Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-5/💬38)
  9 issues created:
  - Advise bundling a PING or other small ACK eliciting frame with Initials (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2895 [-recovery] 
  - In Initial and Handshake packets, knowing undecryptable packets could accelerate handshakes with loss (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2894 [-transport] 
  - QPACK Required Insert Count decoding pseudocode does not enforce that encoding is valid (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2892 
  - HTTP/2 in Peer Denial of Service? (by zz85)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2890 
  - HTTP/3 support for status 101(Switching Protocols) (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2889 
  - Crypto Retransmission Timeout interacts poorly with Congestion Control (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2886 
  - Appendix A of quic-tls is wrong (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2885 
  - Inconsistency in STOP_SENDING requirements relative to resetting streams in general (by mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2884 
  - Section 10.4 Stateless Reset grammatical error (by gjnance)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2876 

  15 issues received 38 new comments:
  - #2670 Remove ack_delay_exponent TP (10 by marten-seemann, martinthomson, ianswett, kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2670 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2884 Inconsistency in STOP_SENDING requirements relative to resetting streams in general (6 by mjoras, martinthomson, ianswett, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2884 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2823 Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (3 by DavidSchinazi, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2844 Client connection IDs are broken (3 by DavidSchinazi, Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2844 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2205 Largest acked in ACK frame MUST NOT decrease (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2205 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2869 Stateless Reset packet sizes should not depend on the maximum connection ID length (3 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2869 [-transport] 
  - #2834 Long Header Packets and Routing Connection IDs (2 by mirjak, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2834 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2339 QPACK: instructions and stream description is suboptimal (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2339 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - #2885 Appendix A of quic-tls is wrong (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2885 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2886 Crypto Retransmission Timeout interacts poorly with Congestion Control (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2886 
  - #2892 QPACK Required Insert Count decoding pseudocode does not enforce that encoding is valid (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2892 
  - #2638 max_ack_delay is unknown when a new connection is established (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2638 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2541 Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2550 Apply GREASE to transport parameters (1 by mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2550 [-transport] [design] 

  5 issues closed:
  - max_ack_delay is unknown when a new connection is established https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2638 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - QPACK: instructions and stream description is suboptimal https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2339 [-qpack] [editorial] 
  - More Connection ID Space https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2736 [-invariants] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Section 10.4 Stateless Reset grammatical error https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2876 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - transport: dangling references https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2874 [-transport] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-5/💬31)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove DoS vector for spoofed connection migration (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2893 
  - qpack: fix reference to blocked-streams section (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2891 
  - Firm up language around stream termination (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2888 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Get test vectors in place for -23 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2887 [-tls] [design] 
  - fixed typo (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2883 
  - Remove spin coordination requirement (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2882 [-transport] [design] 
  - Explain asymmetric confirmation condition (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2881 [-transport] [design] 
  - Articulate error code principles (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2880 [-transport] [design] 
  - Add note about stale ACK frames breaking ECN (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2879 
  - Initial secrets do not change after Retry (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2878 [-tls] 
  - Editorial fix for #2479 (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2877 

  8 pull requests received 31 new comments:
  - #2881 Explain asymmetric confirmation condition (14 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2881 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2880 Articulate error code principles (8 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2880 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2878 Initial secrets do not change after Retry (4 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2878 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2873 grease transport parameters (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2873 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2877 Editorial fix for #2479 (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2877 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2882 Remove spin coordination requirement (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2882 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2887 Get test vectors in place for -23 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2887 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2851 Allow connections to share a port by adding restrictions on zero-length connection IDs (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2851 [-transport] 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - qpack: fix reference to blocked-streams section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2891 
  - fixed typo
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2883 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Editorial fix for #2479
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2877 [-invariants] [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Allow longer CIDs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2749 [-invariants] [-transport] [design] 
  - Change log for -21
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2875 [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts