Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 00:45:15 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+12/-6/💬54)
  12 issues created:
  - ACK of ACK are useful (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2546 
  - MAX_PACKET_SIZE frame (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2545 
  - Is time based loss detection across packet number space? (by yangchi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2544 
  - NEW_TOKEN token and encryption (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2543 
  - Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (by mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 
  - Version negotiation, reserved or 0x?a?a?a?a (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2540 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - What happens if STREAM offset exceeds 2^62 -1 (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2538 
  - ECN text refers to RTO (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2534 
  - Handling of PRIORITY Frame Empty bits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2533 
  - spin bit intro: information can't be used "for" techniques (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2531 
  - Are transport parameters mandatory? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2528 [-transport] 
  - PUSH_ID as a frame (by lnicco)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2526 

  18 issues received 54 new comments:
  - #2526 PUSH_ID as a frame (11 by lnicco, martinthomson, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2526 [-http] [design] 
  - #2528 Are transport parameters mandatory? (8 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, janaiyengar, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2528 [-transport] 
  - #2533 Handling of PRIORITY Frame Empty bits (8 by martinthomson, dtikhonov, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2533 
  - #2541 Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (6 by DavidSchinazi, siyengar, kazuho, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 
  - #2543 NEW_TOKEN token and encryption (5 by kazuho, janaiyengar, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2543 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2538 What happens if STREAM offset exceeds 2^62 -1 (2 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2538 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2540 Version negotiation, reserved or 0x?a?a?a?a (2 by martinthomson, janrueth)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2540 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2435 loss recovery of crypto packets is less aggressive, not more aggressive (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2435 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2473 Connection ID Length changes (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2473 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2546 ACK of ACK are useful (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2546 
  - #2100 Avoid creating QPACK codec streams when unnecessary (1 by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2100 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2496 QUIC Ossification (1 by philsbln)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2377 Crypto Frames/Packets Aren't Blocked by CC (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2377 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2509 STOP_SENDING on Critical Stream (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2509 [-http] [design] 
  - #2393 kGranularity and max_ack_delay possibly should be added after exponential backoff (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2393 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2544 Is time based loss detection across packet number space? (1 by yangchi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2544 
  - #2162 Limit sending while in RTO (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2162 [-recovery] [design] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Conflict between SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS and SETTINGS_ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2443 [-http] [design] 
  - Is time based loss detection across packet number space? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2544 
  - Limit sending while in RTO https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2162 [-recovery] [design] 
  - loss recovery of crypto packets is less aggressive, not more aggressive https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2435 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Brackets in recovery https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2517 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Specify what occurs when the maximum Stream Id exceeds 2^62 - 1 in MAX_STREAMS https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2487 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+10/-9/💬20)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - Editorial changes to transport draft (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2542 
  - Update name of TPs (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539 
  - Clarify meaning of RESET_STREAM (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2537 
  - Nit in ECN format section (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2536 
  - disallow port changes on disable_migration (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2535 
  - Many frames have flags in the type now (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2532 
  - Bump SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS codepoint to 0x9 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2530 
  - Allow not creating QPACK codec streams (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529 
  - Allow not creating QPACK codec streams (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529 
  - Push stream data and PUSH_PROMISE reordering clarification (by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2527 

  10 pull requests received 20 new comments:
  - #2524 Specify behavior for post-handshake CRYPTO messages (8 by marten-seemann, mikkelfj, nharper, martinthomson, ianswett, RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2524 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2237 Rework Key Update (3 by martinthomson, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2237 [-tls] [design] 
  - #1251 Server's preferred address (2 by DavidSchinazi, GuShuhengSimon)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1251 [-transport] [merge-imminent] 
  - #2446 Minor TLS draft editorial corrections (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2446 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2467 Refine Discussion of 0-RTT Transport Parameters (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2527 Push stream data and PUSH_PROMISE reordering clarification (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2527 
  - #2492 RETIRE_KEYS proposal (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2492 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2532 Many frames have flags in the type now (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2532 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2535 disallow port changes on disable_migration (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2535 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2537 Clarify meaning of RESET_STREAM (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2537 [-transport] [editorial] 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Bump SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS codepoint to 0x9
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2530 [-http] [design] 
  - Editorial changes to transport draft
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2542 
  - disallow port changes on disable_migration
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2535 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Minor TLS draft editorial corrections
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2446 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Nit in ECN format section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2536 
  - Clarify meaning of RESET_STREAM
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2537 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Many frames have flags in the type now
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2532 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Close the connection if MAX_STREAMS is too large
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2499 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2483 [-tls] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts