Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 03:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-3/💬41)
  3 issues created:
  - Inconsistency between early timeout calculations (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3524 
  - Padding overhead in DNS over QUIC scenarios (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3523 
  - Thread model discussion does not cover handshake MITM (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3512 

  10 issues received 41 new comments:
  - #3523 Padding overhead in DNS over QUIC scenarios (12 by huitema, ianswett, kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3523 
  - #3509 Required state for retaining unacked RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frames is unbound (9 by erickinnear, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3509 
  - #3489 How many probed paths should a server remember? (7 by erickinnear, ianswett, kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3489 [-transport] 
  - #3467 RTO in handshake in recovery draft (2 by larseggert, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3467 [-recovery] [needs-discussion] 
  - #3447 max_packet_size in 0-RTT (2 by janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3447 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3396 Server cannot proceed after invalid Retry token (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3396 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #3340 Anti-amplification limits should count junk too (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3340 [-transport] 
  - #3333 Padding outside QUIC packet (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3333 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] 
  - #3243 Add caution when using IW10 and fragmentation  (3 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3243 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #3078 Lost Server Initial Takes Too Long to be Retransmitted (3 by ianswett, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3078 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Lost Server Initial Takes Too Long to be Retransmitted https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3078 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Which DCID do Handshake retransmissions use? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3348 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - RTO in handshake in recovery draft https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3467 [-recovery] [needs-discussion] 

* quicwg/datagram (+1/-1/💬4)
  1 issues created:
  - Instances of lowercase "may"  (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/4 

  1 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #4 Instances of lowercase "may"  (4 by DavidSchinazi, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/4 

  1 issues closed:
  - Instances of lowercase "may"  https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/4 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+0/-0/💬4)
  2 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #8 Unguessable connection IDs (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/8 
  - #7 SCID acronym (3 by martinduke, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/7 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-3/💬3)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - eliminate the difference between when having no RTT sample and having one (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3525 
  - Recommend a 1ms timer granularity (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521 [-recovery] 
  - should -> SHOULD when bundling ACK frames (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3517 [-transport] 
  - http-core and Friends (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3513 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #3499 Authenticate connection IDs (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3499 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3468 Sending probe packet has duplicated text (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3468 [-recovery] 
  - #3080 Retransmit server initial upon second Initial (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3080 [-recovery] [design] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Retransmit server initial upon second Initial
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3080 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Remove pointer to appendix in PTO section (recovery)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3391 [-recovery] 
  - Clarify section on negotiating connection IDs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3349 [-transport] [design] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-3/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Mduke nits (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/15 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Fix obsolete references/terminology
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/15 
  - added language about server connection migration
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/14 
  - Test vectors
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/13 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation