Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+10/-3/💬52)
  10 issues created:
  - TLP is getting triggered too early (by DenisLug)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1748 
  - QPACK: stream cancellation only required when dynamic table size > 0 (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1747 
  - NEW_CONNECTION_ID in Probing Packets (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1746 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify whether QUIC packets with no payload are acceptable (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1745 
  - MAX_STREAM_DATA discrepancy (by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1744 
  - Implicitly Acknowledging CRYTPO Data (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1741 
  - Connections ID's are not required to appear random (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1740 
  - Receiving same New Connection ID twice (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1738 
  - Is zero a valid argument for the Table State Synchronize instruction? (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1736 
  - Connection ID Garbage Collection (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1729 

  16 issues received 52 new comments:
  - #1729 Connection ID Garbage Collection (13 by erickinnear, martinthomson, MikeBishop, huitema, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1729 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1745 Clarify whether QUIC packets with no payload are acceptable (9 by RyanAtGoogle, ianswett, nibanks, marten-seemann, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1745 
  - #1741 Implicitly Acknowledging CRYTPO Data (7 by rpaulo, martinthomson, nibanks, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1741 
  - #1738 Receiving same New Connection ID twice (4 by erickinnear, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1738 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1428 When the sender is using standard Reno congestion control, ack every ~2 packets (3 by huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1428 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1736 Is zero a valid argument for the Table State Synchronize instruction? (3 by dtikhonov, afrind, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1736 [-qpack] 
  - #1655 Change packet types (3 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1655 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1420 encoder stream can deadlock (2 by kazuho, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1420 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #814 Add a MESSAGE frame optimized for sub-MTU payloads (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/814 [-transport] [design] [quicv2] 
  - #1727 QPACK should require handling of integers up to 62 bits long (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1727 [-qpack] 
  - #1728 When to send Stateless Reset (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1728 
  - #1740 Connections ID's are not required to appear random (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1740 
  - #1746 NEW_CONNECTION_ID in Probing Packets (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1746 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1747 QPACK: stream cancellation only required when max dynamic table size > 0 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1747 [-qpack] 
  - #1748 TLP is getting triggered too early (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1748 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1644 QPACK improvement: wrap absolute index values (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1644 [-qpack] [design] [needs-discussion] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Implicitly Acknowledging CRYTPO Data https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1741 
  - QPACK does not specify how to handle invalid input on control streams https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1683 [-qpack] [design] 
  - GOAWAY with StreamID == 0 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1717 [-http] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-8/💬17)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix typo: s/PADDDING/PADDING/ (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1743 
  - Connection ID DT output (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1742 
  - Tighten error processing of NEW CONNECTION ID (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1739 
  - Correct transitions described by diagram (by jugglinmike)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1734 
  - Correct field name (by jugglinmike)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1733 
  - Correct application of RFC2119 (by jugglinmike)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1732 
  - Correct typos (by jugglinmike)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1731 
  - Bundle new client connection ID and path challenge in migration probes (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1730 

  9 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #1715 Add max_bytes_before_ack to transport (6 by gloinul, cpaasch, huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1715 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1742 Connection ID DT output (3 by mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1742 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1726 Define three QPACK error types, refine error handling. (2 by bencebeky, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1726 [-qpack] 
  - #1706 Unified ACK frame (1 by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1706 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1730 Bundle new client connection ID and path challenge in migration probes (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1730 
  - #1731 Correct typos (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1731 
  - #1732 Correct application of RFC2119 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1732 
  - #1739 Tighten error processing of NEW CONNECTION ID (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1739 
  - #1743 Fix typo: s/PADDDING/PADDING/ (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1743 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Fix typo: s/PADDDING/PADDING/
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1743 
  - Clarify QPACK eviction races
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1237 [-qpack] 
  - Define three QPACK error types, refine error handling.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1726 [-qpack] 
  - Require that QPACK preserves header field order.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1725 [-qpack] 
  - Correct transitions described by diagram
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1734 
  - Correct field name
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1733 
  - Correct application of RFC2119
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1732 
  - Correct typos
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1731 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts