Subject: [Qirg] [CFP]IEEE Network Special Issue on Quantum Communications and Networking (DL: Apr. 20 (Firm))

From: Ruidong Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 23:09:15 +0900

Dear QIRG members,

Hope you are not bothered by this email. We would like to invite you to 
submit papers to the IEEE Network Special Issue on Quantum 
Communications and Networking, whichis a SI closely related to the 
topics of the QIRG. It will be also appreciated if you can disseminate 
this CFP to your friends, colleagues, various mailing lists, 
conferences/workshops, and social media.

https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-network/cfp/quantum-communications-and-networking 
<https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-network/cfp/quantum-communications-and-networking>

The deadline of paper submission is *20 April 2022 (Firm Deadline)*.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Quantum communication and networking applications
• Quantum network architectures and design principles
• Entanglement generation, scheduling, and distribution
• Quantum information theory and communication protocol
• Quantum memory and repeater design
• Quantum routing metrics and new routing algorithms
• Congestion control and resource allocation for quantum networks
• Quantum data plane and quantum control plane design
• Security, privacy, and trust in the context of quantum networks
• Quantum network management
• Simulators, testbeds, prototypes, implementations, and field experiments
• Verification of the existing knowledge in real quantum networks
• Performance evaluation and modeling
• Migration from classical networks to quantum networks

Submission Method:
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by 
the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select ‘September 2022/QCN’ 
from the drop-down menu of topic titles.

If you have any question on submission, please feel free to contact us. 
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Ruidong Li

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this 
call for paper***
IEEE Network
Special Issue on Quantum Communications and Networking
Call for Papers

https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-network/cfp/quantum-communications-and-networking 
<https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-network/cfp/quantum-communications-and-networking>

*** Manuscript Submission Deadline: 20 April 2022

Quantum communication researchers have achieved significant progress 
during the recent decades and quantum networking has shown promise in 
terms of improving the overall functional benefits of the Internet and 
enabling applications with no counterpart in the classical world. It is 
a breakthrough technology towards the unimaginable future. In a quantum 
network, the source and destination may be connected by quantum 
repeaters/routers for facilitating qubit transmissions. The quantum 
network of the future is envisaged to pervade the entire globe, relying 
on terrestrial components, satellites, airplanes, ships and other 
vehicles. It is anticipated that it will support nearly unconditional 
security, super-computing power, large network capacity – even at high 
velocity - and privacy.

In the current era, quantum networks are similar to the early stage of 
the classical Internet in the 1970s. However, they exhibit fundamentally 
different features, obeying the uncertainty principle, the 
non-orthogonal indistinguishable theorem, the quantum non-cloning 
theorem, entanglement and superposition. These constraining features 
make the design of quantum networks a challenging task. To make the 
promise of quantum networking a reality, the entire protocol stack 
spanning from the physical-layer enabling techniques to the application 
layer requires a dedicated collaborative effort from a large fraction of 
the engineering and physics community.

This Special Issue focuses on recent advances in quantum communications 
and networking, and we seek original contributions in quantum networking 
architectures, concepts, protocols, and technologies in support of 
long-distance qubit transmissions and novel network applications. Topics 
of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Quantum communication and networking applications
• Quantum network architectures and design principles
• Entanglement generation, scheduling, and distribution
• Quantum information theory and communication protocol
• Quantum memory and repeater design
• Quantum routing metrics and new routing algorithms
• Congestion control and resource allocation for quantum networks
• Quantum data plane and quantum control plane design
• Security, privacy, and trust in the context of quantum networks
• Quantum network management
• Simulators, testbeds, prototypes, implementations, and field experiments
• Verification of the existing knowledge in real quantum networks
• Performance evaluation and modeling
• Migration from classical networks to quantum networks

Submission Guidelines:
Manuscripts should conform to the standard format as indicated in the 
‘Information for Authors’ section of the Paper Submission Guidelines.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by 
the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select ‘September 2022/QCN’ 
from the drop-down menu of topic titles.

Important Dates:
*Manuscript Submission Deadline:   20 April 2022  (Firm Deadline)*
Initial Decision Notification:   31 May 2022
Revised Manuscript Due:  30 June 2022
Final Decision Notification: 15 July 2022
Final Manuscript Due:  31 July 2022
Publication Date:  September 2022

•Guest Editors:
Ruidong Li, Kanazawa University, Japan
Prineha Narang, Havard University, USA
Melchior Aelmans, Juniper Networks, Netherlands
Guoliang Xue, Arizona State University, USA
Peter Mueller, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, Switzerland
Guilu Long, Tsinghua University, China

-- 
Ruidong Li,
Kanazawa University, Japan
Email:[email-masked],[email-masked]