Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-5/💬31)
  4 issues created:
  - Signal error upon receipt of multiple trailing HEADERS (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2858 
  - Early Data isn't explained (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2856 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - transport: broken refs to -recovery (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2855 
  - Resetting stream without knowledge (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2850 

  13 issues received 31 new comments:
  - #2844 Client connection IDs are broken (6 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2844 [-transport] 
  - #2850 Resetting stream without knowledge (5 by martinthomson, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2850 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2825 Exceeding Max STREAM ID should be a connection error (4 by martinthomson, mnot, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2825 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2821 Rationalize HTTP/3 stream creation errors (3 by kazuho, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2821 [-http] 
  - #2816 Handling RESET_STREAM and STOP_SENDING with invalid error codes (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2816 [-http] [design] 
  - #2534 ECN text disables ECN too aggressively (2 by mnot, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2534 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2858 Signal error upon receipt of multiple trailing HEADERS (2 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2858 [-http] [design] 
  - #2839 Consider adding flags transport parameter for extension, frame, or feature negotiation (2 by martinthomson, chris-wood)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2839 [-transport] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2823 Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 [-tls] 
  - #2153 Increase the odds of a stateless reset? (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2153 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2801 describe how a client is supposed to handle multiple tokens (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2801 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2840 Does rejecting 0-RTT data prohibit ACKing 0-RTT data? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2840 [-transport] 
  - #2842 Does it make sense to try 0-RTT after Retry? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2842 [-transport] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Rationalize HTTP/3 stream creation errors https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2821 [-http] 
  - Rationalise HTTP_WRONG_SETTING_DIRECTION error https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2810 [-http] 
  - Rationalise Server-Push-specific rejection error codes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2812 [-http] 
  - H3 appendix A.4 GENERAL_PROTOCOL_ERROR https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2807 [-http] 
  - Exceeding Max STREAM ID should be a connection error https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2825 [-transport] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+13/-17/💬11)
  13 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove unnecessary quotes (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2861 
  - Fix grammar (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2860 
  - Delayed packets can't create state (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2859 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Define terms for application actions (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2857 [-http] [-transport] [design] 
  - transport: fix dangling reference to -tls (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2854 
  - transport: fix dangling ref to recovery (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2853 
  - recommend resending of 0-RTT data after a Retry (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2852 
  - Allow connections to share a port by adding restrictions on zero-length connection IDs (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2851 
  - Fix grammar (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2849 
  - Fix grammar (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2848 
  - Don't terminate connections, close 'em (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2847 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - fix overspecific coalescing requirement for Initials (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2846 
  - Remove stale text that forbids the use of TLS records carrying early data (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2845 

  5 pull requests received 11 new comments:
  - #2851 Allow connections to share a port by adding restrictions on zero-length connection IDs (7 by DavidSchinazi, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2851 
  - #2848 Fix grammar (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2848 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2802 remove misleading sentence about incompatible QUIC versions and ALPN (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2802 [-tls] 
  - #2826 Make exceeding stream limits a connection error (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2826 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2846 fix overspecific coalescing requirement for Initials (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2846 

  17 pull requests merged:
  - Rationalize HTTP/3 stream creation errors
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2822 [-http] [design] 
  - Refactor Push ID related errors
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2820 [-http] [design] 
  - Rationalize HTTP_WRONG_SETTING_DIRECTION
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2814 [-http] 
  - Remove HTTP_PUSH_ALREADY_IN_CACHE error
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2813 [-http] 
  - Compare H2 PROTOCOL_ERROR with HTTP_GENERAL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2808 [-http] 
  - transport: fix dangling reference to -tls
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2854 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Don't terminate connections, close 'em
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2847 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - QPACK editorial revision
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2759 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - Fix grammar
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2849 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Fix grammar
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2848 
  - fix overspecific coalescing requirement for Initials
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2846 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Remove stale text that forbids the use of TLS records carrying early data
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2845 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Fix title capitalization
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2828 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - remove misleading sentence about connection IDs after Retry
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2832 [-transport] 
  - Make exceeding stream limits a connection error
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2826 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Editorial suggestions on the Streams section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2730 [-transport] 
  - Transport editorial suggestions
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731 [-transport] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts