Subject: New Liaison Statement, "Response to "LS on ATSSS Phase 2 conclusions""

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 07:01:51 -0800

Title: Response to "LS on ATSSS Phase 2 conclusions"
Submission Date: 2020-12-16
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1712/

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked],[email-masked]
Cc: QUIC WG Chairs <[email-masked]>,QUIC ADs <[email-masked]>,QUIC Discussion List <[email-masked]>
Response Contacts: [email-masked]
Technical Contacts: 
Purpose: In response

Referenced liaison: LS on ATSSS Phase 2 conclusions (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1710/)

Body: Thank you for the update on your architectural design and your
intended standardization timeline.

Multipath support for QUIC remains under active discussion in the IETF
QUIC working group. While multiple design proposals for such an
extension have been proposed, it remains uncertain for the time being
if the WG will come to consensus on adopting a work item on multipath
QUIC, and if so, which individual proposal it would be based on and
whether or not it would satisfy your architectural design. The WG is
open to presentations and discussions of experimental results to
better understand the design options and their trade-offs. Interested
parties may participate in the WG discussion by joining the mailing
list at https://ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/quic

We unfortunately cannot predict whether the WG discussion on a
multipath extension for QUIC will have sufficiently progressed by
March 2021 for consensus to emerge. We will inform you of any
significant progress.
Attachments:

No document has been attached