Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+16/-6/💬28)
  16 issues created:
  - text about rejecting 0-RTT is unclear (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2829 
  - Exceeding Max STREAM ID should be a connection error (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2825 
  - Proposal for Handling Issues with NAT due to QUIC being a UDP protocol (by john01dav)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2824 
  - Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 
  - Rationalize HTTP/3 stream creation errors (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2821 
  - CANCEL_PUSH edge cases (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2819 
  - Iinvalid Push ID error codes (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2818 
  - Guidance for propogation of errors between H2 and H3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2817 
  - Handling RESET_STREAM and STOP_SENDING with invalid error codes (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2816 
  - H3 has a stale reference to STREAM_ID_ERROR (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2815 
  - Rationalise Server-Push-specific rejection error codes (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2812 
  - Suggest removal of HTTP_WRONG_SETTING_DIRECTION error (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2810 
  - Rationalise HTTP_WRONG_STREAM and HTTP_UNEXPECTD_FRAME (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2809 
  - H3 appendix A.4 GENERAL_PROTOCOL_ERROR (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2807 
  - Rationalize terminology around transport/application interactions (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2805 [-http] [-transport] [design] 
  - describe how a client is supposed to handle multiple tokens (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2801 

  11 issues received 28 new comments:
  - #2824 Proposal for Handling Issues with NAT due to QUIC being a UDP protocol (6 by RyanAtGoogle, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2824 
  - #2812 Rationalise Server-Push-specific rejection error codes (5 by kazuho, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2812 
  - #2818 Invalid Push ID error codes (4 by kazuho, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2818 
  - #2801 describe how a client is supposed to handle multiple tokens (3 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2801 [-transport] 
  - #2810 Rationalise HTTP_WRONG_SETTING_DIRECTION error (3 by kazuho, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2810 
  - #2770 If you want a Stateless Reset you need to send a much larger packet than before (2 by DavidSchinazi, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2770 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2816 Handling RESET_STREAM and STOP_SENDING with invalid error codes (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2816 [-http] [design] 
  - #2339 QPACK: instructions and stream description is suboptimal (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2339 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2823 Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 [-tls] 
  - #2825 Exceeding Max STREAM ID should be a connection error (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2825 [-transport] 
  - #2737 TLS draft still contains a section about the old version negotiation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2737 [-tls] [editorial] 

  6 issues closed:
  - We lost the text recommending replacement of used CIDs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2725 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Where can you send CONNECTION_CLOSE https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2151 [-transport] [design] 
  - TLS draft still contains a section about the old version negotiation https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2737 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Is Retry a new connection or what? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2180 [-transport] [editorial] [proposal-ready] 
  - Error code to be sent when the size of request headers exceed server's limit https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2775 [-http] 
  - Semantics of SETTINGS_MAX_HEADER_LIST_SIZE https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2516 [-http] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+14/-9/💬26)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix title capitalization (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2828 
  - Fix typos (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2827 
  - Make exceeding stream limits a connection error (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2826 [-transport] 
  - Rationalize HTTP/3 stream creation errors (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2822 
  - Refactor Push ID related errors (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2820 
  - Rationalize HTTP_WRONG_SETTING_DIRECTION (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2814 
  - Remove HTTP_PUSH_ALREADY_IN_CACHE error (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2813 
  - Remove SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2811 
  - Compare H2 PROTOCOL_ERROR with HTTP_GENERAL_PROTOCOL_ERROR (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2808 
  - Merge Crypto timeout and PTO (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2806 [-recovery] 
  - Move Retry and Version Negotiation (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2804 
  - remove outdated text about version negotiation (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2803 
  - remove misleading sentence about incompatible QUIC versions and ALPN (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2802 
  - fix description which token to use for Initial packets (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2800 

  9 pull requests received 26 new comments:
  - #2791 Receiver's behavior on key update (12 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2791 [-tls] 
  - #2761 allow PRIORITY frames referring to placeholders exceeding `SETTING_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS` (4 by kazuho, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2761 [-http] 
  - #2803 remove outdated text about version negotiation (3 by DavidSchinazi, rpaulo, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2803 [-tls] 
  - #2727 Clarify the text recommending replacing CIDs when consumed (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2727 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2688 Clarify server CONNECTION_CLOSE with Handshake (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2688 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2820 Refactor Push ID related errors (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2820 [-http] [design] 
  - #2769 Request to Retire Locally Issued CIDs (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2769 [-transport] 
  - #2811 Remove SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2811 
  - #2813 Remove HTTP_PUSH_ALREADY_IN_CACHE error (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2813 [-http] 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Fix verb ownership: a packet does not process packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2799 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - fix description which token to use for Initial packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2800 [-transport] 
  - Clarify the text recommending replacing CIDs when consumed
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2727 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Clarify server CONNECTION_CLOSE with Handshake
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2688 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Move Retry and Version Negotiation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2804 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - remove outdated text about version negotiation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2803 [-tls] 
  - Clients use the same crypto handshake after Retry
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Discuss max-header-list-size from the other side
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2774 [-http] 
  - Fix grammar
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2796 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts