Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 03:32:14 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-2/💬52)
  5 issues created:
  - SetLossDetectionTimer pseudocode is wrong (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3564 
  - Inconsistency of QPACK static table (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3562 
  - 3+ and 4+ in the QPACK wire format are complex and inefficient (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3561 
  - Equivalence of preferred_address and NEW_CONNECTION_ID (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3560 [-transport] 
  - Linkability with preferred_address usage (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3559 [-transport] 

  11 issues received 52 new comments:
  - #3562 Inconsistency of QPACK static table (3 by LPardue, MikeBishop, kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3562 [-qpack] 
  - #3561 3+ and 4+ in the QPACK wire format are complex and inefficient (7 by LPardue, MikeBishop, afrind, dtikhonov, kazu-yamamoto, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3561 [-qpack] 
  - #3560 Equivalence of preferred_address and NEW_CONNECTION_ID (13 by ianswett, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3560 [-transport] 
  - #3559 Linkability with preferred_address usage (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3559 [-transport] 
  - #3546 PTO probes are sent too frequently (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3546 [-recovery] 
  - #3541 Retaining the largest received packet number (6 by MikeBishop, ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3541 [-transport] 
  - #3523 Padding overhead in DNS over QUIC scenarios (3 by LPardue, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3523 [-transport] 
  - #3509 Required state for retaining unacked RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frames is unbound (15 by ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinduke, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3509 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3447 max_packet_size in 0-RTT (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3447 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3094 congestion window increase on every ACKed packet could result in bursty sends (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3094 [-recovery] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #814 Add a MESSAGE frame optimized for sub-MTU payloads (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/814 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] [quicv2] 

  2 issues closed:
  - 3+ and 4+ in the QPACK wire format are complex and inefficient https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3561 [-qpack] 
  - Padding overhead in DNS over QUIC scenarios https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3523 [-transport] 

* quicwg/datagram (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Anti-affinity for unreliable datagrams (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/5 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #5 Anti-affinity for unreliable datagrams (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/issues/5 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-0/💬16)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Migration with zero-length CID is inadvisable (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3563 [-transport] 
  - Authoritative access in HTTP/3 (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3558 [-http] [design] 
  - Note that state probably needs to be maintained for each issued CID if the peer chooses to use it (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3557 

  7 pull requests received 16 new comments:
  - #3563 Migration with zero-length CID is inadvisable (2 by MikeBishop, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3563 [-transport] 
  - #3557 Note that state needs to be maintained for each issued CID if the peer chooses to use it (3 by erickinnear, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3557 [-transport] 
  - #3550 No need for RCID if the peer increases Retire Prior To (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3550 [-transport] 
  - #3548 Confirm Retire Prior To via Acknowledgement (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3548 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3547 Limit RCID state (4 by janaiyengar, marten-seemann, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3547 [-transport] 
  - #3536 5tuple routing (4 by ianswett, martinduke, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3536 [-transport] 
  - #3525 eliminate the difference between when having no RTT sample and having one (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3525 [-recovery] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation