Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath-01.txt

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:49:15 -0600

I didn't expect to talk about this draft during the IETF 109 session, but
did want to let people know that I've gotten some good feedback and
continued to work on it, so I'd offer it for your consideration AFTER IETF
109.

For the people who presented at the QUIC multipath virtual interim meeting,
please check whether I'm misrepresenting what I understood various use
cases to be relying on for path selection strategies. I'd like to get that
as correct as possible.

Best, and talk to you folks in a couple of hours.

Spencer

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:42 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath-01.txt
To: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Spencer Dawkins and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath
Revision:       01
Title:          What To Do With Multiple Active Paths in QUIC
Document date:  2020-11-17
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dawkins-quic-what-to-do-with-multipath-01

Abstract:
   The IETF QUIC working group has been chartered to produce extensions
   that would "enable ... multipath capabilities" since the working
   group was formed in 2016, but because multipath was an extension,
   work on multipath, and the other extensions named in the charter,
   waited while work proceeded on the core QUIC protocol specifications.

   After the QUIC working group chairs requested publication for the
   core QUIC protocol specifications, they scheduled a virtual interim
   meeting to understand the use cases that various groups inside and
   outside the IETF were envisioning for multipath with QUIC.

   As part of that discussion, it became obvious that people had a
   variety of ideas about how multiple paths would be used, because they
   weren't looking at the same use cases.

   This document is intended to capture that variety of ideas, to inform
   further discussion in the working group.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat