Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:58:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : QUIC-LB: Generating Routable QUIC Connection IDs
        Authors         : Martin Duke
                          Nick Banks
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2020-01-28

Abstract:
   QUIC connection IDs allow continuation of connections across address/
   port 4-tuple changes, and can store routing information for stateless
   or low-state load balancers.  They also can prevent linkability of
   connections across deliberate address migration through the use of
   protected communications between client and server.  This creates
   issues for load-balancing intermediaries.  This specification
   standardizes methods for encoding routing information and proposes an
   optional protocol called QUIC-LB to exchange the parameters of that
   encoding.  This framework also enables offload of other QUIC
   functions to trusted intermediaries, given the explicit cooperation
   of the QUIC server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:56:44 +0000

Hi all, hi Martin,

This is now a working group document. I thought the plan was to move the protocol part of this proposal to a separate draft. Is that still the plan?

Mirja

On 28.01.20, 20:59, "QUIC on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Abstract:

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 13:17:51 +0000

Hi,
(as AD)

This document should not have been posted as a WG document yet. The intention
was to complete the re-chartering and then adopt documents in a controlled
fashion. It was submitted but not approved to be posted by any of the chairs. We
think it got posted due to the datatracker server outage recovery work. 

Cheers

Magnus

On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 08:56 +0000, Mirja Kuehlewind wrote:
> Hi all, hi Martin,
> 
> This is now a working group document. I thought the plan was to move the
> protocol part of this proposal to a separate draft. Is that still the plan?
> 
> Mirja
> 
> 
> 
> On 28.01.20, 20:59, "QUIC on behalf of [email-masked]" <
> [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>     
-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:45:40 -0800

Hi Magnus,

An email from the chairs made me believe the adoption process was already
complete. I may have misinterpreted it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am happy to proceed however you see fit.

Martin

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 17:42:03 +0000

Hi Martin,

yes I think there was a tooling issue. Thanks for submitting the -01 without the protocol part anyway. I think we can easily sort this out next week. No worries!

Mirja

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 29. January 2020 at 17:46
To: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-00.txt

Hi Magnus,

An email from the chairs made me believe the adoption process was already complete. I may have misinterpreted it.

Martin

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 5:17 AM Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi,
(as AD)

Cheers

Magnus

On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 08:56 +0000, Mirja Kuehlewind wrote:
> On 28.01.20, 20:59, "QUIC on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <
> [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org<http://tools.ietf.org>.
>
--
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>