Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-4/💬54)
  8 issues created:
  - CID's should be compared in constant time (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2477 
  - Invalid CONNECTION_CLOSE frames (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2475 
  - Connection ID Length changes (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2473 
  - PTO calculation (by ddragana)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472 
  - Stateless Reset Lacks Normative Text (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2471 
  - Suggestion that Retry might not change CID (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2465 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Remember Fewer Transport Parameters for 0-RTT (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2464 
  - SPA ad Infinitum (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2462 

  10 issues received 54 new comments:
  - #2473 Connection ID Length changes (27 by kazuho, nibanks, mikkelfj, Ralith, ianswett, martinthomson, MikeBishop, dtikhonov, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2473 
  - #2464 Remember Fewer Transport Parameters for 0-RTT (6 by martinthomson, ianswett, martinduke, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2464 [-transport] 
  - #2477 CID's should be compared in constant time (5 by kazuho, MikeBishop, dtikhonov, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2477 [-transport] 
  - #2475 Invalid CONNECTION_CLOSE frames (4 by mikkelfj, martinduke, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2475 
  - #2441 Peers that only terminate a single connection on an IP/port cannot migrate with 0-byte CIDs (3 by MikeBishop, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2441 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2458 Client MUST use 1-RTT packets if it reads 1-RTT packets (3 by kazuho, MikeBishop, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2458 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2462 SPA ad Infinitum (3 by marten-seemann, ianswett, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2462 
  - #2283 STOP_SENDING is not depicted in the send FSM (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2283 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2472 PTO calculation (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2453 Change Idle Timeout Units of Milliseconds (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2453 [-transport] [design] 

  4 issues closed:
  - What else confirms that the peer is also closing/draining https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2147 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Change Idle Timeout Units of Milliseconds https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2453 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - SPA ad Infinitum https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2462 
  - STOP_SENDING is not depicted in the send FSM https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2283 [-transport] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-5/💬30)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Packetization Nits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476 
  - Eliminate duplicate word (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2474 
  - More specific IANA registration xref (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2470 
  - Fix inconsistent leading zeros (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2469 
  - Address Validation Nits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2468 
  - Refine Discussion of 0-RTT Transport Parameters (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467 
  - Bound 0-to-1-RTT Transition (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2466 [-transport] [design] 
  - Fix packet and stream numbers in example (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2463 
  -  0-RTT can't use transport parameters or 1-RTT frames  (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2461 [-transport] [design] 

  8 pull requests received 30 new comments:
  - #2461  0-RTT can't use transport parameters or 1-RTT frames  (12 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2461 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2466 Bound 0-to-1-RTT Transition (10 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, MikeBishop, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2466 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2468 Address Validation Nits (2 by DavidSchinazi, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2468 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #1998 introduce a max_connection_ids transport parameter (2 by martinthomson, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1998 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2414 New connection IDs are mandatory for intentional migration  (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2414 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2237 Rework Key Update (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2237 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2454 Change Idle Timeout to Milliseconds (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2454 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2463 Fix packet and stream numbers in example (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2463 [-transport] [editorial] 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Address Validation Nits
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2468 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - describe what happens when the PTO timer expires
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2455 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Fix packet and stream numbers in example
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2463 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Reword closing confirmation text
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2459 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Change Idle Timeout to Milliseconds
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2454 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts