Subject: Martin Duke's Yes on draft-ietf-quic-invariants-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 22:35:47 -0800

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-quic-invariants-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-invariants/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the discussion in quic-transport, some of the description of the VN
packet here may turn out to be misleading (as “supported versions” fields may
be used for other things). We should reevaluate once that is resolved.

Again, the use of “off-path attacker” in sec 7 is inconsistent with the other
documents.