Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 02:32:32 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-2/💬92)
  11 issues created:
  - Authenticating connection IDs (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3439 [-transport] 
  - CONNECTION_CLOSE should be allowed in 0-RTT (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3436 
  - Allow CONNECTION_CLOSE in 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3435 [-transport] 
  - Remembering transport parameters (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3434 [-transport] 
  - It is unclear if some frames are forbidden in 0-RTT (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3430 
  - A fixed transport parameter profile is legitimate (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3429 [-transport] 
  - H3 guidance on CONNECTION_CLOSE does make clear if the type is 0x1c or 0x1d (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3428 [-http] 
  - active_connection_id_limit description is unclear about whose connection ID might be zero length (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3427 
  - active_connection_id_limit is unknown for 0-RTT (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3423 
  - Forced connection ID retirement (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3420 [-transport] 
  - Order transport parameters (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3418 

  32 issues received 92 new comments:
  - #3439 Authenticating connection IDs (1 by ad-l)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3439 [-transport] 
  - #3436 CONNECTION_CLOSE should be allowed in 0-RTT (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3436 
  - #3435 Allow CONNECTION_CLOSE in 0-RTT (3 by MikeBishop, ianswett, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3435 [-transport] 
  - #3430 It is unclear if some frames are forbidden in 0-RTT (6 by MikeBishop, ekr, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3430 [-transport] 
  - #3429 A fixed transport parameter profile is legitimate (8 by dtikhonov, ekr, ianswett, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson, nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3429 [-transport] 
  - #3423 active_connection_id_limit is unknown for 0-RTT (6 by MikeBishop, larseggert, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3423 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3420 Forced connection ID retirement (5 by MikeBishop, erickinnear, kazuho, larseggert, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3420 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3418 Order transport parameters (4 by huitema, kazuho, larseggert, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3418 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3413 Does the amplification limit apply to PTO packets? (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3413 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3408 Is absence of both :authority and Host an error? (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3408 [-http] [design] 
  - #3373 More strongly recommend ECN marking (4 by huitema, larseggert, martinthomson, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3373 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3363 max_ack_delay should be in us, not ms (2 by ianswett, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3363 [-transport] 
  - #3353 Description of the use of Preferred Address is unclear (5 by MikeBishop, huitema, kazuho, larseggert, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3353 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3350 Ignoring ACK delay can result in wrong RTT calculations (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3350 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3348 Which DCID do Handshake retransmissions use? (5 by huitema, ianswett, kazuho, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3348 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3340 Anti-amplification limits should count junk too (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3340 [-transport] 
  - #3335 Immediate retransmission upon loss detection (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3335 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3333 Padding outside QUIC packet (6 by ekr, huitema, igorlord, larseggert, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3333 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3332 Composability of QUIC Extensions (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3332 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3304 ACK generation recommendation (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3304 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3294 Make transport parameter ID and length varint (5 by DavidSchinazi, LPardue, britram, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3294 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3272 pto_count should be reset when dropping a packet number space (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3272 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3259 Safety issue during incipient persistent congestion episode (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3259 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3216 Flow Control Tuning (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3216 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3215 Timer interval for retire the connection IDs (4 by MikeBishop, kazuho, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3215 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3161 Simplify the client's PTO code by allowing the server to send a PING (3 by ianswett, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3161 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #3126 TIMEOUT CONNECTION_CLOSE error (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3126 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3094 congestion window increase on every ACKed packet could result in bursty sends (5 by goelvidhi, janaiyengar, larseggert, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3094 [-recovery] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3078 Lost Server Initial Takes Too Long to be Retransmitted (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3078 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2923 MIN_RTT management (4 by gorryfair, huitema, larseggert, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2923 [-recovery] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2223 When can you coalesce connections (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2223 [-http] [design] 
  - #253 HTTP/QUIC without Alt-Svc? (2 by larseggert, vrubleg)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/253 [-http] [design] 

  2 issues closed:
  - MIN_RTT management https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2923 [-recovery] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - CONNECTION_CLOSE should be allowed in 0-RTT https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3436 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-0/💬5)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Allow CONNECTION_CLOSE in 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3440 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #3348 Clarify that you can use any issued CID at any time, even during the handshake (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3438 
  - clarify that HANDSHAKE_DONE, NEW_TOKEN, PATH_RESPONSE, RCID frames MUST NOT appear in 0-RTT (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3431 
  - Clarify zero-length CIDs and active_connection_id_limit TP (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3426 
  - Remember active_connection_id_limit for 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3425 [-transport] [design] 
  - Point out that the payload size could decrease (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424 
  - Add citation to website fingerprinting draft (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3417 
  - Added a word of caution. (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3416 
  - Reset PTO and loss detection timer when discarding keys (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3415 [-transport] 

  3 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #3431 clarify that HANDSHAKE_DONE, NEW_TOKEN, PATH_RESPONSE, RCID frames MUST NOT appear in 0-RTT (3 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3431 
  - #3425 Remember active_connection_id_limit for 0-RTT (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3425 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3162 Server sends a PING-only packet if it's limited (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3162 [-recovery] [-transport] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts