Subject: Weekly github digest ( Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 02:31:29 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+15/-2/💬56)
  15 issues created:
  - HTTP/3 references QUIC Stream IDs directly, allowing illegal references (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3273 
  - pto_count should be reset when dropping a packet number space (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3272 
  - Retry packet with zero-length token doesn't make sense (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3271 
  - CONNECTION_CLOSE for unpadded Initial (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3269 
  - Prevent a connection from idle timing out while blocked (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3268 [-transport] 
  - Add capability for sending HTTP metadata (trailer fields) in mid-stream (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3265 
  - Reduce HTTP/3 editorial dependence on HTTP/2 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3264 
  - Justify or reconcile deviation from TCP kMinimumWindow value (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3261 
  - Justify or reconcile deviation from TCP TLP timeout calculation (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3260 
  - Safety issue during incipient persistent congestion episode (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3259 
  - Allow CRYPTO_BUFFER_EXCEEEDED error when CRYPTO frame goes beyond 2^62 bytes (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3258 
  - Disabling Spin bit for what percentage of connections? (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3257 
  - Packet reordering thresholds less than 3 are not sufficiently reordering tolerant (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3256 [-recovery] 
  - Clarify padding of INITIAL packets (by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3255 
  - Contradictory language regarding multiplexing connections with zero-length IDs (by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3254 

  24 issues received 56 new comments:
  - #3272 pto_count should be reset when dropping a packet number space (2 by ianswett, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3272 
  - #3268 Prevent a connection from idle timing out while blocked (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3268 [-transport] 
  - #3264 Reduce HTTP/3 editorial dependence on HTTP/2 (2 by MikeBishop, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3264 [-http] 
  - #3258 Allow CRYPTO_BUFFER_EXCEEEDED error when CRYPTO frame goes beyond 2^62 bytes (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3258 [-transport] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3257 Disabling Spin bit for what percentage of connections? (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3257 
  - #3256 Packet reordering thresholds less than 3 are not sufficiently reordering tolerant (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3256 [-recovery] 
  - #3255 Clarify padding of INITIAL packets (8 by RyanAtGoogle, ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho, martinthomson, rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3255 
  - #3245 Make RFC 6928 normative (7 by gorryfair, huitema, ianswett, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3245 [-recovery] 
  - #3244 Can we make a normative ref to  RFC8085? (8 by gorryfair, ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3244 [-recovery] 
  - #3243 Add caution when using IW10 and fragmentation  (4 by ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson, pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3243 [-transport] 
  - #3205 max_datagram_size being a variable means other constants become variables (4 by gorryfair, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3205 [-recovery] 
  - #3197 active_connection_id_limit defaults to 0 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3197 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3193 active_connection_id_limit interacts poorly with Retire Prior To (2 by erickinnear, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3193 
  - #3189 QUIC lacks on-path exposure of packet loss (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3189 [-transport] 
  - #3159 Server should not accept 1-RTT traffic before handshake completion (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3159 [-tls] [design] 
  - #3111 [Version Ossification] Alternative version and Initial Salt should be part of NEW_TOKEN (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3111 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3102 Add provisional registration for all registries (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3102 [-http] [-transport] 
  - #3094 congestion window increase on every ACKed packet could result in bursty sends (3 by gorryfair, ianswett, pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3094 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3014 Handling of corrupt Retry packets (2 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3014 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2792 Timing side-channel on key updates (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2792 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2744 Idle Timer Can Fire Even with Outstanding Data to Send (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2744 [-transport] 
  - #2496 QUIC Version Ossification (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1978 Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio (1 by c-taylor)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [parked] [quicv2] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Prevent a connection from idle timing out while blocked https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3268 [-transport] 
  - QUIC lacks on-path exposure of packet loss https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3189 [-transport] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-0/💬12)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Disabling Spin bit for what percentage of connections? (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3270 
  - TLS: fix references to registries (by Lekensteyn)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3267 
  - Prevent Idle Timeout while Blocked (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266 
  - Key generation for updates MAY be deferred (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3263 [-tls] [design] 

  7 pull requests received 12 new comments:
  - #3266 Prevent Idle Timeout while Blocked (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266 [-transport] 
  - #3248 Fix congestion control permissiveness (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3248 [-recovery] 
  - #3232 Limit CWND increase in slow start (2 by goelvidhi, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3232 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3186 allow CRYPTO_BUFFER_EXCEEDED when overflowing a CRYPTO frame (2 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3186 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3145 use a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame to drive the handshake to confirmation (1 by RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3145 [-tls] [-transport] 
  - #3120 Add retry integrity tag (4 by DavidSchinazi, ekr, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3120 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #3099 Change idle_timeout to max_idle_timeout (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3099 [-transport] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts