Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-6/💬19)
  9 issues created:
  - Separate HTTP/3 stream errors from connection errors. (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2911 
  - PATH_CHALLENGE timer period (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2910 
  - Path Migration makes unjustified assumptions about a new path. (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2909 
  - Why is Min RTT kept for the connection lifetime? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2908 
  - Pseudo-code for SetLossDetectionTimer looks odd (by jlaine)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2906 
  - Tradeoffs with padding (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2905 
  - Small clarification in 12.2 Coalescing Packets (by anrossi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2900 
  - Sample offset incorrect post draft-22 (by mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2899 
  - DCID Len's description should be updated in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22 (by mengguer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2897 

  9 issues received 19 new comments:
  - #2900 Small clarification in 12.2 Coalescing Packets (8 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, mikkelfj, ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2900 [-transport] 
  - #2789 Use a higher seed RTT for new paths (3 by gorryfair, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2789 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2899 Sample offset incorrect post draft-20 (2 by mjoras, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2899 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (1 by tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2890 HTTP/2 in Peer Denial of Service? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2890 [-tls] [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2894 In Initial and Handshake packets, knowing undecryptable packets could accelerate handshakes with loss (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2894 [-transport] 
  - #2895 Advise bundling a PING or other small ACK eliciting frame with Initials (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2895 [-recovery] 
  - #2897 DCID Len's description should be updated in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2897 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2906 Pseudo-code for SetLossDetectionTimer looks odd (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2906 [-recovery] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Sample offset incorrect post draft-20 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2899 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - H3 has a stale reference to STREAM_ID_ERROR https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2815 [-http] 
  - Crypto Retransmission Timeout interacts poorly with Congestion Control https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2886 [-recovery] 
  - Recovery would be simpler if the Handshake timer was unified with the PTO timer https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2650 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Crypto timeout value should include rttvar https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2648 [-recovery] [design] 
  - DCID Len's description should be updated in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2897 [-transport] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-6/💬12)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix Recovery Pseudocode (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2907 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Add one to sample offset for header protection (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2904 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Remove Incorrect Sentence in Coalescing Section (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2903 
  - Fix lack of exponential backoff in pseudocode (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2902 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Fix typo (by tandf)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2901 
  - HTTP Upgrade in H3 is silliness (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898 
  - Move wasteful packet stuff to -transport (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2896 [-tls] [-transport] [editorial] 

  8 pull requests received 12 new comments:
  - #2907 Fix Recovery Pseudocode (4 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2907 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2896 Move wasteful packet stuff to -transport (2 by martinthomson, zz85)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2896 [-tls] [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2881 Explain asymmetric confirmation condition (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2881 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2662 Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME error code (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2662 [-http] [design] 
  - #2893 Remove DoS vector for spoofed connection migration (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2893 
  - #2867 Tighten HEADERS and DATA frame order requirements. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2867 [-http] 
  - #2903 Remove Incorrect Sentence in Coalescing Section (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2903 [-transport] 
  - #2878 Initial secrets do not change after Retry (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2878 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Fix typo
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2901 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Add one to sample offset for header protection
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2904 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Fix HPACK xref
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2865 [-http] 
  - Fix lack of exponential backoff in pseudocode
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2902 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Don't state QUIC error codes in HTTP/3
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2866 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Merge Crypto timeout and PTO
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2806 [-recovery] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts