Subject: Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-ietf-quic-transport-33: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 17:35:08 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-quic-transport-33: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-transport/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for a clear and complete document.

Section 17.4: For someone coming to this new, it might not be obvious why
requiring the disabling of the spin bit on a fraction of connections is useful.
This may be worth a sentence of explanation.

---

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 14:24:55 +1100

> This may be worth a sentence of explanation.

Thanks Alissa.  Tracking this at https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4472