Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-quic-qpack-19.txt> (QPACK: Header Compression for HTTP/3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 06:24:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the QUIC WG (quic) to consider the
following document: - 'QPACK: Header Compression for HTTP/3'
  <draft-ietf-quic-qpack-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

This document is part of a combined 26-day last call for multiple 
related documents that defines the QUIC protocol and the HTTP mapping
onto QUIC. The documents are:
	
   - draft-ietf-quic-transport
   - draft-ietf-quic-recovery
   - draft-ietf-quic-tls
   - draft-ietf-quic-invariants
   - draft-ietf-quic-http
   - draft-ietf-quic-qpack

Due to its GitHub-centric work style, the QUIC WG requests that LC review 
comments are individually filed as issues in the WG repository at 
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts if at all possible. A summary email may with 
URLs to the individual issue should then also be sent to the relevant mailing list 
(primarily [email-masked] and [email-masked]).	

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-11-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines QPACK, a compression format for
   efficiently representing HTTP fields, to be used in HTTP/3.  This is
   a variation of HPACK compression that seeks to reduce head-of-line
   blocking.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-qpack/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics: HTTP Semantics (None - IETF stream)