Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 03:13:06 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-7/💬29)
  3 issues created:
  - Transfer codings and normative references (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4746 
  - QUIC Invariants don't specify ordering semantics of Version Negotiation packets (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4743 
  - Coalescing for padding clarification (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4738 

  9 issues received 29 new comments:
  - #4743 QUIC Invariants don't specify ordering semantics of Version Negotiation packets (12 by DavidSchinazi, RyanTheOptimist, janaiyengar, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4743 
  - #4738 Coalescing for padding clarification (4 by ianswett, larseggert, tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4738 [-transport] 
  - #4527 Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 4 (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4527 [-transport] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4525 Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 2 (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4525 [-transport] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4485 Ben Kaduk's TLS Comment 9 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4485 [-tls] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4475 Ben Kaduk's TLS Discuss 1 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4475 [-tls] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4468 Robert Wilton Invariants Discuss 1 (6 by DavidSchinazi, janaiyengar, martinthomson, rgwilton)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4468 [-invariants] [-transport] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4453 Martin Duke Transport Comment 2 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4453 [-transport] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4336 Error code for illegal field composition (2 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4336 [-http] [design] [ietf-lc] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Robert Wilton Invariants Discuss 1 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4468 [-invariants] [-transport] [design] [iesg] 
  - Ben Kaduk's TLS Comment 9 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4485 [-tls] [design] [iesg] 
  - Ben Kaduk's TLS Discuss 1 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4475 [-tls] [design] [iesg] 
  - Martin Duke Transport Comment 2 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4453 [-transport] [design] [iesg] 
  - Éric Vyncke's Recovery Comment 4 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4591 [-recovery] [iesg] 
  - Coalescing for padding clarification https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4738 [-transport] 
  - Align with http-core terminology changes to avoid overloading of the term "payload" https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4716 [-http] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 issues closed:
  - Double check security considerations sections https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/141 [-applicability] [-manageability] [final check] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+5/-2/💬9)
  5 issues created:
  - Bytes for server use (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/85 
  - Low-Config CID creating huge problems with coexistence of configurations (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/84 
  - Allow-list and deny-list for QUIC versions (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/82 
  - Low-config PCID: why stop using some server IDs? (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/81 
  - Server ID: bits instead of octets? (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/80 

  5 issues received 9 new comments:
  - #84 Low-Config CID creating huge problems with coexistence of configurations (4 by huitema, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/84 
  - #81 Low-config PCID: why stop using some server IDs? (2 by dtikhonov, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/81 
  - #80 Server ID: bits instead of octets? (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/80 
  - #66 Security Considerations for Shared-State Retry Keys (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/66 
  - #64 PCID without SID configuration? (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/64 

  2 issues closed:
  - Low-config PCID: why stop using some server IDs? https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/81 
  - Security Considerations for Shared-State Retry Keys https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/66 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+3/-6/💬13)
  3 issues created:
  - Client's version preference is ignored (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/14 
  - Is the server required to upgrade versions? (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/13 
  - Define v1 and draft-29 Compatibility (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/12 

  4 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #14 Client's version preference is ignored (3 by DavidSchinazi, ekr, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/14 
  - #13 Is the server required to upgrade versions? (4 by DavidSchinazi, ekr, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/13 
  - #12 Define v1 and draft-29 Compatibility (2 by DavidSchinazi, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/12 
  - #5 The client is unable to detect downgrade attacks (4 by RyanTheOptimist, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/5 

  6 issues closed:
  - Client Offer Version-Specific Transport Parameters https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/8 
  - Should "Compatible Version" mention 0-RTT? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/6 
  - Change framing to improve clarity https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/4 
  - Comments from Mike Bishop https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/3 
  - Do servers need to understand compatibility? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/2 
  - In-line or routing promises vs compatibility https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/1 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+2/-8/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Resolve normative references to HTTP/1.1 spec (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4747 
  - http: update for http-core -14 moved sections (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4742 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #4471 Remove SHOULD regarding QUIC bit on VN (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4471 [-transport] [design] 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Closure alerts are errors too
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4570 [-tls] [design] 
  - The transport parameter removes EOED
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4689 [-tls] [design] 
  - Remove routing recommendation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4696 [-transport] [design] 
  - Only reserve the first unassigned codepoint
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4707 [-transport] [design] 
  - Editorial suggestions from Benjamin Kaduk (invariants, TLS)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4473 
  - ^ expresses exponentiation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4731 
  - Fix units for pacing and a couple of related nits
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4729 
  - Delay is controllable by an attacker too
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4730 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+2/-3/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Quic natsupp (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/171 
  - Add Retry discussion to DDoS section (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/170 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Do we want to add a reference to the HTTP/3 draft as well
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/168 
  - Add one sentence about relevant security considerations in TLS draft
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/167 
  - remove "recommended" for disable spinning
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/169 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-3/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Added version allow-lists and deny-lists to Retry services (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/83 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #78 Add security considerations for retry token encryption (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/78 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Cleanup of ECMP/Low-config design
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/77 
  - Add security considerations for retry token encryption
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/78 
  - Address Christian's late review
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/79 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-0/💬4)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Major rewrite of draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/11 

  1 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #11 Major rewrite of draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation (4 by DavidSchinazi, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/11 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation