Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-4/💬28)
  3 issues created:
  - Specify what occurs when the maximum Stream Id exceeds 2^62 - 1 in MAX_STREAMS (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2487 [-transport] [design] 
  - DetectLostPackets needs to be per packet number space (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2484 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Definition of Stream Final Size is ambiguous (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2481 

  13 issues received 28 new comments:
  - #2473 Connection ID Length changes (5 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, kazuho, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2473 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2477 CID's should be compared in constant time (4 by martinthomson, ianswett, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2477 [-transport] 
  - #2400 VN packets may be dropped more often when the QUIC bit is 0 (3 by kazuho, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2400 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2407 Can VN and Retry packets be coalesced? (3 by mnot, kazuho, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2407 [-transport] 
  - #2487 Specify what occurs when the maximum Stream Id exceeds 2^62 - 1 in MAX_STREAMS (3 by marten-seemann, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2487 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2435 loss recovery of crypto packets is less aggressive, not more aggressive (2 by marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2435 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2475 Invalid CONNECTION_CLOSE frames (2 by ronieven, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2475 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2049 minimum payload size requirement creates awkward special case (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2049 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2436 rate-limiting of CID issuance needs to be allowed (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2436 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2472 PTO calculation (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2464 Remember Fewer Transport Parameters for 0-RTT (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2464 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2484 DetectLostPackets needs to be per packet number space (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2484 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2413 Mandate using a new connection ID on migration (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2413 [-transport] [design] 

  4 issues closed:
  - minimum payload size requirement creates awkward special case https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2049 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - DetectLostPackets needs to be per packet number space https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2484 [-recovery] [design] 
  - loss recovery of crypto packets is less aggressive, not more aggressive https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2435 [-recovery] [design] 
  - PTO calculation https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472 [-recovery] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-9/💬16)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Don't close the connection if MAX_STREAMS is too large (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2486 [-transport] [design] 
  - add the pn_space index for largest_acked_packet (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2485 
  - Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2483 
  - Add #2302 to the list of items changed since ID-17 (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2482 
  - Fix PTO computation (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2480 
  - Introduce a "late-stage" process (by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2479 
  - fix incorrect field name (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2478 

  8 pull requests received 16 new comments:
  - #2414 New connection IDs are mandatory for intentional migration  (7 by larseggert, janaiyengar, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2414 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1998 introduce a max_connection_ids transport parameter (3 by kazuho, marten-seemann, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1998 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2454 Change Idle Timeout to Milliseconds (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2454 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #2406 Close connection if peer becomes unreachable (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2406 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2483 Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails (1 by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2483 
  - #2485 add the pn_space index for largest_acked_packet (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2485 
  - #2476 Packetization Nits (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476 
  - #2365 Persistent Congestion Time Threshold (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2365 [-recovery] [design] 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Introduce a "late-stage" process
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2479 
  - add the pn_space index for largest_acked_packet
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2485 
  - Add a loss_time per packet number space
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2451 [-recovery] [design] 
  - the crypto timeout is based on the last crypto packet sent
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2456 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Fix PTO computation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2480 
  - Add #2302 to the list of items changed since ID-17
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2482 
  - fix incorrect field name
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2478 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Packetization Nits
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476 
  - Eliminate duplicate word
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2474 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts