Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-3/💬40)
  4 issues created:
  - transport: dangling references (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2874 
  - Retransmission Instructions do not include NEW_TOKEN (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2871 
  - Stateless Reset packet sizes should not depend on the maximum connection ID length (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2869 
  - unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 

  12 issues received 40 new comments:
  - #2869 Stateless Reset packet sizes should not depend on the maximum connection ID length (10 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2869 [-transport] 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (6 by kazuho, marten-seemann, nibanks, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2778 CID change still required in response to migration? (6 by kazuho, tatsuhiro-t, larseggert, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2778 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2823 Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (4 by martinthomson, nharper, larseggert, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2153 Increase the odds of a stateless reset? (4 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2153 [-transport] 
  - #2837 Does a Retry really need to change the CID? (3 by DavidSchinazi, larseggert, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2837 [-transport] 
  - #2838 Provide Signal that SCID is client assigned (2 by martinthomson, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2838 [-invariants] [-transport] 
  - #2818 Invalid Push ID error codes (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2818 [-http] 
  - #2789 Use a higher seed RTT for new paths (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2789 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2760 NEW_TOKEN should be symmetric (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2760 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2777 HTTP/3 Cookie Crumbling (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2777 [-http] [design] 
  - #2815 H3 has a stale reference to STREAM_ID_ERROR (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2815 [-http] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Provide Signal that SCID is client assigned https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2838 [-invariants] [-transport] 
  - Invalid Push ID error codes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2818 [-http] 
  - Why would late-arriving packets create state? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2148 [-transport] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-4/💬15)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - grease transport parameters (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2873 
  - move definition of active_connection_id_limit to where it belongs (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2872 
  - Initial secrets change after Retry (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2870 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Add normative reference to RFC7540 8.1.2.5. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2868 
  - Tighten HEADERS and DATA frame order requirements. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2867 
  - Don't state QUIC error codes in HTTP/3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2866 
  - Fix HPACK xref (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2865 
  - Explicitly allow discard of packets <40 bytes (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2864 [-transport] [design] 
  - remove incorrect statement about empty STREAM frames (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2862 

  6 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #2662 Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME error code (8 by kazuho, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2662 [-http] [design] 
  - #2864 Explicitly allow discard of packets <40 bytes (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2864 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2859 Delayed packets can't create state (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2859 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2677 Trigger unhappy (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2677 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2806 Merge Crypto timeout and PTO (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2806 [-recovery] 
  - #2870 Initial secrets change after Retry (1 by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2870 [-tls] [editorial] 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - move definition of active_connection_id_limit to where it belongs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2872 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Delayed packets can't create state
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2859 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Fix grammar
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2860 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - remove incorrect statement about empty STREAM frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2862 [-tls] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts