Subject: TR: New Version Notification for draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-07.txt

From: Kuhn Nicolas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 08:16:58 +0000

Hi, 

We have been working on an updated version of the 0-RTT draft. 

In short, the document describes a generic method to exchange path parameters
relating to transport.  The additional transport parameters can help
a connection that continues after an interruption or restarts by
sharing connection properties.  They can be used to increase the
performance for a path with large RTT.

The motivation is described in the document, but here is an extract :
"Currently each side has a proprietary solution to measure and to
   store path characteristics.  Recalling the parameters of a previous
   connection would allow:
   o  Server and client to re-initialise the state from previously
      established parameters (i.e., minRTT, MTU, bottleneck capacity,
      etc.)
   o  The client to prepare the right resources
   o  The server to adapt to non-default path characteristics"

Please let us know if you have any questions/comments. 

Kind regards, 

Nico on the behalf of the authors 

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] <[email-masked]> 
Envoyé : lundi 18 mai 2020 10:12
À : Emile Stephan <[email-masked]>; Kuhn Nicolas <[email-masked]>; Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>; Stephan Emile <[email-masked]>; Tom Jones <[email-masked]>
Objet : New Version Notification for draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-07.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-07.txt has been successfully submitted by Nicolas Kuhn and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:		draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp
Revision:	07
Title:		Transport parameters for 0-RTT connections
Document date:	2020-05-18
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-07.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-07
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-07

Abstract:
   0-RTT mechanisms reduce the time it takes for the first bytes of
   application data to be processed in a transport connection and can
   greatly reduce connection latency during setup.  The 0-RTT transport
   features described by quic-transport help clients establish secure
   connections with a minimal number of round-trips.

   This document describes a generic method to exchange path parameters
   relating to transport.  The additional transport parameters can help
   a connection that continues after an interruption or restarts by
   sharing connection properties.  They can be used to increase the
   performance for a path with large RTT.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat