Subject: Survey: Features and Future of QUIC

From: Robin MARX <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 14:26:43 +0100

Hello everyone,

We are two groups of researchers from Hasselt University (Belgium) and RWTH
Aachen (Germany).
We are currently running a survey on the various features of QUIC, both V1
and the future V2.

Our goal is to get more insight into the various use cases for which people
might want to use QUIC and which of the features are most important in
various contexts.

While we expect most of the possible use cases are already known to some
extent to the various members in this working group, we feel this is not
necessarily the case for the broader community.
Additionally, some use cases might not have had the same level of scrutiny
as others (e.g., real time gaming, IoT).
We hope that a write-up of the results of this survey can help the
community better understand the wide array of applications for QUIC and has
potential to help steer further decisions for the design of QUIC,
especially for V2.

If this sounds like a good idea, you are cordially invited to fill out the
survey at:
https://goo.gl/forms/oK5RPG9MTjg11JiQ2
It should take about 15-20 minutes (4 sections).

Also certainly feel free to spread this survey in your own personal
networks and beyond.
We would love to also get some opinions from people who aren't as
optimistic about QUIC as we are.

If it doesn't sound like a good idea, we are of course open to feedback.
I will also be present at IETF 104 in Prague for further discussion or more
in-depth interviews should people be interested.

With best regards,
Robin Marx and Oliver Hohlfeld

-- 

Robin Marx
PhD researcher - web performance
Expertise centre for Digital Media

T +32(0)11 26 84 79 - GSM +32(0)497 72 86 94

www.uhasselt.be
Universiteit Hasselt - Campus Diepenbeek
Agoralaan Gebouw D - B-3590 Diepenbeek
Kantoor EDM-2.05