Subject: Consensus call for Late-stage documents, April 2020 edition

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:07:08 +0100

The following issues have proposals for resolution, and discussion so far
seems
to support consensus to accept them. If you object, please do so on the
issue or
in response to this message (changing the Subject appropriately!). Absent
any
pushback, we'll direct the editors to incorporate them in two weeks' time.

See <https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/projects/5> for the current
state of
issues in the Late Stage process, itself defined at
<https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>.

* #3594: Prohibit TLS middlebox compatibility mode
  The proposal is https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3595

* #3571: SHOULD implement adaptive packet threshold loss detection
  The proposal is make no design change but add the editorial change
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3572

* #3560: Equivalence of preferred_address and NEW_CONNECTION_ID
  The proposal is https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3565

* #3559: Linkability with preferred_address usage
  The proposal is https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3563

* #3509: Required state for retaining unacked RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frames
is unbound
  The proposal is https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3547

* #3439: Authenticating connection IDs
  The proposal is https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3499

* #3427: active_connection_id_limit description is unclear about whose
connection ID might be zero length
  The proposal is https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3426

* #3353: Description of the use of Preferred Address is unclear
  The proposal is make no design change but add the editorial change
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3589

* #3265: Add capability for sending HTTP metadata (trailer fields) in
mid-stream
  The proposal is to mark this as v2 for now. We can unmark if the HTTP
progresses faster than us, and we decide to incorporate it in some way.

* #3198: HTTP/3 is lacking priorities
  The proposal is to mark this as v2 for now. We can unmark if the HTTP
progresses faster than us, and we decide to incorporate it in some way.

Regar ds
Lars, Lucas and Mark
QUIC Chairs