Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 02:32:28 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-7/💬29)
  4 issues created:
  - Is ACK delay zero for Initial and Handshake ACK frames? (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3459 
  - Clarify when it is ok to ignore packet loss (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3456 [-recovery] 
  - Should we allow ACK-only packets to be declared lost? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3451 [-recovery] 
  - max_packet_size in 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3447 [-transport] 

  10 issues received 29 new comments:
  - #3459 Is ACK delay zero for Initial and Handshake ACK frames? (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3459 
  - #3451 Should we allow ACK-only packets to be declared lost? (14 by huitema, ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3451 [-recovery] 
  - #3447 max_packet_size in 0-RTT (2 by ianswett, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3447 [-transport] 
  - #3446 Allow application CONNECTION_CLOSE everywhere (3 by kazuho, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3446 [-tls] [-transport] 
  - #3435 Allow CONNECTION_CLOSE in 0-RTT (3 by huitema, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3435 [-transport] 
  - #3434 Remembering transport parameters (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3434 [-transport] 
  - #3348 Which DCID do Handshake retransmissions use? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3348 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3294 Make transport parameter ID and length varint (2 by MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3294 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2125 Document what needs to be checked for address validation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2125 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #253 HTTP/QUIC without Alt-Svc? (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/253 [-http] [design] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Allow use of token after client address changes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3307 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Immediate close without state https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3297 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - CONNECTION_CLOSE for unpadded Initial https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3269 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Which DCID do Handshake retransmissions use? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3348 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify the definition of things that make messages malformed https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3345 [-http] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Why are there two ways of associating push with requests? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3275 [-http] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Recouple QUIC version and ALPN https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3117 [-http] [design] [has-consensus] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-5/💬9)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Make congestion control more self-contained (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3463 
  - Fix the section reference (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3460 
  - Revert "Remove "Ignoring Loss of Undecryptable Packets"" (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3457 
  - Add handling of all packets marked as CE (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3455 
  - In an unlikely event of emergency.... set ECN marks (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3454 
  - ACK-only packets are not congestion controlled (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3453 
  - Restore "Ignoring Loss of Undecryptable Packets" (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3450 [-recovery] 
  - Revert "Remove "Ignoring Loss of Undecryptable Packets"" (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3449 

  5 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #3453 ACK-only packets are not congestion controlled (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3453 
  - #3449 Revert "Remove "Ignoring Loss of Undecryptable Packets"" (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3449 
  - #3443 MAY send 1 packet entering recovery (5 by ianswett, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3443 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3440 Allow CONNECTION_CLOSE in 0-RTT (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3440 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #3327 What needs to be checked for address validation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3327 [-transport] 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Allow use of token after client address change
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3308 [-transport] [design] 
  - Define stateless CONNECTION_CLOSE
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3292 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify and split the "malformed" definition
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3352 [-http] [design] 
  - Remove DUPLICATE_PUSH and allow duplicate PUSH_PROMISE
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3309 [-http] [design] 
  - Require QUICv1 for HTTP/3
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3323 [-http] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts