Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01.txt

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:59:02 -0800

Here's new draft that incorporates Mirja's and Dan Wing's comments. It also
adds some language that using QUIC-LB on the client is a bad idea.

After discussing with Mirja, I think we agreed that leaving this as an
individual draft that the ops draft references may be the least painful
path, pending a discussion with Gorry if this is worth putting in TSVWG to
match similar documents for other protocols.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 1:01 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01.txt
To: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Martin Duke and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-duke-quic-natsupp
Revision:       01
Title:          Network Address Translation Support for QUIC
Document date:  2020-02-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-natsupp/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-duke-quic-natsupp
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01

Abstract:
   Network Address Translators (NATs) are widely deployed to share
   scarce public IPv4 addresses among multiple end hosts.  They
   overwrite IP addresses and ports in IP packets to do so.  QUIC is a
   protocol on top of UDP that provides transport-like services.  QUIC
   is better-behaved in the presence of NATs than older protocols, and
   existing UDP NATs should operate without incident if unmodified.
   QUIC offers additional features that may tempt NAT implementers as
   potential optimizations.  However, in practice, leveraging these
   features will lead to new connection failure modes and security
   vulnerabilities.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat