Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-6/💬90)
  6 issues created:
  - Non-ACK-eliciting packets never need to be ACKed (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2931 
  - Lift single-packet ClientHello requirement? (by davidben)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2928 
  - ICID or OCID? (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2926 
  - Remove PRIORITY (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2924 [-http] [design] 
  - MIn_RTT management (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2923 
  - Should server TP encryption be a requirement for the cryptographic handshake? (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2920 

  28 issues received 90 new comments:
  - #2844 Client connection IDs are broken (27 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, Ralith, larseggert, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, igorlord, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2844 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2924 Remove PRIORITY (11 by RyanAtGoogle, martinthomson, rmarx, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2924 [-http] [design] 
  - #2928 Lift single-packet ClientHello requirement? (9 by janaiyengar, mikkelfj, nibanks, martinthomson, davidben, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2928 [-tls] 
  - #2670 Remove ack_delay_exponent TP (7 by janaiyengar, martinthomson, larseggert, huitema, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2670 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (4 by martinthomson, LPardue, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] [design] 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (4 by erickinnear, gorryfair, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2834 Long Header Packets and Routing Connection IDs (3 by igorlord, larseggert, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2834 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2496 QUIC Version Ossification (2 by mnot, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2785 Disallow reuse of stateless reset tokens (2 by martinthomson, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2785 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2792 Timing side-channel on key updates (2 by larseggert, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2792 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2920 Should server TP encryption be a requirement for the cryptographic handshake? (2 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2920 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2593 Persistent congestion interaction with app limited state (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2593 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2084 Discuss requirement that connection IDs not be correlatable (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2084 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2931 Non-ACK-eliciting packets never need to be ACKed (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2931 
  - #2498 Error Code when SETTINGS exceeds maximum (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2498 [-http] [design] 
  - #1860 ACK-only feedback loop in recovery instead of transport (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1860 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2895 Advise bundling a PING or other small ACK eliciting frame with Initials (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2895 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2387 Write up our security target against on-path attack (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2387 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2656 Discarding connection state at server on unvalidated client (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2656 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2789 Use a higher seed RTT for new paths (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2789 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2534 ECN text disables ECN too aggressively (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2534 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2923 MIn_RTT management (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2923 
  - #2163 ECN attacks (1 by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2163 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2170 Embed QUIC version in expansion (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2170 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2555 Define idle period for congestion control (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2555 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2556 Should kPersistentCongestionThreshold be 2 or 3? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2556 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2685 CC state after a change of path? (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2685 [-transport] [design] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Should kPersistentCongestionThreshold be 2 or 3? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2556 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Persistent congestion interaction with app limited state https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2593 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 [-transport] [design] 
  - Error Code when SETTINGS exceeds maximum https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2498 [-http] [design] 
  - Advise bundling a PING or other small ACK eliciting frame with Initials https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2895 [-recovery] [design] 
  - CC state after a change of path? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2685 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-4/💬14)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix typo in transport draft: eliciting (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2930 
  - Minor clarification. Fixes #2084 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2929 
  - Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2927 [-transport] 
  - Add initial threat model appendix (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2925 
  - Remove PRIORITY (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2922 [-http] [design] 
  - Confidentiality for server transport parameters (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2921 [-transport] [design] 
  - MinRTT for the congestion control context (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2919 
  - Fix language around CC on migration (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2918 

  4 pull requests received 14 new comments:
  - #2922 Remove PRIORITY (11 by kazuho, rmarx, janaiyengar, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2922 [-http] [design] 
  - #2893 Remove DoS vector for spoofed connection migration (1 by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2893 [-transport] 
  - #2907 Fix Recovery Pseudocode (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2907 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2925 Add initial threat model appendix (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2925 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Fix typo in transport draft: eliciting
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2930 
  - PTO should always send an ack-eliciting packet
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2912 [-recovery] 
  - Up to two full-sized datagrams, not packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2915 [-recovery] 
  - Clarify resetting congestion control
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2917 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts