Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-00.txt

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 17:24:41 -0700

I filed this individual draft that builds on Marten Seemann's idea to
prevent QUIC version ossification. This provides an alternate means of
concealing the client hello that may be relevant to MASQUE if we don't want
to use the h3 ALPN.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:13 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-00.txt
To: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Martin Duke and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing
Revision:       00
Title:          QUIC Version Aliasing
Document date:  2020-04-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing

Abstract:
   The QUIC transport protocol [QUIC-TRANSPORT] preserves its future
   extensibility partly by specifying its version number.  There will be
   a relatively small number of published version numbers for the
   foreseeable future.  This document provides a method for clients and
   servers to negotiate the use of other version numbers in subsequent
   connections.  If a sizeable subset of QUIC connections use this
   mechanism, this should prevent middlebox ossification around the
   current set of published version numbers and the contents of QUIC
   Initial packets.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat