Subject: Weekly github digest ( Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 02:32:08 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-4/💬58)
  9 issues created:
  - 3.1.3 loss epoch (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3210 
  - max_datagram_size being a variable means other constants become variables (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3205 [-recovery] 
  - Definition of "active connection ID" is misleading (or the name is) (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3200 
  - ChaCha20 header protection sample (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3199 [-tls] 
  - HTTP/3 is lacking priorities (by RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3198 
  - active_connection_id_limit defaults to 0 (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3197 [-transport] 
  - conflicting advice how to handle Retire Prior To (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3195 
  - reordered NEW_CONNECTION_ID frames with retired sequence numbers shouldn't be used (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3194 
  - active_connection_id_limit interacts poorly with Retire Prior To (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3193 

  16 issues received 58 new comments:
  - #3205 max_datagram_size being a variable means other constants become variables (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3205 [-recovery] 
  - #3200 Definition of "active connection ID" is misleading (or the name is) (4 by kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3200 [-transport] 
  - #3199 ChaCha20 header protection sample (4 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3199 [-tls] 
  - #3198 HTTP/3 is lacking priorities (3 by LPardue, RyanAtGoogle, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3198 [-http] 
  - #3197 active_connection_id_limit defaults to 0 (3 by kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3197 [-transport] 
  - #3195 conflicting advice how to handle Retire Prior To (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3195 
  - #3194 reordered NEW_CONNECTION_ID frames with retired sequence numbers shouldn't be used (2 by erickinnear, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3194 
  - #3193 active_connection_id_limit interacts poorly with Retire Prior To (17 by MikeBishop, erickinnear, ianswett, kazuho, marten-seemann, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3193 
  - #3189 QUIC lacks on-path exposure of packet loss (10 by britram, ferrieux, igorlord, janaiyengar, jesusmamartin, mikkelfj, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3189 [-transport] 
  - #3176 Maximum packet size should be per 4-tuple (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3176 [-transport] 
  - #3161 Simplify the client's PTO code by allowing the server to send a PING (2 by ianswett, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3161 [-recovery] [-transport] 
  - #3159 Server should not accept 1-RTT traffic before handshake completion (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3159 [-tls] [design] 
  - #3158 Application close should be disallowed in Initial or Handshake (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3158 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3155 The method of identifying "the same server" (3 by kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3155 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] 
  - #253 HTTP/QUIC without Alt-Svc? (4 by LPardue, MikeBishop, fbifido)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/253 [-http] [design] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Require peers to check if RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID sequence number is valid https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3037 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] 
  - Probe packet section needs to suggest a crypto context https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3074 [-recovery] [design] 
  - 0RTT or 0.5RTT data extends the PTO before handshake completion https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3067 [-recovery] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-4/💬28)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - PING in all contexts (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3209 
  - Recommend H3_NO_ERROR for early responses (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3208 [-http] 
  - Resolve conflicting advice on how to handle Retire Prior To (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3204 
  - Add Retry CID change requirement to transport changelog (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203 
  - handle reordered NEW_CONNECTION_ID frames (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3202 
  - enforce the active_connection_id_limit (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3201 
  - Add ClientHello changes to transport changelog since -23 (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3191 

  7 pull requests received 28 new comments:
  - #3202 handle reordered NEW_CONNECTION_ID frames (9 by MikeBishop, erickinnear, ianswett, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3202 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3201 enforce the active_connection_id_limit (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3201 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3188 Correct overflow checks on packet number decoding algorithm (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3188 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3186 allow CRYPTO_BUFFER_EXCEEDED when overflowing a CRYPTO frame (12 by ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3186 [-transport] 
  - #3185 Recovery changelog for -24 (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3185 [-recovery] 
  - #3170 Allow provisional registrations for all registries (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3170 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3131 Improve language on blocking entries. (3 by MikeBishop, afrind, bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3131 [-qpack] 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - require peers to check if RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID sequence number is valid
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3036 [-transport] [design] 
  - Fix bug in Insert Count Increment description.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132 [-qpack] 
  - Change PTO to be per packet number space
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3066 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Correct overflow checks on packet number decoding algorithm
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3188 [-transport] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts