Subject: [Qirg] Take part in Pan-European Quantum Internet Hackathon

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 11:23:23 +0000

Hi all,

A break from all the recent draft updates.

The Quantum Internet Alliance together with RIPE NCC are organising a
pan-European quantum internet hackathon. Pan-European in the sense that
the event is simultaneously happening in multiple locations across
Europe.

Date: 5-6 November
Where: Delft, Dublin, Padua, Paris or Sarajevo

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/ulka_athale_1/take-part-in-pan-european-quantum-internet-hackathon

I would like to emphasize who the target audience is: software
developers, network operators and equipment vendors, as well as general
web, privacy, and cryptography enthusiasts (students, researchers,
industry professionals)

The challenges for this hackathon are being designed to be suitable for
people without a quantum background and without the need to learn much
quantum to execute the task. There won't be a need to go as low as
thinking about quantum gates.

More specifically, the challenge will be to integrate a QKD API (TBD
what this actually looks like) running over a simulated quantum network
with some real world applications, such as browsers, e-mail, ssh, or
more generally a library like OpenSSL.

If you're interested, please follow the link above and sign up!

Thanks,
Wojtek