Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-3/💬81)
  8 issues created:
  - Mysterious 1 vs 2 packet distinction in recovery pseudocode (by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3070 
  - ACK-eliciting vs ack-eliciting (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3068 
  - 0RTT or 0.5RTT data extends the PTO before handshake completion (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3067 [-recovery] 
  - Help me fix this problem  (by gitup10)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3065 
  - http: Allow unquoted tokens in Alt-Svc quic parameter (by Lekensteyn)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3063 
  - Disconnect version number from draft number (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3062 
  - Unclear what to do when QUIC Version Hints are missing (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3061 
  - Clearer description of detecting spurious retransmission (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3058 [-recovery] 

  19 issues received 81 new comments:
  - #3014 Handling of corrupt Retry packets (23 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, ianswett, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, nibanks, RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3014 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3061 Unclear what to do when QUIC Version Hints are missing (8 by RyanAtGoogle, kazuho, Lekensteyn, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3061 
  - #3062 Disconnect version number from draft number (7 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3062 
  - #3063 http: Allow unquoted tokens in Alt-Svc quic parameter (7 by tatsuhiro-t, mikkelfj, bagder, DavidSchinazi, RyanAtGoogle, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3063 [-http] 
  - #3065 Help me fix this problem  (5 by MikeBishop, gitup10, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3065 
  - #3013 QUIC versions can no longer be greased (4 by kazuho, mnot, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3013 [-transport] 
  - #3020 Transport parameter registry is too constraining for innovation (4 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3020 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2911 Separate HTTP/3 stream errors from connection errors. (4 by DaanDeMeyer, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2911 [-http] [design] 
  - #3053 Padding requirement seems to be incorrect. (4 by kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3053 [-transport] 
  - #3034 Allow PING in Initial/Handshake? (3 by martinthomson, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3034 [-tls] [-transport] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (2 by erickinnear, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3027 Codes for frame encoding errors (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3027 [-transport] 
  - #3056 Lost client Initial is never retransmitted (2 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3056 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2823 Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2598 Explain extraordinary conditions that lead to sending a Handshake packet (1 by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2598 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3028 Requiring per application data in session ticket seems wrong (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3028 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3054 Label for key updates (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3054 [-tls] 
  - #3058 Clearer description of detecting spurious retransmissions (1 by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3058 [-recovery] 
  - #3070 Mysterious 1 vs 2 packet distinction in recovery pseudocode (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3070 [-recovery] [editorial] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Help me fix this problem  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3065 
  - Detectable Stateless Resets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3032 
  - TLS Early Data is impossible https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3039 [-tls] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-1/💬15)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - ack-eliciting not ACK-eliciting (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3069 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Change PTO to be per packet number space (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3066 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Add details on how spurious losses may be detected (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Clarify how servers enable 0-RTT (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3060 
  - http: syntax fixes for quic Alt-Svc parameter (by Lekensteyn)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3059 
  - MUST send new data or retransmit data if possible (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3057 [-recovery] 

  6 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #3059 http: syntax fixes for quic Alt-Svc parameter (5 by RyanAtGoogle, Lekensteyn, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3059 
  - #3057 PTO MUST send new data or retransmit data if possible (4 by Ralith, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3057 [-recovery] 
  - #3064 Add details on how spurious losses may be detected (2 by Ralith, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #3069 ack-eliciting not ACK-eliciting (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3069 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2925 Add initial threat model to security considerations (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2925 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3066 Change PTO to be per packet number space (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3066 [-recovery] [design] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify how servers enable 0-RTT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3060 [-tls] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts