Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 03:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-2/💬23)
  5 issues created:
  - Text on ECN probing (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3585 
  - Prioritize Handshake probe packet over Short packet (by tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3583 
  - Server sends Handshake probe packet which does not attribute to any progress (by tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3582 
  - TLS alert no_application_protocol is not always possible (by ajmacedonia)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3580 
  - Align the "Maximum Data" and "Data Limit" terms (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3579 

  9 issues received 23 new comments:
  - #3583 Prioritize Handshake probe packet over Short packet (2 by martinthomson, tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3583 [-recovery] 
  - #3582 Server sends Handshake probe packet which does not attribute to any progress (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3582 
  - #3580 TLS alert no_application_protocol is not always possible (14 by LPardue, ajmacedonia, ekr, kazuho, martinduke, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3580 [-tls] 
  - #3579 Align the "Maximum Data" and "Data Limit" terms (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3579 
  - #3571 SHOULD implement adaptive packet threshold loss detection (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3571 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3541 Retaining the largest received packet number (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3541 [-transport] 
  - #3529 Changing the Default QUIC ACK Policy (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3529 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3512 Threat model discussion does not cover handshake MITM (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3512 [-transport] [needs-discussion] 
  - #3353 Description of the use of Preferred Address is unclear (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3353 [-transport] [design] 

  2 issues closed:
  - congestion window increase on every ACKed packet could result in bursty sends https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3094 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Inconsistency between early timeout calculations https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3524 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-1/💬8)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - [qpack] Fix example (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3578 
  - [qpack] Overhaul the pseudocode (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3577 
  - [qpack] Add comment explaining static table (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3576 
  - QPACK security considerations (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3575 

  6 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #3577 [qpack] Overhaul the pseudocode (1 by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3577 
  - #3558 Authoritative access in HTTP/3 (3 by LPardue, RyanTheOptimist)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3558 [-http] [design] 
  - #3537 Remove a MUST accidentally introduced by #3315 (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3537 [-transport] 
  - #3455 Add handling of all packets marked as CE (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3455 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3454 In an unlikely event of emergency.... set ECN marks (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3454 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3431 clarify that HANDSHAKE_DONE, NEW_TOKEN, PATH_RESPONSE, RCID frames MUST NOT appear in 0-RTT (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3431 [-tls] [design] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - eliminate the difference between when having no RTT sample and having one
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3525 [-recovery] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation