Subject: [Qirg] CREATE ID in link-layer header

From: CHUNG HUNG KUO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 03:42:59 +0800

Hi All,
    I recently read  draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum-03 at
https://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum-03.pdf.  I am curious
about the Ack message and OK message header in sec.4.2. “When receiving a
CREATE message from higher layers the link layer will directly respond and
notify the higher layer whether requests will be scheduled for a
generation. If so the link-layer responds with an ACK containing a CREATE
ID. ” The CREATE ID is not contained in the CREATE request from the higher
layer to the link-layer. For a received Ack message, how does the higher
layer know which CREATE requests (presumably there can be several
outstanding ones) it should be matched with?
I'm also curious about the use case of this link layer protocol. I vaguely
remember the link-layer protocol is a planned feature of NetSquid. Does it
have a scheduled release date? Or is there a work-in-progress codebase that
may be accessed? I'm asking because I want to contribute to the project.

Thanks,
Chung Hung
------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------
Chung Hung Kuo, MS student
Dept. of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan