Subject: Consensus call, Transport Parameter change

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:01:15 +0000

In the Zurich interim we discussed an issue related to changing Transport
Parameters to use variable-length integer encoding. The issue and its
proposal are shown below. Discussion at the interim seemed to support
consensus for accepting the proposal.

The proposal makes a wire format change that will affect interoperability
among many implementations. In order to accelerate landing this change,
we're running a shorter 1-week consensus call for the single issue. If you
object to the proposal, please comment on the issue or in response to this
message. Absent any pushback, we'll direct the editors to incorporate the
change in one week's time.

See <https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/projects/5> for the current
state of issues in the Late Stage process, itself defined at <
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>.

* #3294: Make transport parameter ID and length varint
  The proposal is <https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169>

Cheers,
Lars, Lucas & Mark
QUIC WG Chairs

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 14:33:34 +0000

Hearing no pushback, consensus declared.