Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-8/💬86)
  7 issues created:
  - QUIC_FLOW_CONTROL_RECEIVED_TOO_MUCH_DATA isn't defined anywhere (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1813 
  - MAX_DATA doesn't comply with MAX_STREAM_DATA (by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1812 
  - Timing issues in version downgrade attack prevention (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1810 
  - Server's SETTINGS can be omitted in 0-RTT (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1809 [-http] [design] 
  - Receive MAX_STREAM_DATA for non-existent stream (by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1805 
  - Remap STOPPING to something other than zero (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1804 
  - Avoid renewing retired connection IDs (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1799 [-transport] 

  12 issues received 86 new comments:
  - #1804 Remap STOPPING to something other than zero (33 by kazuho, nibanks, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1804 
  - #1786 Add Advice and Rules for CONN_CLOSE in Initial and Handshake  (32 by kazuho, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, martinthomson, ianswett, RyanAtGoogle, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1786 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1797 STOP_SENDING in Ready state (5 by kazuho, MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1797 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1809 Server's SETTINGS can be omitted in 0-RTT (4 by martinthomson, kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1809 [-http] [design] 
  - #1644 QPACK improvement: wrap absolute index values (2 by dtikhonov, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1644 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1799 Avoid renewing retired connection IDs (2 by erickinnear, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1799 [-transport] 
  - #1812 MAX_DATA doesn't comply with MAX_STREAM_DATA (2 by marten-seemann, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1812 
  - #1747 QPACK: stream cancellation only required when max dynamic table size > 0 (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1747 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1575 Consider simplifying Packet Number Encryption (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1575 [-tls] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #1709 Reconsider multiple Retry packets (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1709 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1805 Receive MAX_STREAM_DATA for non-existent stream (1 by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1805 
  - #1810 Timing issues in version downgrade attack prevention (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1810 [-transport] [design] 

  8 issues closed:
  - MAX_DATA doesn't comply with MAX_STREAM_DATA https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1812 
  - Reconsider multiple Retry packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1709 [-transport] [design] 
  - Is zero a valid argument for the Table State Synchronize instruction? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1736 [-qpack] 
  - QPACK: stream cancellation only required when max dynamic table size > 0 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1747 [-qpack] [design] 
  - STOP_SENDING in Ready state https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1797 [-transport] [design] 
  - Receive MAX_STREAM_DATA for non-existent stream https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1805 
  - Authenticate Retry https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1710 [-transport] [design] 
  - Make EOED transmission optional in QUIC, please https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1518 [-tls] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-11/💬27)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Extension frames and congestion/flow control (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1811 
  - Error for missing SETTINGS frame (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1808 [-http] [design] 
  - remove obsolete (and now incorrect) example (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1803 
  - Send Stream State starts with "Send" for peer-initiated bidi streams (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1802 
  - Merge ACK and ACK_ECN (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1801 
  - Minor nits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1800 

  9 pull requests received 27 new comments:
  - #1755 Describe a new version negotiation mechanism which allows for (12 by kazuho, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, martinthomson, ianswett, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1755 
  - #1793 The server needs to acknowledge that a Retry happened (3 by martinthomson, ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1793 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1794 Include a token on all Initial packets (3 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1794 [-transport] 
  - #1808 Error for missing SETTINGS frame (3 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1808 [-http] [design] 
  - #1801 Merge ACK and ACK_ECN (2 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1801 
  - #1796 Ack Delay and TLP (1 by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1796 
  - #1800 Minor nits (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1800 
  - #1811 Extension frames and congestion/flow control (1 by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1811 
  - #1758 Allow servers to omit version negotiation in response to 0-RTT packets. (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1758 

  11 pull requests merged:
  - Error for missing SETTINGS frame
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1808 [-http] [design] 
  - Extension frames and congestion/flow control
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1811 
  - QPACK: make TSS=0 a connection error
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1762 [-qpack] 
  - QPACK: don't send stream cancellation when SETTINGS_HEADER_TABLE_SIZE=0
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1761 [-qpack] 
  - Send Stream State starts with "Send" for peer-initiated bidi streams
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1802 
  - Merge ACK and ACK_ECN
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1801 
  - Minor nits
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1800 
  - remove obsolete (and now incorrect) example
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1803 
  - The server needs to acknowledge that a Retry happened
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1793 [-transport] [design] 
  - Remove EndOfEarlyData from TLS
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1792 [-tls] 
  - Remove EOED v2
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1798 [-tls] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts