Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-01.txt

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:41:16 -0800

At mnot's suggestion, I submitted draft-00 as an exact copy of the last
individual draft. draft-01 (below) strips out the in-band protocol, by
popular demand.

To my knowledge the intended repo for the next wave of WG drafts is not yet
operative. However, if you are fired up to file an issue or PR you can do
so at my personal repo. I promise I won't lose it.

https://github.com/martinduke/draft-duke-quic-load-balancers

I'll be in Zurich if you would like to discuss. I would like to get an
interop/hackathon effort going in Vancouver, but would very much like
someone to take the lead on it.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 8:30 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-01.txt
To: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>, Martin Duke <[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Martin Duke and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers
Revision:       01
Title:          QUIC-LB: Generating Routable QUIC Connection IDs
Document date:  2020-01-29
Group:          quic
Pages:          24
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-01

Abstract:
   QUIC connection IDs allow continuation of connections across address/
   port 4-tuple changes, and can store routing information for stateless
   or low-state load balancers.  They also can prevent linkability of
   connections across deliberate address migration through the use of
   protected communications between client and server.  This creates
   issues for load-balancing intermediaries.  This specification
   standardizes methods for encoding routing information given a small
   set of configuration parameters.  This framework also enables offload
   of other QUIC functions to trusted intermediaries, given the explicit
   cooperation of the QUIC server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:43:59 -0500

> someone to take the lead on it.

What do you think an LB interop/hackathon would look like?

  - Dmitri.

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:49:54 -0800

What I have in mind is something like QPACK interop - given a set of
parameters, implementers generate a series of CIDs and other teams try to
successfully extract the server id. But I'm certainly open to other ideas.