Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+13/-3/💬53)
  13 issues created:
  - QPACK does not specify how to handle invalid input on control streams (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1683 
  - Small packets don't trigger a stateless reset (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1681 
  - Does the first byte of stateless reset include random bits? (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1678 
  - Target of HTTP version fallback (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1677 [-http] [design] 
  - Opening streams implicitly (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1675 
  - PN of CLOSE (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1674 
  - Recommendation for rate limits (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1673 
  - Invarinats in TP (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1672 
  - ambiguity on reaction to RST_STREAM (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1671 
  - A few cases of use of normative language... (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1670 
  - TLS dependencies and packet number encryption (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1669 
  - Greasing version negotiation (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1668 
  - ACKs imply stream state transitions (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1667 [-transport] [design] 

  13 issues received 53 new comments:
  - #1681 Small packets don't trigger a stateless reset (13 by mirjak, martinthomson, marten-seemann, huitema, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1681 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1662 Restrict delayed ACKs (11 by mirjak, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1662 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1671 ambiguity on reaction to RST_STREAM (7 by mirjak, martinthomson, mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1671 
  - #1674 PN of CLOSE (5 by mirjak, martinthomson, ianswett, mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1674 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1677 Target of HTTP version fallback (5 by RyanAtGoogle, martinthomson, mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1677 [-http] [design] 
  - #1667 ACKs imply stream state transitions (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1667 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1669 TLS dependencies and packet number encryption (2 by mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1669 
  - #1675 Opening streams implicitly (2 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1675 
  - #1518 Make EOED transmission optional in QUIC, please (2 by huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1518 [-tls] [design] 
  - #1668 Greasing version negotiation (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1668 
  - #1672 Invarinats in TP (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1672 
  - #1673 Recommendation for rate limits (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1673 
  - #1678 Does the first byte of stateless reset include random bits? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1678 [-transport] [design] [parked] 

  3 issues closed:
  - PN of CLOSE https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1674 [-transport] [design] 
  - Opening streams implicitly https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1675 
  - ambiguity on reaction to RST_STREAM https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1671 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-3/💬9)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Eliminate outdated reference to PATH_CHALLENGE (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1679 
  - Full (mostly) editorial pass (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1665 
  - Move RECOMMENDED values (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1664 
  - Limit delayed ack timer to 1 RTT (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663 

  4 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #1652 Use the 'no outstanding' rule to defer idle timeout (5 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1652 [-transport] 
  - #1657 QPACK: wrap absolute index values (2 by martinthomson, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1657 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1659 Insert omitted parenthesis (1 by jugglinmike)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1659 [-transport] 
  - #1663 Limit delayed ack timer to 1 RTT (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Eliminate outdated reference to PATH_CHALLENGE
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1679 
  - Move RECOMMENDED values
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1664 
  - Use the 'no outstanding' rule to defer idle timeout
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1652 [-transport] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts