Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-4/💬69)
  7 issues created:
  - Lost client Initial is never retransmitted (by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3056 
  - Label for key updates (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3054 [-tls] 
  - Padding requirement seems to be incorrect. (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3053 
  - Handling of Retire Prior To field (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3046 
  - kMaxDatagramSize should use the maximum packet size of the connection (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3041 [-recovery] [design] 
  - TLS Early Data is impossible (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3039 
  - Require peers to check if RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID sequence number is valid (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3037 [-transport] 

  14 issues received 69 new comments:
  - #3037 Require peers to check if RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID sequence number is valid (17 by kazuho, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, nibanks, erickinnear, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3037 [-transport] 
  - #3014 Handling of corrupt Retry packets (9 by kazuho, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, nibanks, ianswett, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3014 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3046 Handling of Retire Prior To field (9 by erickinnear, martinthomson, ianswett, kazuho, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3046 [-transport] 
  - #3032 Detectable Stateless Resets (6 by DavidSchinazi, janaiyengar, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3032 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (5 by afrind, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] [design] 
  - #3053 Padding requirement seems to be incorrect. (5 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, mikkelfj, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3053 [-transport] 
  - #3020 Transport parameter registry is too constraining for innovation (4 by DavidSchinazi, alagoutte, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3020 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3056 Lost client Initial is never retransmitted (4 by Ralith, tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3056 
  - #3054 Label for key updates (3 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3054 [-tls] 
  - #3030 Remove Requirement of an Acknowledgement per Round Trip (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3030 [-transport] 
  - #3041 kMaxDatagramSize should use the maximum packet size of the connection (2 by ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3041 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2604 Pseudocode fix: Data should be sent on loss-threshold timer (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2604 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #3027 Codes for frame encoding errors (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3027 [-transport] 
  - #3029 Packet header fields cannot be omitted (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3029 [-transport] [editorial] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Packet header fields cannot be omitted https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3029 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Increase the odds of a stateless reset? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2153 [-transport] [has-consensus] 
  - ChaCha inputs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2171 [-tls] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Empty NEW_TOKEN https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2978 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+14/-6/💬30)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove 1 RTT delayed ack requirement (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3055 [-transport] 
  - Fix typo (by junhochoi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3052 
  - Clients send datagrams with 1200 byte payloads (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3051 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Rewrite key update section (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3050 [-tls] [design] 
  - Retransmitting an ACK frame warning (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3049 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Retransmitting ACK frames can inflate RTT (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3048 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Send after receiving an ACK (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3047 [-recovery] 
  - Allow ClientHello to span multiple QUIC packets (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3045 
  - Clarify why post-handshake client auth is banned (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3044 
  - TLS application data isn't possible (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3043 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - use the FRAME_ENCONDING_ERROR for errors in frame encoding (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3042 
  - Removes unnecessary sentence about coalesced packets (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3040 
  - Add PR 3007 to transport-23 changelog (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3038 
  - require peers to check if RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID sequence number is valid (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3036 

  12 pull requests received 30 new comments:
  - #3045 Allow ClientHello to span multiple QUIC packets (8 by kazuho, nibanks, dtikhonov, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3045 [-tls] 
  - #3047 Send after receiving an ACK (5 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3047 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #3048 Retransmitting ACK frames can inflate RTT (3 by ianswett, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3048 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #3051 Clients send datagrams with 1200 byte payloads (3 by kazuho, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3051 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3031 Reference "Nonces are Noticed" in the header protection analysis section (2 by martinthomson, chris-wood)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3031 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #3033 Suggest sending empty CRYPTO frames in Initial/Handshake packets (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3033 
  - #3050 Rewrite key update section (2 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3050 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2925 Add initial threat model appendix (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2925 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2968 Stateless reset too (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2977 forbid empty NEW_TOKEN frames (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2977 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3036 require peers to check if RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID sequence number is valid (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3036 [-transport] 
  - #3038 Add PR 3007 to transport-23 changelog (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3038 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Fix typo
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3052 
  - Reference "Nonces are Noticed" in the header protection analysis section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3031 
  - TLS application data isn't possible
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3043 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Add PR 3007 to transport-23 changelog
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3038 
  - Removes unnecessary sentence about coalesced packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3040 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - forbid empty NEW_TOKEN frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2977 [-transport] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts