Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-6/💬81)
  7 issues created:
  - Junk QUIC High Hardware Usage (by jobs-git)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2795 
  - Junk QUIC High Hardware Usage (by jobs-git)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2793 
  - Timing side-channel on key updates (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2792 
  - Binding settings into session tickets (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2790 [-http] 
  - Use a higher seed RTT for new paths (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2789 [-recovery] [design] 
  - HTTP/3 has less concurrency than HTTP/2 (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2787 
  - Disallow reuse of stateless reset tokens (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2785 

  19 issues received 81 new comments:
  - #2645 Retire My Own CID (20 by DavidSchinazi, mikkelfj, nibanks, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2645 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2785 Disallow reuse of stateless reset tokens (12 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2785 [-transport] 
  - #2792 Timing side-channel on key updates (10 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, ianswett, nibanks, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2792 
  - #2670 Remove ack_delay_exponent TP (8 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, ianswett, martinthomson, huitema, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2670 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2783 Consider making SETTINGS part of the control stream header (5 by kazuho, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2783 [-http] 
  - #2309 Migration before handshake completed is very messy (4 by huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2309 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (3 by erickinnear, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2770 If you want a Stateless Reset you need to send a much larger packet than before (3 by RyanAtGoogle, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2770 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2205 Largest acked in ACK frame MUST NOT decrease (2 by mnot, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2205 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2389 Be clearer about the purpose of disable_migration (2 by igorlord, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2389 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2787 HTTP/3 has less concurrency than HTTP/2 (2 by kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2787 
  - #2541 Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (2 by DavidSchinazi, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2550 Apply GREASE to transport parameters (2 by loganaden, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2550 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2084 Discuss requirement that connection IDs not be correlatable (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2084 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2754 Lessen the divergence from the HTTP/2 prioritization scheme by requiring all PRIORITY frames to be sent on the control stream (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2754 [-http] 
  - #2387 Write up our security target against on-path attack (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2387 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2789 Use a higher seed RTT for new paths (1 by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2789 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2793 Junk QUIC High Hardware Usage (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2793 [invalid] 
  - #2795 Junk QUIC High Hardware Usage (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2795 

  6 issues closed:
  - Should platform delays be included in ack-delay? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2596 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Junk QUIC High Hardware Usage https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2793 [invalid] 
  - Lessen the divergence from the HTTP/2 prioritization scheme by requiring all PRIORITY frames to be sent on the control stream https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2754 [-http] 
  - HTTP/3 settings frames and prioritization  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2772 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Prohibiting server-initiated bidirectional streams for h3 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2711 [-http] [design] 
  - H3 guidance on malformed request/response is light https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2410 [-http] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-13/💬40)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify ACK of ACKs and bundling a PING (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2794 [-transport] 
  - Receiver's behavior on key update (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2791 
  - Clarify the side-effect of frequent key updates (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2788 
  - SHOULD NOT include platform delay in ack delay (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2786 
  - Fix inconsistency. (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2784 

  9 pull requests received 40 new comments:
  - #2729 Don't store or retransmit PATH_RESPONSE frames, avoid buffering (12 by yangchi, DavidSchinazi, kazuho, mikkelfj, erickinnear, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2729 
  - #2786 SHOULD NOT include platform delay in ack delay (8 by kazuho, ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2786 [-recovery] 
  - #2761 allow PRIORITY frames referring to placeholders exceeding `SETTING_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS` (6 by kazuho, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2761 
  - #2788 Clarify the side-effect of frequent key updates (5 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2788 
  - #2774 Discuss max-header-list-size from the other side (4 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2774 [-http] 
  - #2677 Trigger unhappy (2 by ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2677 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2769 Request to Retire Locally Issued CIDs (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2769 [-transport] 
  - #2791 Receiver's behavior on key update (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2791 
  - #2794 Clarify ACK of ACKs and bundling a PING (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2794 [-transport] 

  13 pull requests merged:
  - SHOULD NOT include platform delay in ack delay
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2786 [-recovery] 
  - Bring back the Exclusive Flag
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2781 [-http] [design] 
  - Explain initial settings a little more
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Don't mandate zero server-initiated bidi streams
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2773 [-http] 
  - Import malformed message text
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2764 [-http] 
  - Mandate allowing peer to create enough unidirectional streams for HTTP and QPACK
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2762 [-http] 
  - Specify error for a DATA frame before any HEADERS frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715 [-http] [design] 
  - Fix inconsistency.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2784 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Break up H2 Frame Considerations
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2698 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Fix number agreement: a peer *is* able
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2782 [-http] 
  - use upper-case RECOMMENDED for text incorporated from RFC 7540
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2780 [-http] 
  - Specify HEADERS on control stream error.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2708 [-http] 
  - Consolidate Bidirectional Streams and Frame Layout truncated frames paragraphs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2722 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts