Subject: [Qirg] Public beta release of NetSquid quantum network simulator

From: Rob Knegjens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:11:03 +0200

Dear QIRG,

We're happy to announce that a beta release of the quantum network
simulator NetSquid has just been made freely available for non-commerical
use!

NetSquid -- the Network Simulator for Quantum Information using Discrete
events -- is a software tool for the modelling and simulation of scalable
quantum networks developed at QuTech. The goal of NetSquid is to enable
scientists and engineers to design the future quantum internet as well as
modular quantum computing architectures. One of NetSquid’s key features is
its ability to easily and accurately model the effects of time on the
performance of quantum network and quantum computing systems. This forms an
essential ingredient in developing scalable systems which require a design
that can mitigate the limited lifetime of quantum bits processed by quantum
devices.

Please see the NetSquid website for information (https://netsquid.org) and
feel free to leave questions or comments on our user forum (
https://forum.netsquid.org).

QuTech news items:
https://qutech.nl/new-software-brings-quantum-network-design-to-users-around-the-world/

Best regards,
Rob,
on behalf of the NetSquid team at QuTech