Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 02:32:46 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-3/💬30)
  3 issues created:
  - Error code for illegal field composition (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4336 [-http] 
  - transport: Section 9.3 of QUIC-TLS (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4333 
  - transport: MUST vs MAY (by kazu-yamamoto)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4332 

  13 issues received 30 new comments:
  - #4336 Error code for illegal field composition (3 by LPardue, MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4336 [-http] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4332 transport: MUST vs MAY (5 by kazu-yamamoto, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4332 
  - #4325 TLS initial salt is arbitrary (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4325 [-tls] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4324 secdir review of -recovery (2 by MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4324 [-recovery] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4305 Advice for middlebox authors (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4305 [-invariants] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4298 Example Structure (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4298 [-transport] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4294 Identifier of the form "31 * N + 27" (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4294 [-transport] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4291 It is not clear how long the fields are (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4291 [-transport] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4288 Say we have a maximum data size (2 by janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4288 [-transport] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4275 Reclaiming is very hard (3 by StewartBryant, janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4275 [-transport] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4274 Only packet you can trust to explore the path is a QUIC packet (2 by janaiyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4274 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4258 Request Forgery Attacks through Version Negotiation (2 by marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4258 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4257 Path Challenge Padding and Amplification Protection (6 by MikeBishop, janaiyengar, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4257 [-transport] [design] [ietf-lc] 

  3 issues closed:
  - secdir review of -recovery https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4324 [-recovery] [ietf-lc] 
  - TLS initial salt is arbitrary https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4325 [-tls] [ietf-lc] [proposal-ready] 
  - Potential oracle access to the peer's secure randomness https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4314 [-transport] [ietf-lc] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-2/💬1)
  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #118 Advise against short idle timeouts? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/118 [-applicability] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Indicate which parts of the draft are v1 specific https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/95 [-manageability] [final check] 
  - Advise against short idle timeouts? https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/118 [-applicability] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-2/💬8)
  1 issues created:
  - Rework Shared-State Token Security (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/57 

  3 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #57 Rework Shared-State Token Security (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/57 
  - #53 Keepalive design discussion (2 by martinduke, william-zk)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/53 
  - #35 Using ECB for retry tokens seems sub optimal (5 by huitema, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/35 

  2 issues closed:
  - Keepalive design discussion https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/53 
  - Rework Shared-State Token Security https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/57 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-1/💬7)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify datagram size authentication a bit (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4342 
  - Why grease (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4341 
  - Document request forgery by version negotiation (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4339 [-transport] 
  - Add an error code for when the path fails (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4331 [-transport] [design] 
  - Generalize CID-based path validation (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4330 [-transport] 

  4 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #4339 Document request forgery by version negotiation (3 by marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4339 [-transport] 
  - #4331 Add an error code for when the path fails (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4331 [-transport] [design] 
  - #4330 Generalize CID-based path validation (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4330 [-transport] 
  - #4264 Apply the 3x amplification-limit to migration too (2 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4264 [-transport] [design] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Add an error code for when the path fails
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4331 [-transport] [design] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+1/-4/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Make applicability to V1 more emphatic. (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/128 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #127 More text on SPA (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/127 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - More text on SPA
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/127 
  - Make applicability to V1 more emphatic.
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/128 
  - Clarify "idle timeout"
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/125 
  - Further text on idle timeout/keep alive frequency
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/126 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+2/-0/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Aead retry token (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/59 
  - Added transport parameter (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/58 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #59 Aead retry token (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/59 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation