Subject: Review of QUIC Applicability: draft-ietf-quic-applicability-09

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 12:35:18 +0000

I have just completed a review of the applicability draft ( 
draft-ietf-quic-applicability-09).  I saw quite a few places where the 
text would really benefit from some clarity to avoid potential 
misreading, but I expect most of this work is editorial (see Issue #205).

In general this looks like a useful document that I think should be 
published by the WG after resolving the issues in WGLC. I recorded the 
following WGLC issues in github.

Best wishes,

Gorry

===

App/Ops: Server deployments with load balancers 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/206>
#206 opened1 minute agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>

App: Ref: Transport BEHAVE Specs 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/204>
#204 opened11 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Ref: TAPS API work: on TCP fallback / API? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/203>
#203 opened12 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Ref: Sect 1: Cite RFC8055 here? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/202>
#202 opened13 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
1 <https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/202>
App: Sec 14: Security Considerations reference to transport BCP? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/201>
#201 opened14 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Use (and do not need to use) of ICMP 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/200>
#200 opened17 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Section 12 on 
Versioning<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/199>
#199 opened19 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Ref: Should the text ion DSCP also cite RFC7657? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/198>
#198 opened21 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: What does "prime a CC" mean? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/197>
#197 opened22 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: ... interference by network elements such as firewalls 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/196>
#196 opened24 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Port Usage uses RFC2119 word? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/195>
#195 opened25 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
Padding explanation needs to mention DPLPMTUD 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/194>
#194 opened26 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: Sect 4.3. Flow Control - we should have a subsection also 
encouraging timely credits 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/193>
#193 opened27 minutes agobygorryfair 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+author%3Agorryfair>
App: End of Sect 2: RFC2119 Keyword? 
<https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/192>