Subject: Re: Proposal: drop QPACK encoder stream framing

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 20:20:05 -0400

On Sat, Jun 09, 2018 at 11:55:30AM -0400, Dmitri Tikhonov wrote:
> And I hope I have demonstrated that the complexity increase is
> minimal.  Soon, I will demonstrate the same using C code.

Here is working code.  The function lsqpack_enc_dec_in() ingests
the next chunk of the encoder stream -- any number of bytes.  It
never buffers any of the bytes it reads; nor does it reparse.

https://github.com/litespeedtech/ls-qpack/blob/e5fd044d52c3a9c6b0891993e3f7ec9f3f7274cb/src/lsqpack.c#L3174

The increase in complexity -- saving state -- is offset handsomely
by not having to buffer anything inside or outside the QPACK library.
This makes the interface simple: have more encoder bytes? pass them
to the decoder.

  - Dmitri.

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 20:21:14 -0400

> Here is working code.  The function lsqpack_enc_dec_in() ingests
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This should read lsqpack_dec_enc_in().

  - Dmitri.