Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-11/💬58)
  11 issues created:
  - Justification for Key Separation doesn't make sense (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2447 
  - Organize Security Considerations (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2444 
  - Conflict between SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS and SETTINGS_ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2443 
  - Put Initial Value of settings in IANA Considerations (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2442 
  - Peers that only terminate a single connection on an IP/port cannot migrate (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2441 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify use of HTTP request with http scheme over HTTP/3  (by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2439 
  - rate-limiting the CID issuance needs to be allowed (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2436 
  - loss recovery of crypto packets is less aggressive, not more aggressive (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2435 
  - Reserved versions are not version-dependent (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2434 
  - HTTP/3 doesn't mandate RFC8470 compliance (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2432 [-http] [design] 
  - Reserved versions will "probably" never represent a real protocol? (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2430 [-transport] [editorial] 

  23 issues received 58 new comments:
  - #2436 rate-limiting of CID issuance needs to be allowed (18 by kazuho, MikeBishop, martinthomson, huitema, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2436 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2400 VN packets may be dropped more often when the QUIC bit is 0 (6 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2400 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2413 Mandate using a new connection ID on migration (4 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2413 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2434 Reserved versions are not version-dependent (3 by martinthomson, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2434 [-invariants] [-transport] 
  - #2398 Specify DCID of 0-RTT packets (3 by MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2398 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2439 Clarify use of HTTP request with http scheme over HTTP/3  (2 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2439 [-http] 
  - #2447 Justification for Key Separation doesn't make sense (2 by martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2447 
  - #2145 Don't change CID on peer CID change (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2145 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2415 Unidirectional RESET_STREAM/STOP_SENDING semantics map poorly to proxies (2 by MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2415 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2175 Key Diversity (2 by kazuho, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2175 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2430 Reserved versions will "probably" never represent a real protocol? (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2430 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #1795 Define a safe algorithm for changing CID in response to a change in CID (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1795 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2441 Peers that only terminate a single connection on an IP/port cannot migrate with 0-byte CIDs (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2441 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1810 Timing issues in version downgrade attack prevention (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1810 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2435 loss recovery of crypto packets is less aggressive, not more aggressive (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2435 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1834 Flow control for post-handshake CRYPTO messages (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1834 [-tls] [design] [yaec!] 
  - #2348 Specify IPv6 flow label for QUIC (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2348 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2101 Should retiring all CIDs be an error? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2101 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2363 The initial table capacity is zero (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2363 [-qpack] [editorial] [has-proposal] 
  - #2357 Stream Send State Machine is Confusing (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2357 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2319 Error code for acknowledgment of a packet that was never sent (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2319 [-transport] [design] [yaec!] 
  - #1885 DATA frame encoding is inefficient for long dynamically generated bodies (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1885 [-http] [design] 
  - #1904 Alternative largest reference algorithm (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1904 [-qpack] [editorial] [has-proposal] 

  11 issues closed:
  - Justification for Key Separation doesn't make sense https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2447 
  - address-based access control https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2279 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Error code for indicating that a HTTP response is aborted https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2416 [-http] [design] [yaec!] 
  - Specify IPv6 flow label for QUIC https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2348 [-transport] [design] 
  - Mandate using a new connection ID on migration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2413 [-transport] [design] 
  - Stream Send State Machine is Confusing https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2357 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - loss recovery description mixes variables depending on the packet number space and packet numbers independent of it https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2405 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Alternative largest reference algorithm https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1904 [-qpack] [editorial] [has-proposal] 
  - The initial table capacity is zero https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2363 [-qpack] [editorial] [has-proposal] 
  - Disallow changes of table size after 0-RTT https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2276 [-http] [-qpack] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - Largest Reference algorithm can produce invalid values https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2112 [-qpack] [design] [has-proposal] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-8/💬18)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Minor TLS draft editorial corrections (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2446 
  - quic-tls nits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2445 
  - Modify QPACK steam and instruction terminology (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2440 
  - QPACK table lookup noob clarifications (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2438 
  - VarInt all the HTTP things (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2437 [-http] [design] 
  - Require RFC8470 (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2433 [-http] [design] 
  - Discard inconsistent packets (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2431 [-transport] [editorial] 

  13 pull requests received 18 new comments:
  - #2428 clarify what happens when consuming CIDs excessively (3 by erickinnear, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2428 [-transport] 
  - #2365 Persistent Congestion Time Threshold (2 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2365 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1998 introduce a max_connection_ids transport parameter (2 by marten-seemann, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1998 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2417 update the pseudo code to include packet number spaces (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2417 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2433 Require RFC8470 (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2433 [-http] [design] 
  - #2438 QPACK table lookup noob clarifications (1 by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2438 
  - #2249 Invalid Largest Reference is a stream error. (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2249 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #348 Define "httpq" (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/348 [-http] [parked] 
  - #2399 Ipv6 flow label (1 by becarpenter)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2399 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2414 New connection IDs are mandatory for intentional migration  (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2414 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2424 Reword Immediate ACK Recommendation (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2424 
  - #2090 create codec streams only when necessary (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2090 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2431 Discard inconsistent packets (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2431 [-transport] [editorial] 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Indicate initial-only frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2425 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Migration in Security Considerations
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2427 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Servers can still CANCEL, too.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2426 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Update diagram: h2q is now h3
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2422 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - update the pseudo code to include packet number spaces
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2417 [-recovery] [design] 
  - QPACK: Clarify how maximum dynamic table capacity can be set
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2330 [-qpack] [design] 
  - QPACK: Clarify how maximum dynamic table capacity can be set
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2330 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Replace the RequireInsertCount decoding algorithm
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2379 [-qpack] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts