Subject: AD review of draft-ietf-quic-transport and draft-ietf-quic-invariant

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 08:52:32 +0000

Hi,

I just want to make you aware that the AD review of Transport and Invariants
have already been completed. There where no comments on Invariant and Transport
had a single issue.

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4170

This editorial issue have a proposed solution in 
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4171 that has been merged.

As other documents in the set will need a new revision I expect that this change
will be made available then for the IETF last call.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Ian Swett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 11:07:44 -0400

Magnus, thanks for your hard work to get these reviewed so quickly.  It's
greatly appreciated.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:44:27 +0000

Hi,

While reviewing draft-ietf-quic-http I actually realized an issue that do 
touches upon transport and its IANA policy so I did open a new issue on 
Transport:

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4230

Section 22.1.1:

It is quite common that one may want to separate who has the change control 
over an registration entry vs who is the contact. Change control can often be 
assigned to an organization rather than an individual while a contact 
information may be an individual or a specific contact address for the 
organization. Contact information has a tendency to get stale, and in many 
case the contact if a person may no longer represent the organization that 
made the registration.

Thus, my suggestion would be to add a separation between contact and change 
controller. In fact just for the registration in the Transport doc it makes 
sense to make the change controller "IETF" and have the contact be "QUIC WG".

Cheers

Magnus

---

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 19:47:33 +1100

Seems reasonable, see https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4239

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020, at 01:44, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> Attachments:
> * smime.p7s