Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-5/💬53)
  6 issues created:
  - Ordering of crypto stream packets (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1651 
  - Subsequent Initial Packets with Token Field (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1649 
  - The server shouldn't use a token for much (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1647 [-transport] [design] 
  - HKDF for handshake secrets (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1646 
  - QPACK improvement: wrap absolute index values (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1644 
  - Dead path timeout (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1638 [-transport] [design] 

  10 issues received 53 new comments:
  - #1530 Initial size of dynamic table (15 by mirjak, dtikhonov, martinthomson, kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1530 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1644 QPACK improvement: wrap absolute index values (12 by martinthomson, dtikhonov, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1644 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1570 Connection ID lengths 1, 2 and 3 bytes can't be encoded (11 by kazuho, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, martinthomson, ianswett, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1570 [-invariants] [design] 
  - #1638 Dead path timeout (6 by mirjak, martinthomson, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1638 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1556 HTTP SETTINGS: define setting content encoding (3 by martinthomson, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1556 [-http] [design] [editor-ready] 
  - #1505 Stateless Reset from clients, bis (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1505 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1600 Indicate support for PRIORITY (1 by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1600 [-http] [design] 
  - #1482 Extension poster-child (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1482 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #1647 The server shouldn't use a token for much (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1647 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1620 CANCEL_PUSH, MAX_PUSH_ID and GOAWAY specify the length of the ID twice (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1620 [-http] [design] 

  5 issues closed:
  - HTTP SETTINGS and 0-RTT https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1541 [-http] [arch] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - Handling of duplicate packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1405 [-transport] [design] 
  - HKDF for handshake secrets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1646 
  - Detect adversarial ECN reporting https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1426 [-transport] [design] 
  - Stateless Reset Eternal Ping Pong https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1443 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-7/💬13)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Start indexing dynamic QPACK table beginning at zero (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1650 
  - Add another condition to idle timeout (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1648 
  - Specify behavior on incomplete requests (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1643 [-http] [design] 
  - Initial table size is the maximum permitted when table is first usable (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1642 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Previous SETTINGS MUST be remembered, can't be reduced for 0-RTT (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1641 [-http] [design] 
  - Discuss Application-Limited Sending (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1637 
  - Rules for discarding old keys (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1636 [-tls] 
  - Fix references to the Post-Base Indexing section (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1635 
  - Sender/Receiver (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1634 

  8 pull requests received 13 new comments:
  - #1637 Discuss Application-Limited Sending (2 by mirjak, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1637 [-recovery] 
  - #1634 Sender/Receiver (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1634 
  - #1648 Add another condition to idle timeout (2 by siyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1648 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1624 Duplicates are dropped (2 by janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1624 [-transport] 
  - #1628 add code points for 1, 2 and 3 byte connection IDs (2 by ekr, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1628 
  - #1641 Previous SETTINGS MUST be remembered, can't be reduced for 0-RTT (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1641 [-http] [design] 
  - #1626 Consequences of bad ECN markings (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1626 [-recovery] 
  - #1631 Clarify use of the term "supports ECN" (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1631 [-transport] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Previous SETTINGS MUST be remembered, can't be reduced for 0-RTT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1641 [-http] [design] 
  - Duplicates are dropped
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1624 [-transport] 
  - Fix references to the Post-Base Indexing section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1635 
  - Fix typos in HTTP draft and use the more common "incautious"
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1630 
  - Sender/Receiver
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1634 
  - Consequences of bad ECN markings
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1626 [-recovery] 
  - Defend against endless Stateless Reset ping-pong
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1627 [-transport] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts