Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions-01.txt

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 18:05:35 -0600

Just to let people know, I've been through the open issues in
https://github.com/SpencerDawkins/draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions,
and done some more work on my own since submitting -00.

Thanks to Mikkel, Lars, Mike, and Christian for your thoughts on this work.

I'm sure there's still more work to do, but I'm submitting this now, in the
hope that it will be helpful in discussions about multiple paths for QUIC,
which should take a back seat while the IESG is balloting on the core QUIC
specifications, but I hope will pop up before IETF 110.

If you have thoughts about -01, they're welcome, whether in Github, on the
mailing list, or in private e-mail (I've gotten all three forms of input on
-00).

Best,

Spencer

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 5:58 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions-01.txt
To: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Spencer Dawkins and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions
Revision:       01
Title:          Questions for Multiple Paths In QUIC
Document date:  2021-01-17
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dawkins-quic-multipath-questions-01

Abstract:
   The IETF QUIC working group has been chartered to produce extensions
   that would "enable ... multipath capabilities" since the working
   group was formed in 2016, but because multipath was an extension,
   work on multipath, and the other extensions named in the charter,
   waited while work proceeded on the core QUIC protocol specifications.

   After the QUIC working group chairs requested publication for the
   core QUIC protocol specifications, they scheduled a virtual interim
   meeting to understand the use cases that various groups inside and
   outside the IETF were envisioning for multipath with QUIC.

   As part of that discussion, it became obvious that people had a
   variety of ideas about how multiple paths would be used, because they
   weren't looking at the same use cases, and so had different
   assumptions about how applications might use QUIC over multiple
   paths.

   This document is intended to capture questions that have come up in
   discussions, with some suggested answers, to inform further
   discussion in the working group.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat