Subject: DRAFT minutes for the Zurich interim

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 23:03:31 +0000

... are available at:
https://github.com/quicwg/wg-materials/blob/master/interim-20-02/minutes.md

As always, corrections appreciated, either as Pull Requests or e-mail.

Thanks again to our scribes and hosts.

Lucas

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 09:19:45 +0000

> Thanks again to our scribes and hosts.

Thanks - remote participation  was a 'tad /challenging/, so these notes 
are very welcome!

When the Interim discussed the ACK generation recommendation, Issue #3304

I know we discussed one proposed extension (in this issue):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iyengar-quic-delayed-ack/

I don't think I heard any discussion of a possible different 
recommendation for a default (noted in the same issue):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling/

As I said in the issue, I see these as two parts of the same discussion 
- the WG could go forward with both a more suitable default and a way to 
make this extensible.

So I'm rather disappointed that there seems to be proposal to "close 
with no action" based on the first, can we please think carefully about 
the base spec recommendation also?

Should we propose text as an "ediitorial issue" ?  We'd be happy to 
follow-up with data and/or text initially based on some sentences from 
draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling.

Gorry