Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 02:32:19 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-10/💬46)
  9 issues created:
  - Retry integrity protection should not add new requirements to TLS API (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3366 
  - max_ack_delay should be in us, not ms (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3363 [-transport] 
  - Only send one immediate ACK after reordering (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3357 [-transport] 
  - Description of the use of Preferred Address is unclear (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3353 
  - Ignoring ACK delay can result in wrong RTT calculations (by kixelated)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3350 
  - Which DCID do Handshake retransmissions use? (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3348 
  - Define how an "out of order" packet is detected (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3347 
  - Remove mention of round-trip time in HTTP/3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3346 
  - Clarify what "prohibited header fields" are (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3345 

  11 issues received 46 new comments:
  - #3357 Only send one immediate ACK after reordering (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3357 [-transport] 
  - #3353 Description of the use of Preferred Address is unclear (5 by MikeBishop, ianswett, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3353 [-transport] 
  - #3350 Ignoring ACK delay can result in wrong RTT calculations (5 by ianswett, janaiyengar, kixelated)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3350 [-recovery] 
  - #3348 Which DCID do Handshake retransmissions use? (20 by DavidSchinazi, MikeBishop, ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson, nibanks, tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3348 [-transport] 
  - #3346 Remove mention of round-trip time in HTTP/3 (3 by MikeBishop, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3346 
  - #3345 Clarify the definition of things that make messages malformed (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3345 [-http] 
  - #3340 Anti-amplification limits should count junk too (3 by ianswett, kazuho, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3340 [-transport] 
  - #3333 Padding outside QUIC packet (3 by agrover, ekr, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3333 [-transport] 
  - #3325 Grease HTTP/3 error codes (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3325 [-http] 
  - #3300 Forwarding upstream errors, and the implications (2 by MikeBishop, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3300 [-http] 
  - #3094 congestion window increase on every ACKed packet could result in bursty sends (2 by martinthomson, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3094 [-recovery] [design] [proposal-ready] 

  10 issues closed:
  - It is unspecified how a server sends Handshake packets during / after migration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3142 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Client storage of tokens should be independent of other stored state https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3152 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Add caution when using IW10 and fragmentation  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3243 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Make RFC 6928 normative https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3245 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Can we make a normative ref to  RFC8085? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3244 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - I am concerned the congestion control text is too permissive. https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3247 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Encrypting Retry token https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3274 [-tls] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Handling of corrupt Retry packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3014 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Forwarding upstream errors, and the implications https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3300 [-http] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-7/💬10)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove hole left in error codes from early response removal. (by scalablecory)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3367 
  - for Retry integrity protection, use values that can be derived from AEAD API (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3365 
  - Change max_ack_delay to microseconds (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3364 [-transport] 
  - Ack delays are adjusted by ack_delay_exponent (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3362 [-recovery] 
  - Only send one immediate ACK (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3361 [-transport] 
  - Better describe the use of Preferred Address (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3354 
  - Clarify and split the "malformed" definition (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3352 [-http] 
  - Specify pacing to allow decoupling from congestion window increase (by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3351 
  - Clarify section on negotiating connection IDs (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3349 

  6 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #3354 Better describe the use of Preferred Address (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3354 [-transport] 
  - #3352 Clarify and split the "malformed" definition (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3352 [-http] 
  - #3351 Specify pacing to allow decoupling from congestion window increase (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3351 [-recovery] 
  - #3337 Add note that middleboxes might change datagram boundaries (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3337 [-transport] 
  - #3336 Limit fallout of on-stream badness (3 by MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3336 [-http] 
  - #3120 Add retry integrity tag (3 by huitema, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3120 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - use a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame to drive the handshake to confirmation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3145 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify the state a client stores with a token
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3150 [-transport] 
  - Prohibit IP fragmentation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3280 [-transport] [design] 
  - Keep RFC6928 informative
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3287 [-recovery] 
  - Fix congestion control permissiveness
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3248 [-recovery] 
  - Add retry integrity tag
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3120 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - GOAWAY means no more
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3338 [-http] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts