Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 10:21:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Compatible Version Negotiation for QUIC
        Authors         : David Schinazi
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   QUIC does not provide a complete version negotiation mechanism but
   instead only provides a way for the server to indicate that the
   version the client offered is unacceptable.  This document describes
   a version negotiation mechanism that allows a client and server to
   select a mutually supported version.  Optionally, if the original and
   negotiated version share a compatible Initial format, the negotiation
   can take place without incurring an extra round trip.

   Discussion of this work is encouraged to happen on the QUIC IETF
   mailing list [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) or on the GitHub
   repository which contains the draft: https://github.com/quicwg/
   version-negotiation/ (https://github.com/quicwg/version-
   negotiation/).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/