Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 00:45:15 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-8/💬40)
  7 issues created:
  - Merge normative -spin-exp text into -transport (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2369 
  - Text banning post-handshake client auth is unclear (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2367 
  - The initial table capacity is zero (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2363 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - 0-RTT flow control lmits can't be increased (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2360 [-transport] [design] 
  - Are Separate Uni and Bidi Stream Limits Meaningful? (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2358 
  - Stream Send State Machine is Confusing (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2357 
  - Persistent Congestion Requires Probes to be Sent (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2356 

  11 issues received 40 new comments:
  - #2344 RESET_STREAM should be allowed in 0-RTT packets (11 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2344 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2369 Merge normative -spin-exp text into -transport (11 by kazuho, marten-seemann, janaiyengar, britram, ihlar, loganaden, mirjak, hardie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2369 [-spin-exp] [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2367 Text banning post-handshake client auth is unclear (5 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2367 
  - #2358 Are Separate Uni and Bidi Stream Limits Meaningful? (3 by martinthomson, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2358 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2356 Persistent Congestion Requires Probes to be Sent (2 by ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2356 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2357 Stream Send State Machine is Confusing (2 by martinthomson, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2357 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2294 Why must we not use post-handshake client auth? (2 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2294 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2207 Time based loss recommendation not sensitive to paths with high RTT variability (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2207 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2353 MAX_STREAM_DATA risk unbounded state (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2353 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2360 0-RTT flow control limits can't be increased (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2360 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2158 Why is ipAddress variable length (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2158 [-transport] [editorial] 

  8 issues closed:
  - Loss events for reordered 0- and 0.5-RTT data https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1967 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Preferred address text is confusing https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2146 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Samples for RTT estimation https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2067 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Why must we not use post-handshake client auth? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2294 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Why is ipAddress variable length https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2158 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - MAX_STREAM_DATA risk unbounded state https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2353 [-transport] [design] 
  - STOP_SENDING on implicitly opened streams is error-prone https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2345 
  - What resets idle timeout? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2149 [-transport] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-8/💬31)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify when to signal error on incorrect Required Insert Count. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2368 
  - Bikeshed Required Insert Count encoding. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366 
  - Persistent Congestion Time Threshold (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2365 
  - Moving text on spinbit into transport (by ihlar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364 
  - Define RTT (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2362 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Refine STOP_SENDING reaction text (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2361 [-transport] [editorial] 

  15 pull requests received 31 new comments:
  - #2364 Moving text on spinbit into transport (14 by ihlar, ronieven, larseggert, britram, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364 
  - #2330 QPACK: Clarify how maximum dynamic table capacity can be set (2 by bencebeky, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2330 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2250 Call Largest Reference on the wire something else. (2 by bencebeky, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2261 Clarify when a dynamic table entry can be evicted. (2 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2261 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2327 Ignore packet loss when the keys are not available (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2327 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2340 Add note about frequent RTT estimates (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2340 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2352 allow STOP_SENDING on implicitly opened streams (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2352 
  - #2354 STOP_SENDING is permitted for Ready streams (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2355 Allow stream-related frames in 0-RTT (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2355 [-http] [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2365 Persistent Congestion Time Threshold (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2365 
  - #2248 Alternative Largest Reference Decoding algorithm. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2248 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2249 Invalid Largest Reference is a stream error. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2249 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2256 Initial maximum table size is zero. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2256 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2257 Initial maximum table size is SETTINGS_HEADER_TABLE_SIZE. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2257 [-http] [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2212 Proposed change to #1965 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2212 [-recovery] [design] 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Define RTT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2362 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Ignore packet loss when the keys are not available
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2327 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Changelog for -18
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2359 [editorial] 
  - Correcting polarity of SPA language
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349 [-transport] [design] [editorial] 
  - Add note about frequent RTT estimates
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2340 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Refine STOP_SENDING reaction text
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2361 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - STOP_SENDING is permitted for Ready streams
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Rework idle timeout definition
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2346 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts