Subject: Re: [Qirg] Mail regarding draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum

From: Stephanie Wehner - EWI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 17:00:45 +0000

Thanks David - this is useful!

--
Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Professor
QuTech, Delft University of Technology
http://qutech.nl/person/stephanie-wehner-roadmap/

Applied Physics, Building 22, Room B206
Phone: +31 15 27 87746
Mail: QuTech, Lorentzweg 1, 2628 CJ Delft, Netherlands

-----Original Message-----
From: David R. Oran <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Mail regarding draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum

I wanted to follow up on a comment I made briefly at the mic during the discussion of this draft at the QIRG meeting in Singapore.

I mentioned that for representing time values in this protocol it would be useful to look at TimeTLV, which is defined in RFC5497.

We are using this to positive effect in a couple of other contexts, particularly to have a more efficient/flexible time representation in the CCNx protocol and in the compression draft for running it over low-bandwidth networks.

Hope you find this useful!

DaveO

---

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 09:32:06 -0500

I wanted to follow up on a comment I made briefly at the mic during the 
discussion of this draft at the QIRG meeting in Singapore.

I mentioned that for representing time values in this protocol it would 
be useful to look at TimeTLV, which is defined in RFC5497.

We are using this to positive effect in a couple of other contexts, 
particularly to have a more efficient/flexible time representation in 
the CCNx protocol and in the compression draft for running it over 
low-bandwidth networks.

DaveO