Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 03:32:18 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-1/💬51)
  7 issues created:
  - Suggest endpoints may recognize acks after loss is declared (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3956 
  - HTTP/2 Settings reservation isn't called out (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3954 [-http] 
  - Including ACK delay in packet loss detection time threshold (by djc)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3951 
  - Reno does not require window reduction on loss (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3944 
  - Congestion window reduction should be based on size of inflight (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3943 [-recovery] 
  - Starting persistent congestion on a ack-eliciting packet (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3941 
  - It's unclear if persistent congestion is a per-PN-space property (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3939 

  13 issues received 51 new comments:
  - #3956 Suggest endpoints may recognize acks after loss is declared (4 by ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3956 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 
  - #3954 HTTP/2 Settings reservation isn't called out (2 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3954 [-http] [post-wglc] 
  - #3951 Including ACK delay in packet loss detection time threshold (4 by Ralith, ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3951 [post-wglc] 
  - #3944 Reno does not require window reduction on loss (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3944 [-recovery] [design] [post-wglc] 
  - #3943 Congestion window reduction should be based on size of inflight (9 by ianswett, janaiyengar, junhochoi, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3943 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 
  - #3941 Starting persistent congestion on a ack-eliciting packet (4 by janaiyengar, kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3941 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 
  - #3939 It's unclear if persistent congestion is a per-PN-space property (7 by janaiyengar, kazuho, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3939 [-recovery] 
  - #3937 unclear definition of persistent congestion (3 by goelvidhi, kazuho, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3937 [-recovery] 
  - #3932 Servers are not expected to validate multiple paths simultaneously (4 by ekinnear, ianswett, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3932 [-transport] [post-wglc] 
  - #3927 Reset min_rtt on persistent congestion (5 by kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3927 [-recovery] 
  - #3892 MUST requirement on bursts smaller than IW is too restrictive (2 by ianswett, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3892 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 
  - #3842 Do I need to reset congestion info when the port changes? (2 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3842 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3834 Remove amplification throttle if the server receives Initial that echoes its high entropy SCID. (4 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3834 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Congestion window reduction should be based on size of inflight https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3943 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-1/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - A little confused about configuration agent (by william-zk)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/46 

  1 issues closed:
  - Simplify the configuration by merging server-id and zero-pad https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/41 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+12/-0/💬5)
  12 pull requests submitted:
  - fix typo: s/an proxy/a proxy/ (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3958 
  - Don't retransmit lost packets that are acked later (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3957 
  - Clarify HTTP/2 setting parameter reservation (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3955 [-http] [design] 
  - Application can reset stream or close connection even if no error occurs. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3953 
  - Move transport error codes to a separate subsection. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3952 
  - Fix spelling and style consistency nits (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3950 
  - Fix spelling and style consistency nits (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3949 
  - Fix spelling and style consistency nits (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3948 
  - Fix spelling and style consistency nits (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3947 
  - Fix spelling and style consistency nits (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3946 
  - Word-smithed version of Ted's resolution to #3842 from the mailing list (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3945 
  - clarify that persistent congestion is a contigous loss across all PN spaces (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3940 

  4 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #3945 Word-smithed version of Ted's resolution to #3842 from the mailing list (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3945 
  - #3940 clarify that persistent congestion is a contigous loss across all PN spaces (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3940 
  - #3936 sender SHOULD limit bursts (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3936 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3889 No RTT samples, no persistent congestion (2 by janaiyengar, mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3889 [-recovery] [design] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #104 retry service and validation token (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/104 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests merged:
  - Remove zero padding field
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/44 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation