Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-1/💬60)
  7 issues created:
  - Why must we not use post-handshake client auth? (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2294 
  - Allow extra data after self-terminating h3 frames (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2291 
  - Minor typo in Transport Parameters (by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2287 
  - STOP_SENDING is not depicted in the send FSM (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2283 
  - What the maximum of TransportParameters.max_ack_delay? (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2282 
  - address-based access control (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2279 
  - Disallow changes of table size after 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2276 

  12 issues received 60 new comments:
  - #2259 amplification attack using Retry and VN triggered by coalesced Initial packets (15 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, ianswett, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2259 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2282 What the maximum of TransportParameters.max_ack_delay? (12 by kazuho, ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2282 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2253 Consider making h3 frame types varint (9 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2253 [-http] [design] 
  - #2263 Make ALPN mandatory in QUIC-via-TLS (7 by kazuho, vasilvv, mikkelfj, erickinnear, martinthomson, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2263 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2291 Allow extra data after self-terminating h3 frames (5 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2291 
  - #2275 Varint h3 unidirectional stream types (4 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2275 [-http] [design] 
  - #2223 When can you coalesce connections (2 by LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2223 [-http] [design] 
  - #2258 Initial maximum table size needs clarification. (2 by martinthomson, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2258 [-http] [design] 
  - #2227 It's annoying that one can't send push in 0.5RTT (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2227 [-http] 
  - #2162 Limit sending while in RTO (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2162 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2228 How do I generate an RST? (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2228 [-http] 
  - #2267 loss of only two packets can lead to an unrecoverable situation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2267 [-transport] [design] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Minor typo in Transport Parameters https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2287 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+12/-4/💬30)
  12 pull requests submitted:
  - Allow servers to send a preferred address of each address family (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2296 
  - Move some long header fields to more appropriate definitions (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295 
  - Follow-up on PTO wording (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2293 
  - uni not bi (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2292 
  - transport: fix typos and add internal reference (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2290 
  - Allow extra data after self-terminating h3 frames (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2289 
  - draft-tls typo: replace mention of packet number protection with header protection (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2288 
  - Incoming unidirectional stream cannot be reset (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2286 
  - Rename Final Offset to Final Size (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2285 
  - Include handshake anti-deadlock logic in pseudocode (by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2281 
  - Get rid of DoS vulnerability in Reserved Bits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2280 
  - Trivial editorial fixes (by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2278 

  8 pull requests received 30 new comments:
  - #2281 Include handshake anti-deadlock logic in pseudocode (8 by Ralith, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2281 
  - #2235 Make HTTP frames a TLV format. This has several advantages: (6 by DavidSchinazi, janaiyengar, dtikhonov, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2235 [-http] [design] 
  - #2285 Rename Final Offset to Final Size (4 by kazuho, marten-seemann, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2285 
  - #2280 Clarify Actions on nonzero Reserved Bits (4 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2280 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2261 Avoid data corruption with wrapped Largest Reference. (4 by bencebeky, martinthomson, csillagasz)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2261 
  - #2289 Allow extra data after self-terminating h3 frames (2 by DavidSchinazi, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2289 
  - #2295 Move some long header fields to more appropriate definitions (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295 
  - #2237 Rework Key Update (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2237 [-tls] [design] 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - transport: fix typos and add internal reference
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2290 
  - uni not bi
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2292 
  - Fix: detect stateless reset if connection not found
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270 
  - Add missing warning about ODCIL encoding
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2273 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts