Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+17/-8/💬60)
  17 issues created:
  - bytes_in_flight might be reduced twice for lost packets (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2571 [-recovery] 
  - RTT computation section needs to mention largest_acked (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2570 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - RTT sample should be taken only once for each largest_acked (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2569 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Reduce restrictions on valid RTT samples (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2568 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Restructure RTT section (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2567 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Usage of "epoch" term (by agrover)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2566 
  - Crypto retx timeout should have higher priority than time based loss detection (by yangchi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2565 
  - HTTP/3 unidirectional streams arms race (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2559 
  - Clarify text in transport section 3.2 about RESET_STREAM while in DataRecvd (by agrover)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2558 
  - Should kPersistentCongestionThreshold be 1 or 2? (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2556 
  - Define idle period for congestion control (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2555 
  - Congestion control during application limited state (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2554 
  - Saving a round-trip time in the initial handshakes with retry (by kirsey)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2552 
  - Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME for something simpler (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2551 
  - Apply GREASE to transport parameters (by mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2550 
  - HTTP/3 frame type registration render error (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2549 
  - Clarify that stateless_reset_token is not mandatory (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2547 

  32 issues received 60 new comments:
  - #2556 Should kPersistentCongestionThreshold be 2 or 3? (6 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2556 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2559 HTTP/3 unidirectional streams arms race (5 by martinthomson, kazuho, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2559 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2184 kInitialRtt of 100 msec is too aggressive (4 by loganaden, pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2184 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2566 Usage of "epoch" term in recovery draft (example code in appendixes) (3 by kazuho, martinthomson, agrover)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2566 
  - #2568 Reduce restrictions on valid RTT samples (3 by ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2568 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2377 Crypto Frames/Packets Aren't Blocked by CC (3 by nibanks, pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2377 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2389 Be clearer about the purpose of disable_migration (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2389 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2547 Clarify that stateless_reset_token is not mandatory (3 by martinthomson, ghedo, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2547 [-transport] 
  - #2473 Connection ID Length changes (2 by mnot, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2473 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2496 QUIC Version Ossification (2 by britram, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2531 spin bit intro: information can't be used "for" techniques (2 by britram, ihlar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2531 
  - #2393 kGranularity and max_ack_delay possibly should be added after exponential backoff (2 by pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2393 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2543 NEW_TOKEN token and encryption (2 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2543 [-transport] 
  - #2545 MAX_PACKET_SIZE frame (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2545 
  - #2311 Connection migration attacks may have other side effects (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2311 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2569 RTT sample should be taken only once for each largest_acked (1 by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2569 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2571 bytes_in_flight might be reduced twice for lost packets (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2571 [-recovery] 
  - #2436 rate-limiting of CID issuance needs to be allowed (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2436 [-transport] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - #2458 Client MUST use 1-RTT packets if it reads 1-RTT packets (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2458 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2441 Peers that only terminate a single connection on an IP/port cannot migrate with 0-byte CIDs (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2441 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2360 0-RTT flow control limits can't be increased (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2360 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1978 Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [parked] [quicv2] 
  - #2495 Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2495 [-tls] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #2528 Are transport parameters mandatory? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2528 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1986 Consider dynamic hybrid between time-based and packet-based loss detection (1 by maolson-msft)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1986 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2185 Should number of Tail Loss Probes be 1 or 2? (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2185 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2400 VN packets may be dropped more often when the QUIC bit is 0 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2400 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2403 The number of Connection ID is unbounded to NEW_CONNECTION_ID sender (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2403 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2541 Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 
  - #2546 ACK of ACK are useful (1 by RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2546 [-transport] 
  - #2555 Define idle period for congestion control (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2555 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2558 Clarify text in transport section 3.2 about RESET_STREAM while in DataRecvd (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2558 

  8 issues closed:
  - Clarify that stateless_reset_token is not mandatory https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2547 [-transport] 
  - Peers that only terminate a single connection on an IP/port cannot migrate with 0-byte CIDs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2441 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2495 [-tls] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Consider dynamic hybrid between time-based and packet-based loss detection https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1986 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Should number of Tail Loss Probes be 1 or 2? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2185 [-recovery] [design] 
  - kGranularity and max_ack_delay possibly should be added after exponential backoff https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2393 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [parked] [quicv2] 
  - Crypto Frames/Packets Aren't Blocked by CC https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2377 [-recovery] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-1/💬7)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Updated spinbit text (by ihlar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2564 
  - Remove Unicode Character 'LEFT-TO-RIGHT OVERRIDE' (U+202D) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2563 
  - qpack: define error codes to 0x2xx (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2562 
  - Set the QUIC bit in Version Negotiation (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2561 [-transport] [design] 
  - Transport parameters are mandatory. Fixes #2528 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2560 
  - Change on idle behaviour (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553 
  - Clarify that stateless_reset_token is not mandatory (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2548 

  5 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #2564 Updated spinbit text (2 by larseggert, ihlar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2564 
  - #2548 Clarify that stateless_reset_token is not mandatory (2 by martinthomson, ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2548 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2562 qpack: define error codes to 0x2xx (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2562 
  - #2364 Moving text on spinbit into transport (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364 
  - #2557 Simplify kPersistentThreshold (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2557 [-recovery] [editorial] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Simplify kPersistentThreshold
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2557 [-recovery] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts