years since the original Martini (ATM), Malis (SDH), and Anavi (TDM) drafts,
the CEOT, PWOT, and PWE3 BoFs, leading to the formation of PWE3 in time for IETF-51.

Just before the meeting I submitted a new version of the congestion considerations draft,
a draft which I was originally asked to produce by transport AD Scott Bradner.
Indeed, it was because of congestion considerations that PWE3 was originally in the transport area,
before being moved to the Internet and thereafter to routing areas.

I would like to say that it has been a fun 14 years,
and thank everyone who has contributed to the formation of PWE3 technology.

Y(J)S

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:51:29 -0400

Yaakov,

Thanks for bring this up, and for your contributions to the PWE3 WG over
the years.

And of course, thanks to everyone else that has contribututed as well!

PWEers, to add to Yaakov's email, and for the benefit of those of you not
in Toronto (or in Toronto but not at the Routing Area meeting), I highly
recommend that you read the slide deck presented at the Routing Area
meeting yesterday, which you can find at
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-rtgarea-3.ppt . The
details of the Routing Area reorganization start at slide 26 in this deck.

There may be fine-tuning as we work on the new WG charters, but for the
most part, PWE3's work will continue in the new "LDP-enabled services"
working group. For now, it's still business as usual, and we will continue
the PWE3 WG work on the existing PWE3 email list. Any changes to this will
be announced on this list.

Cheers,
Andy

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>
>

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:52:20 -0400

An update from today: The “LDP-Enabled Services (LES)” working group has
been renamed as “Pseudowire- and LDP-enabled Services (PALS)”.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 01:22:26 -0400

All,

Adrian has updated the slides, and the correct link is
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-rtgarea-4.ppt .

Cheers,
Andy