Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-huitema-quic-1wd-00.txt

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 12:17:05 -1000

Just posted this draft defining a timestamp option in ACK. It enables 1
way delay measurements, which are quite useful if you are running time
based congestion algorithms (e.g. LEDBAT) or bandwidth measurement based
algorithms (e.g. BBR). It is implemented in Picoquic.

-- Christian Huitema

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-huitema-quic-1wd-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 03 Jan 2020 14:11:10 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-huitema-quic-1wd-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christian Huitema and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-huitema-quic-1wd
Revision: 00
Title: Quic ACK Timestamps For Measuring One-Way Delays
Document date: 2020-01-03
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 7
URL: https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-quic-1wd-00.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-quic-1wd/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-quic-1wd-00
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-huitema-quic-1wd

Abstract:
The QUIC extension for one way delay mesurements adds a single
timestamp to the ACK frame. The timestamp is set to the number of
microseconds from the beginning of the connection to the time at
which the ACK frame is sent. The draft defines the
"enable_one_way_delay" transport parameter for negotiating the
extension, and two new frame types for timestamped ACK with or
without ECN counts.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat