Subject: [Qirg] Fortnightly call for draft-irtf-qirg-principles

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 11:40:32 +0000

Dear QIRG,

The first call to discuss the "Architectural Principles for a Quantum
Internet" draft will happen on Monday 30 September at 11:00-12:00 GMT.
Thereafter, there will be a call at the same time every two weeks on 14
Oct, 28 Oct, and 11 Nov until the Singapore IETF meeting.

"Architectural Principles for a Quantum Internet" Call
Meeting URL: https://meet.jit.si/QirgDraftPrinciples 

*** Please only use Chrome/Chromium based browser to join ***
(jitsi doesn't work as reliably in Firefox and Safari)

When: 11:00 GMT 30 Sep
Recurrence: 14 Oct, 28 Oct, 11 Nov
Draft URL (datatracker): 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-qirg-principles/
Draft URL (GitHub): 
https://github.com/Wojtek242/draft-irtf-qirg-principles

Agenda:
1. Discuss and agree on goals for this draft.
2. I will go over and explain the various open-ended questions which
might be worth addressing in the draft that I received after IETF 104.
3. Agree on next steps to address goals of the draft and prepare a new
version for IETF 106.

Everybody interested in contributing is invited to join the call
whether or not you filled the online poll.

I will send out a calendar event shortly. I will also work with the
chairs to add the call to the IETF datatracker.

The meeting will be recorded, and its minutes will be uploaded to the
datatracker.

I have chosen jitsi as the platform. My institution doesn't have any
subscriptions to conference software so the choices were jitsi or WebEx
via an IETF account. I settled for jitsi as it appears to be the most
hassle-free option (everything works in a browser and nobody needs to
set up an account) and I've had somebody tell me they have had good
experience using jitsi for a call of up to about 20 people. Having
tested it locally, its biggest downside is that it only works reliably
in Chrome/Chromium so please do NOT use Firefox or Safari.

And as usual, I am still new to the IETF process, so all feedback on
the process itself from experienced IETFers is more than welcome!

Thanks,
Wojtek

---

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 07:18:24 +0000

Dear QIRG,

A reminder that the first call is today at 11:00 GMT.

The agenda for today:

Thank you,
Wojtek

On Mon, 2019-09-23 at 11:40 +0000, Wojciech Kozlowski wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Qirg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/qirg

---

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 10:35:39 +0000

Call in 25 minutes: https://meet.jit.si/QirgDraftPrinciples

*** Use Chrome/Chromium

Safari and Firefox may experience issues with Jitsi.

*** Please set your name once you connect

You can do this by going into the options in the bottom right of the
screen and clicking on the option which will be labelled "me". 

This will be used to assemble a participant list for the minutes so set
whatever identifier you are comfortable with for that purpose.

*** Please do not use video

Please do not use video to minimise the risk of bandwidth issues. Jitsi
can probably handle it and it has some settings to fiddle with, but I'd
rather not try since it's not necessary.

*** The call will be recorded

This is just FYI.

*** If you're experiencing connectivity issues

Close the tab and reopen the link - you should be able to do this
transparently to other participants.

On Mon, 2019-09-30 at 07:18 +0000, Wojciech Kozlowski wrote:
> > Thereafter, there will be a call at the same time every two weeks
> > on
> > 14

---

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 11:00:48 +0000

Meeting is on now

On Mon, 2019-09-30 at 10:35 +0000, Wojciech Kozlowski wrote:
> > > 3. Agree on next steps to address goals of the draft and prepare
> > > a
> > > new
> > > version for IETF 106.
> > > 
> > > hassle-free option (everything works in a browser and nobody
> > > needs
> > > to