Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-6/💬14)
  4 issues created:
  - The QUIC bit in stateless resets (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3008 
  - Unclear how short header packets should be matched to connections (by nanokatze)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3006 
  - Some questions about Packet Number Encoding And Decoding (by Ainiroad)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3002 
  - There is no STOP_WATING frame in IETF quic (by Ainiroad)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3001 

  6 issues received 14 new comments:
  - #3006 Unclear how short header packets should be matched to connections (4 by martinthomson, nanokatze, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3006 [invalid] 
  - #3002 Some questions about Packet Number Encoding And Decoding (3 by martinthomson, Ainiroad)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3002 [invalid] 
  - #3008 The QUIC bit in stateless resets (2 by marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3008 [-transport] 
  - #3001 There is no STOP_WATING frame in IETF quic (2 by Ainiroad, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3001 
  - #2171 ChaCha inputs (2 by martinthomson, nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2171 [-tls] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2999 QPACK decoder stream buffer grows without bounds (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2999 [-qpack] 

  6 issues closed:
  - http3: Are reserved and non-core frames allowed before SETTINGS? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2693 [-http] [editorial] 
  - http3: frame table should include reserved frame types https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2692 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Unclear how short header packets should be matched to connections https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3006 
  - Pseudo-code for SetLossDetectionTimer looks odd https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2906 [-recovery] 
  - Some questions about Packet Number Encoding And Decoding https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3002 
  - There is no STOP_WATING frame in IETF quic https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3001 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-2/💬26)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Cache git repo, draft references in Circle (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3009 
  - Attempt to make the stateless reset text better (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3007 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Add Security Considerations for SRT collision attack (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3005 
  - Security Considerations text for a memory limit (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3004 
  - rename HTTP_UNEXPECTED_FRAME to HTTP_FRAME_UNEXPECTED and fold HTTP_W… (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3003 

  9 pull requests received 26 new comments:
  - #2993 Perform stateless reset token comparisons in constant time (8 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3005 Add Security Considerations for SRT hash collision attack (5 by kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3005 
  - #2927 Allow Smaller Stateless Resets (4 by martinthomson, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2927 [-transport] 
  - #2996 Collapse frame errors into HTTP_FRAME_ERROR (4 by kazuho, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2996 
  - #2977 forbid empty NEW_TOKEN frames (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2977 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2947 Describe interaction between QUIC and TLS regarding saved 0-RTT state (1 by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2947 [-tls] 
  - #2907 Fix Recovery Pseudocode (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2907 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2870 Initial secrets change after Retry (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2870 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #3007 Attempt to make the stateless reset text better (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3007 [-transport] [editorial] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Reserved frame types and the other reserved frame types
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997 [-http] [design] 
  - Fix Recovery Pseudocode
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2907 [-recovery] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts