Subject: New Liaison Statement, "Re: LS on need for Multi-Path QUIC for ATSSS"

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 08:14:47 -0700

Title: Re: LS on need for Multi-Path QUIC for ATSSS
Submission Date: 2020-05-13
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1680/

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Susanna Kooistra <[email-masked]>
Cc: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>,Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>,QUIC Discussion List <[email-masked]>,Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Response Contacts: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>, Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>, Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Technical Contacts: 
Purpose: In response

Referenced liaison: LS on need for Multi-Path QUIC for ATSSS (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1678/)

Body: Thank you for your input to our specifications.

Multipath capabilities for QUIC are currently under active discussion in the
IETF's QUIC WG. Several individual proposals have been made, but the group is
also considering whether the already-specified connection migration capabilities
are sufficient to cover the majority of use cases.

We encourage 3GPP to contribute their requirements for QUIC multipath capabilities
in an Internet-Draft, especially if the already-specified connection migration
capabilities are deemed insufficient. 3GPP's active involvement in any multipath
QUIC standardization would be the best way to remain informed of the progress of
any such work in the IETF.

Kind regards,
Mark Nottingham, Lucas Pardue and Lars Eggert, QUIC Working Group chairs
Attachments:

No document has been attached

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 21:58:21 -0500

Hi, Lars,

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:16 AM Liaison Statement Management Tool <
[email-masked]> wrote:

You DID send this shortly! My apologies for reading e-mail
oldest-to-newest.

Best,

Spencer

> Cc: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>,Magnus Westerlund <
> [email-masked]>,QUIC Discussion List <[email-masked]>,Gonzalo
> Camarillo <[email-masked]>
> Response Contacts: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>, Lars Eggert <
> [email-masked]>, Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
> Technical Contacts:
> Purpose: In response
>
> Referenced liaison: LS on need for Multi-Path QUIC for ATSSS (
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1678/)
>