Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 02:32:48 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+1/-9/💬26)
  1 issues created:
  - Potential oracle access to the peer's secure randomness (by frochet)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4314 

  19 issues received 26 new comments:
  - #4314 Potential oracle access to the peer's secure randomness (5 by chris-wood, frochet, martinthomson, peteroupc)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4314 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4305 Advice for middlebox authors (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4305 [-invariants] 
  - #4301 Hard to parse (2 by MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4301 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4300 Conversion pseudo code would be helpful (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4300 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4298 Example Structure (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4298 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4296 Lead to fragment code-spaces (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4296 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4295 Choice of padding values (2 by janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4295 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4292 Explain format more (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4292 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4291 It is not clear how long the fields are (2 by MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4291 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4288 Say we have a maximum data size (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4288 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4283 What units of time you are using (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4283 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4281 0x?a?a?a?a is somewhat pulled out of a hat (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4281 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4278 Prevent the network from being overwhelmed (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4278 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4277 Error states missing (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4277 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4276 Ask IANA to run an algorithm  (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4276 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4270 Text around table 1 confusing (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4270 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4268 62 bits pulled out of a hat (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4268 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4267 Looking for a protocol definition (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4267 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4265 Fundamentals into Section 1 (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4265 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 

  9 issues closed:
  - We do not know what a packet looks like https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4285 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  -  Frame Types notation https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4299 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Mask 0x1 (and similar) https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4269 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Choice of padding values https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4295 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Presumably the length in bytes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4303 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Two paras are quite confusing https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4271 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Packet Number Decoding Algorithm  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4297 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Pointer to a packet definition https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4284 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - Text around table 1 confusing https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4270 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-0/💬4)
  2 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #118 Advise against short idle timeouts? (3 by britram, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/118 [-applicability] 
  - #115 connection migration: add server preferred address (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/115 [-applicability] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+0/-3/💬4)
  4 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #55 question about timestamp in token (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/55 
  - #54 A question about retry token format (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/54 
  - #51 Any suggestion about transmit client ip from quic-lb to quic-server? (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/51 
  - #12 Configuration ID might be too small (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/12 [needs-discussion] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Any suggestion about transmit client ip from quic-lb to quic-server? https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/51 
  - question about timestamp in token https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/55 
  - A question about retry token format https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/54 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Packet number encoding appendix (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4315 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #4264 Apply the 3x amplification-limit to migration too (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4264 [-transport] [design] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+3/-0/💬0)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - More text on SPA (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/127 
  - Further text on idle timeout/keep alive frequency (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/126 
  - Clarify "idle timeout" (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/125 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-2/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Use POSIX timestamp (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/56 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Use POSIX timestamp
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/56 
  - Update Noncompliant DCID text
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/52 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation