Subject: EPIQ Workshop 2021

From: Robin MARX <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:40:25 +0100

Hello all,

With this email, we would like to gauge the interest for a new edition of
the academic EPIQ workshop in 2021.

For those unfamiliar, the Workshop on the Evolution, Performance, and
Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ)
is an academic publication and discussion venue for all things related to
QUIC.
It has been organized twice in the past three years,
first co-located with CoNEXT in 2018 [1] and second with SIGCOMM in 2020
[2].

A third edition was originally planned in 2019, but was unable to continue
due to a lack of work submitted for review.
While the academic QUIC community has become more active and a repeat of
this scenario seems unlikely,
we would still like to gauge concrete interest before committing to
organizing a new edition.

As such, if you are performing QUIC-related work and would likely target
EPIQ as a publication venue,
please contact (one of) us via private message (see emails in CC).
Please also indicate whether you would prefer co-location with SIGCOMM
(summer 2021) or CoNEXT (winter 2021).
There is no requirement to specify the precise subtopic of research
and indicating interest of course does not imply a commitment to actually
submit work.

Please let us know by Tuesday February 2nd, as the SIGCOMM Workshop
submission deadline is February 5th.
If interest is deemed too low or the workshop is not accepted at SIGCOMM,
we will postpone the workshop to another conference (likely CoNEXT) or next
year.

With best regards,
Robin Marx (joining the team this year), Lars Eggert and Jörg Ott

[1]: https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2018/#!/workshop-epiq
[2]: https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2020/workshop-epiq.html

-- 

dr. Robin Marx
Postdoc researcher - Web protocols
Expertise centre for Digital Media

T +32(0)11 26 84 79 - GSM +32(0)497 72 86 94

www.uhasselt.be
Universiteit Hasselt - Campus Diepenbeek
Agoralaan Gebouw D - B-3590 Diepenbeek
Kantoor EDM-2.05