Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 00:45:13 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-14/💬52)
  4 issues created:
  - Definition of Recovery End (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1059
  - "CanSendPacket" function or equivalent function (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1056
  - Increase the size of connection ID (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1052
  - PING/PONG ambiguity (by boisjacques)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1051

  25 issues received 52 new comments:
  - #219 Increasing initial flow control window for streams (11 by mikkelfj, mcmanus, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/219
  - #203 Connection migration should be indistinguishable from a new connection (4 by mirjak, martinthomson, ianswett, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/203
  - #751 Handling un-ackable packets (4 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/751
  - #1047 Handling of Frames Inappropriate for Unidirectional Streams (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1047
  - #1048 Packet number rework (3 by martinthomson, hardie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1048
  - #1051 PING/PONG ambiguity (3 by martinthomson, boisjacques, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1051
  - #1055 Exclusion from congestion control for ACK (3 by martinthomson, ronieven, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1055
  - #1056 "CanSendPacket" function or equivalent function (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1056
  - #1059 Definition of Recovery End (2 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1059
  - #778 Streams start as "idle" (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/778
  - #783 QUIC streams abstraction (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/783
  - #912 No way to explicitly communicate an ack delay (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/912
  - #917 Allow removal of ACK blocks that are in flight (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/917
  - #1050 STOP_SENDING before stream open (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1050
  - #942 Do you need to supply max_early_data in NST to enable 0-RTT (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/942
  - #816 Version Negotiation when Version = 0 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/816
  - #568 Cleartext integrity as version independent (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/568
  - #826 clients always must regenerate client hello (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/826
  - #707 Changelog in Transport (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/707
  - #464 Rename CONNECTION_CLOSE (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/464
  - #466 Stateless Reset from clients (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/466
  - #230 When/how often to send ACK frames (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/230
  - #487 Long and short packet type 00? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/487
  - #502 Rename connection id (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/502
  - #1023 Is zero a valid stream-ID in Transport Parameters? (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1023

  14 issues closed:
  - Definition of Recovery End https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1059
  - No way to explicitly communicate an ack delay https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/912
  - Do you need to supply max_early_data in NST to enable 0-RTT https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/942
  - Clarify normative language for Transport Parameter omit_connection_id https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/953
  - Version Negotiation when Version = 0 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/816
  - Allow removal of ACK blocks that are in flight https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/917
  - Streams start as "idle" https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/778
  - clients always must regenerate client hello https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/826
  - Changelog in Transport https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/707
  - Graceful shutdown https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/604
  - Rename connection id https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/502
  - Cleartext integrity as version independent https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/568
  - Rename CONNECTION_CLOSE https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/464
  - Long and short packet type 00? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/487

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-0/💬17)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove transport parameters from NewSessionTicket (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1058
  - Remove cross-protocol resumption (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1057
  - Tweak send stream figure (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1054
  - Rework packetization section (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1053

  4 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #1058 Remove transport parameters from NewSessionTicket (9 by martinthomson, ianswett, janaiyengar, hardie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1058
  - #1039 Rewrite text about Version Negotiation (6 by martinthomson, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1039
  - #1032 Python linting script (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1032
  - #609 Latency Spin Bit (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/609

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts