Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 00:45:11 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-1/💬31)
  7 issues created:
  - App error codes, transport section 20.1  (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2513 
  - Some correctness issues in the HTTP/3 drafts are stream errors, not connection errors (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2511 [-http] [design] 
  - STOP_SENDING on Critical Stream (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2509 
  - PRIORITY frames from server should be Connection Error (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2507 
  - Example Handshake Flows indicate use of CERT and CV for resumed connections (by kirsey)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2505 
  - PRIORITY frame on control stream referencing unopened request stream (by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2502 
  - Use of "abort" (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2500 

  7 issues received 31 new comments:
  - #2511 Some correctness issues in the HTTP/3 drafts are stream errors, not connection errors (9 by kazuho, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2511 [-http] [design] 
  - #2498 Error Code when SETTINGS exceeds maximum (8 by kazuho, MikeBishop, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2498 [-http] 
  - #2502 PRIORITY frame on control stream referencing unopened request stream (7 by dtikhonov, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2502 
  - #2344 Frames that are allowed in 0-RTT packets (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2344 [-transport] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - #2509 STOP_SENDING on Critical Stream (2 by RyanAtGoogle, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2509 
  - #2495 Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails (2 by martinthomson, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2495 [-tls] 
  - #2487 Specify what occurs when the maximum Stream Id exceeds 2^62 - 1 in MAX_STREAMS (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2487 [-transport] [design] [has-proposal] 

  1 issues closed:
  - PRIORITY frames from server should be Connection Error https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2507 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-2/💬21)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Make avoidable HTTP/3 errors connection errors (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2512 
  - all HTTP/3 protocol violations should lead to connection errors (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2510 
  - Change illegal PRIORITY frame to a conn error (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2508 
  - Clarify RTT calculations in recovery (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506 [-recovery] 
  - MAX_KEY_UPDATES frame (yet another proposal to solve the key retirement problem) (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2504 
  - Suggestion for #2499 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2503 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Define Error when Empty Bits != 0 (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2501 

  9 pull requests received 21 new comments:
  - #2499 Close the connection if MAX_STREAMS is too large (4 by marten-seemann, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2499 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2510 all HTTP/3 protocol violations should lead to connection errors (4 by kazuho, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2510 [-http] 
  - #2508 Change illegal PRIORITY frame to a conn error (3 by kazuho, martinduke, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2508 [-http] [design] 
  - #2492 RETIRE_KEYS proposal (3 by rpaulo, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2492 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2467 Refine Discussion of 0-RTT Transport Parameters (2 by janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467 
  - #2512 Make avoidable HTTP/3 errors connection errors (2 by kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2512 
  - #2497 Change error code for DUPLICATE_PUSH (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2497 [-http] [design] 
  - #2355 Allow most frames in 0-RTT (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2355 [-http] [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2486 Don't close the connection if MAX_STREAMS is too large (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2486 [-transport] [design] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Change illegal PRIORITY frame to a conn error
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2508 [-http] [design] 
  - Change error code for DUPLICATE_PUSH
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2497 [-http] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts