Subject: PSA: github issues are now available offline

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:07:02 +1100

We have been saving issues to the `gh-issues` branch in the repository
for some time now.  Anyone with an up-to-date clone of the repository
can checkout this branch and see two files: issues.json and
pulls.json.  These files contain summary information about all issues
including things like title, labels, people, and the issue summary
(comments are much bigger and harder to retrieve, I'm still not sure
whether it is worthwhile loading all of these).

I recently added issues.html to this.  It's crude, but it has a view
of the issues that you can access offline.  There are some basic
filtering options there as well.

You can see the results online here:
https://rawgit.com/quicwg/base-drafts/gh-issues/issues.html

When I say crude, I'm not messing around.  You will need Firefox to
read this when you are offline. I'm not a web developer, so I used the
tools I'm familiar with.  The code runs in Chrome, but Chrome won't
load file scheme resources (so the link above works, but you will be
sad if you try to look at your local copy).  And Edge doesn't like
async functions (yet).  Also, I didn't test Safari.  Pull requests are
always welcome if people find those limitations annoying and have the
means and inclination to work on fixing them.  See
https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/template/issues.html

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:05:42 -0700

Cool -- thanks for setting this up, Martin!