Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-4/💬53)
  5 issues created:
  - What should the receiver do when the peer closes a unidirectional stream before providing the stream type? (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2331 
  - Actions to take when Reserved Bits are not Zero (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2329 
  - client's Handshake write key needs to be exported early (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2328 
  - "PRIORITY frame expresses priority of a stream" (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2321 
  - introduce an error code for loss recovery-related errors (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2319 

  16 issues received 53 new comments:
  - #2319 introduce an error code for loss recovery-related errors (12 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2319 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2331 What should the receiver do when the peer closes a unidirectional stream before providing the stream type? (12 by siyengar, kazuho, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2331 
  - #2321 "PRIORITY frame expresses priority of a stream" (11 by kazuho, dtikhonov, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2321 
  - #2329 Actions to take when Reserved Bits are not Zero (2 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2329 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #311 GREASE the packet type octet (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/311 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #1724 Recovery "what to send section"?  / Pseudo code issue  (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1724 [-recovery] 
  - #2276 Disallow changes of table size after 0-RTT (2 by martinthomson, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2276 [-http] [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2299 consider making the varint encoding unique (2 by siyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2299 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2308 handling of coalesced packets with decryption errors creates DoS opportunity (1 by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2308 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1678 Does the first byte of stateless reset include random bits? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1678 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #2103 Guidelines for Retransmitting Lost Data (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2103 [-recovery] 
  - #1989 frame type field of CONNECTION_CLOSE provides little value (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1989 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2253 Consider making h3 frame types varint (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2253 [-http] [design] 
  - #2258 Initial maximum table size needs clarification. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2258 [-http] [design] 
  - #2259 amplification attack using Retry and VN triggered by coalesced Initial packets (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2259 [-transport] [design] 
  - #377 ICMP and ICMPv6 (Type: DestinationUnreachable) (1 by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/377 [-transport] [design] 

  4 issues closed:
  - GREASE the packet type octet https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/311 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - Does the first byte of stateless reset include random bits? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1678 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - Recovery "what to send section"?  / Pseudo code issue  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1724 [-recovery] 
  - transport: dangling references to recovery https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2318 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-3/💬17)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - extended unidirectional streams can be closed or reset (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2332 
  - QPACK: Clarify how maximum dynamic table capacity can be set (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2330 
  - Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2327 
  - Prioritization edits (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2322 
  - update short header illustration to sync with #2203 (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2320 

  7 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #2280 Clarify Actions on nonzero Reserved Bits (10 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinduke, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2280 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2325 Introduce HTTP_REQUEST_REJECTED (2 by DavidSchinazi, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2325 [-http] [design] [yaec!] 
  - #2251 Explicitly talk about Largest Reference zero. (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2251 [-qpack] 
  - #2256 Initial maximum table size is zero. (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2256 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2281 Include handshake anti-deadlock logic in pseudocode (1 by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2281 [-recovery] 
  - #2028 Ignore loss of undecryptable packets (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2028 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2025 Send a few immediate ACKs (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2025 [-recovery] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Prioritization edits
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2322 
  - update spin-exp short header to sync with #2203
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2320 [-spin-exp] 
  - Allow discarding bad, unauthenticated packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2141 [-transport] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts