Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:43:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Pseudowire Congestion Considerations
        Authors         : Yaakov (Jonathan) Stein
                          David L. Black
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-07-24

Abstract:
   Pseudowires (PWs) have become a common mechanism for tunneling
   traffic, and may be found in unmanaged scenarios competing for
   network resources both with other PWs and with non-PW traffic, such
   as TCP/IP flows.  It is thus worthwhile specifying under what
   conditions such competition is safe, i.e., the PW traffic does not
   significantly harm other traffic or contribute more than it should to
   congestion.  We conclude that PWs transporting responsive traffic
   behave as desired without the need for additional mechanisms.  For
   inelastic PWs (such as TDM PWs) we derive a bound under which such
   PWs consume no more network capacity than a TCP flow.  We also
   propose employing a transport circuit breaker
   [I-D.fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker] that shuts down a TDM PW
   consistently surpassing this bound, as the emulated TDM service
   itself would be be of insufficient quality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:51:59 +0000

Please look at the PDF version only
(the txt version does not have the graphs).

Y(J)S

-----Original Message-----
From: pwe3 [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 24 July, 2014 16:43
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-02.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3