Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 03:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-9/💬24)
  4 issues created:
  - Persistent congestion period: text and pseudo code don't agree (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3972 [-recovery] 
  - Definition of ack-delay is incorrect (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3970 
  - loss_detection_timer.update in recovery (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3969 
  - infinite loop of OnLossDetectionTimeout (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3967 

  10 issues received 24 new comments:
  - #3972 Persistent congestion period: text and pseudo-code don't agree (6 by ianswett, janaiyengar, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3972 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 
  - #3970 Definition of ack-delay is incorrect (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3970 [-transport] [post-wglc] 
  - #3969 loss_detection_timer.update in recovery (2 by kazu-yamamoto, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3969 
  - #3967 infinite loop of OnLossDetectionTimeout (2 by kazu-yamamoto, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3967 
  - #3965 QUIC/ALPN Version Specific Transport Parameters (3 by larseggert, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3965 [post-wglc] 
  - #3927 Reset min_rtt on persistent congestion (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3927 [-recovery] [post-wglc] 
  - #3875 Persistent congestion threshold is unreliable during the early stages of a connection (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3875 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - #3842 Do I need to reset congestion info when the port changes? (2 by LPardue, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3842 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3821 Desirable behavior when it takes time to derive the traffic keys for the next PN space (3 by ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3821 [-recovery] [-tls] 
  - #3765 disable_active_migration with SPA (3 by igorlord, kazuho, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3765 [-transport] [design] 

  9 issues closed:
  - Remove amplification throttle if the server receives Initial that echoes its high entropy SCID. https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3834 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Coalescing different CIDs for same connection https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3800 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Versions are for endpoints https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3808 [-invariants] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - What does "MUST reduce" mean? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3845 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - incorrect error code used for invalid RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frames https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3860 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - How long is a validated address good for? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3880 [-transport] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - Persistent congestion threshold is unreliable during the early stages of a connection https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3875 [-recovery] [design] [has-consensus] 
  - loss_detection_timer.update in recovery https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3969 
  - infinite loop of OnLossDetectionTimeout https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3967 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+7/-0/💬6)
  7 issues created:
  - Does connection ID stuff belong in applicability draft? (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/116 
  - connection migration: add server preferred address (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/115 
  - Update Packetization reference (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/114 
  - applicability: streams section (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/113 
  - applicability: resumption v. keepalive (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/112 
  - Applicability 0RTT section (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/111 
  - Applicability introduction is outdated (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/110 

  2 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #113 applicability: streams section (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/113 
  - #75 Document how SNI from QUIC handshakes is presented (5 by britram, ianswett, martinthomson, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/75 [-manageability] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-0/💬7)
  1 issues created:
  - Cut obfuscated server ID algorithm (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/47 

  1 issues received 7 new comments:
  - #47 Cut obfuscated server ID algorithm (7 by DavidSchinazi, huitema, ianswett, janaiyengar, martinduke, pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/47 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-0/💬6)
  1 issues created:
  - Client Offer Version-Specific Transport Parameters (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/8 

  1 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #8 Client Offer Version-Specific Transport Parameters (6 by DavidSchinazi, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/8 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-9/💬14)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Add some MUSTs (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3978 [-recovery] 
  - transport: fix broken link to tls (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3977 
  - recovery: fix broken links to tls (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3976 
  - Resetting min_rtt (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3975 
  - Don't apply PTO backoff twice in GetPtoTimeAndSpace() (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3974 
  - Transport Parameters are not APLN Specific (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3973 
  - CongestionEvent -> OnCongestionEvent (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3968 

  4 pull requests received 14 new comments:
  - #3974 Don't apply PTO backoff twice in GetPtoTimeAndSpace() (2 by ghedo, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3974 
  - #3955 Clarify HTTP/2 setting parameter reservation (2 by janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3955 [-http] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3946 Fix spelling and style consistency nits (9 by janaiyengar, larseggert, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3946 [-transport] 
  - #3889 No RTT samples, no persistent congestion (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3889 [-recovery] [design] 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - recovery: fix broken links to tls
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3976 
  - transport: fix broken link to tls
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3977 
  - which -> that where appropriate & related nit fixes
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3964 
  - May use 64+bit CIDs as address validation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3924 [-transport] [design] 
  - Require coalesced packets to have the same connection ID
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3930 [-transport] [design] 
  - Version field <-> Version is not invariant
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3785 [-invariants] [design] 
  - 3x amplification limit for CONNECTION_CLOSE
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3864 [-transport] [design] 
  - change error to PROTOCOL_VIOLATION when receiving an invalid RCID frame
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3861 [-transport] [design] 
  - No RTT samples, no persistent congestion
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3889 [-recovery] [design] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #102 More guidance on idle timeouts (1 by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/102 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Deleted OCID (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/48 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation