Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-7/💬29)
  5 issues created:
  - Remove size optimization for Initial packets (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2522 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify initial UDP datagram padding (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2519 
  - SOCKS over QUIC (by madhanraj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2518 
  - Brackets in recovery (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2517 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Semantics of SETTINGS_MAX_HEADER_LIST_SIZE (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2516 

  7 issues received 29 new comments:
  - #2516 Semantics of SETTINGS_MAX_HEADER_LIST_SIZE (13 by kazuho, tatsuhiro-t, mikkelfj, martinthomson, LPardue, ianswett, RyanAtGoogle, dtikhonov, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2516 [-http] 
  - #2519 Clarify initial UDP datagram padding (7 by kazuho, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2519 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2502 PRIORITY frame on control stream referencing unopened request stream (3 by rmarx, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2502 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2518 SOCKS over QUIC (3 by DavidSchinazi, larseggert, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2518 [invalid] 
  - #2496 QUIC Ossification (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] 
  - #2522 Remove size optimization for Initial packets (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2522 [-transport] 
  - #2205 Largest acked in ACK frame MUST NOT decrease (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2205 [-transport] [design] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Clarify initial UDP datagram padding https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2519 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - SOCKS over QUIC https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2518 
  - Mandate using a new connection ID on migration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2413 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - HTTP/3 doesn't mandate RFC8470 compliance https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2432 [-http] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - Frames that are allowed in 0-RTT packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2344 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - App error codes, transport section 20.1  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2513 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Example Handshake Flows indicate use of CERT and CV for resumed connections https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2505 [-transport] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-11/💬19)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Add section number to reference (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2525 
  - Specify behavior for post-handshake CRYPTO messages (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2524 
  - Remove exception for Initial padding (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2523 [-transport] [design] 
  - QPACK: Use the term "HTTP/3" in the title (by omasanori)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2521 
  - Rephrase size requirement for Initial packets (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2520 
  - Recovery Changelog for -19 (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2515 
  - Changelog for -19 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2514 

  6 pull requests received 19 new comments:
  - #2510 all HTTP/3 protocol violations should lead to connection errors (8 by kazuho, mikkelfj, dtikhonov, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2510 [-http] 
  - #2520 Rephrase size requirement for Initial packets (4 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2520 
  - #2499 Close the connection if MAX_STREAMS is too large (3 by dtikhonov, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2499 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2521 QPACK: Use the term "HTTP/3" in the title (2 by afrind, omasanori)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2521 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2483 Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails (1 by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2483 [-tls] 
  - #2261 Clarify when a dynamic table entry can be evicted. (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2261 [-qpack] [editorial] 

  11 pull requests merged:
  - Add section number to reference
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2525 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Rephrase size requirement for Initial packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2520 
  - QPACK: Use the term "HTTP/3" in the title
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2521 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - Remove requirement for reciprocal connection ID change
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386 [-transport] [design] 
  - New connection IDs are mandatory for intentional migration 
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2414 [-transport] [design] 
  - Allow most frames in 0-RTT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2355 [-http] [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - Changelog for -19
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2514 [editorial] 
  - Recovery Changelog for -19
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2515 
  - Clarify when a dynamic table entry can be evicted.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2261 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - More specific IANA registration xref
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2470 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - QPACK table lookup noob clarifications
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2438 [-qpack] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts