Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 02:36:45 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+2/-1/💬4)
  2 issues created:
  - Website Fingerprinting on Early QUIC Traffic (by 0x391F)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4827 
  - Recovery: Corner case for when persistent congestion does not go into slow start (by miri64)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4826 

  2 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #4827 Website Fingerprinting on Early QUIC Traffic (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4827 
  - #4826 Recovery: Corner case for when persistent congestion does not go into slow start (3 by ianswett, janaiyengar, miri64)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4826 [-recovery] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Website Fingerprinting on Early QUIC Traffic https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4827 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+6/-5/💬65)
  6 issues created:
  - 0-RTT and Early Data (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/227 
  - Multiple error code spaces (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/218 
  - ALPN doesn't enable use of other ports (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/217 
  - Very long paragraph in Streams section (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/216 
  - Streams section could discuss in-order delivery assumption (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/215 
  - Network management of Path MTU (by chris-box)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/210 

  19 issues received 65 new comments:
  - #217 ALPN doesn't enable use of other ports (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/217 [-applicability] 
  - #215 Streams section could discuss in-order delivery assumption (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/215 [-applicability] 
  - #210 Network management of Path MTU (13 by chris-box, gorryfair, ianswett, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/210 
  - #206 App/Ops: Server deployments with load balancers (4 by gorryfair, martinduke, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/206 
  - #204 App: Ref: Transport BEHAVE Specs (2 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/204 
  - #203 App: Ref: TAPS API work: on TCP fallback / API? (3 by LPardue, gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/203 
  - #202 App: Ref: Sect 1: Cite RFC8055 here? (4 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/202 
  - #200 App: Use (and do not need to use) of ICMP (3 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/200 [-applicability] 
  - #198 App: Ref: Should the text ion DSCP also cite RFC7657? (5 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/198 
  - #197 App: What does "prime a CC" mean? (3 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/197 
  - #196 App: ... interference by network elements such as firewalls (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/196 
  - #195 App: Port Usage uses RFC2119 word? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/195 
  - #194 Padding explanation needs to mention DPLPMTUD (2 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/194 
  - #193 App: Sect 4.3. Flow Control - we should have a subsection also encouraging timely credits (4 by LPardue, ianswett, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/193 [-applicability] 
  - #184 Sect 4.8: Reducing the timeout on UDP NATs (13 by gorryfair, ianswett, martinduke, mdukef5, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/184 [-manageability] [meeting-agenda] 
  - #183 Sect 4.1 : what is the recommendation for middleboxes/NATs? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/183 [-manageability] 
  - #182 Sect 4.6: emphatically NOT RECOMMENDED use of ACK mitigation? (2 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/182 [-manageability] 
  - #181 Sect 4.7: Also an MF-Classifier for QoS? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/181 [-manageability] 
  - #177 Sect 2.4: MTU or Min QUIC Packet Size? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/177 [-manageability] 

  5 issues closed:
  - App: Ref: Should the text ion DSCP also cite RFC7657? https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/198 [-applicability] 
  - App: ... interference by network elements such as firewalls https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/196 [-applicability] 
  - App: End of Sect 2: RFC2119 Keyword? https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/192 [-applicability] 
  - App: Port Usage uses RFC2119 word? https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/195 [-applicability] 
  - App: Ref: Sect 1: Cite RFC8055 here? https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/202 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+14/-0/💬30)
  14 issues created:
  - Could this use ALPN identifiers instead? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/30 
  - Make introduction match the text (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/29 
  - You have two links to the repo (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/28 
  - Is handshake version information invariant? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/27 
  - Frame self-description is not a problem (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/26 
  - Define something concrete for Retry (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/25 
  - Error signaling is a requirement on all QUIC versions (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/24 
  - Version Negotiation terminates a connection attempt (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/23 
  - Don't undermine version greasing (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/22 
  - Section 4 is missing a definition of some fields (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/21 
  - Current Version or Original Version (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/20 
  - Listing all versions is unnecessary (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/19 
  - Stable address tuple (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/18 
  - What happens when conversion fails? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/17 

  11 issues received 30 new comments:
  - #30 Could this use ALPN identifiers instead? (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/30 
  - #27 Is handshake version information invariant? (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/27 
  - #26 Frame self-description is not a problem (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/26 
  - #25 Define something concrete for Retry (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/25 
  - #24 Error signaling is a requirement on all QUIC versions (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/24 
  - #23 Version Negotiation terminates a connection attempt (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/23 
  - #22 Don't undermine version greasing (4 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/22 
  - #20 Current Version or Original Version (5 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/20 
  - #19 Listing all versions is unnecessary (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/19 
  - #18 Stable address tuple (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/18 
  - #17 What happens when conversion fails? (5 by DavidSchinazi, ekr, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/17 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/ops-drafts (+15/-5/💬7)
  15 pull requests submitted:
  - Make it clear that the spin bit generates samples (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/226 
  - Editorial rollup for applicability (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/225 
  - Editorial comments from @seanturner, thanks! (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/224 
  - Editorial nits from @gorryfair, thanks! (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/223 
  - UDP Timeout text (by mdukef5)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/222 
  - Clarify and reference spinbit optional/version; fixes #179 (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/221 
  - clarify that ports are advisory for the network, resolves #176 (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/220 
  - GitHub format fix (by eltociear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/219 
  - Clarify routing stability requirement (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/214 
  - reword "interference by firewalls" (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/213 
  - Add proposed section on guiding Path MTU (by chris-box)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/212 
  - remove normative language from port usage sentence (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/211 
  - RECOMMENDED on TCP-without-TLS abort (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/209 
  - Cite RFC4748 correctly (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/208 
  - remove NOT RECOMMENDED in ACK section (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/207 

  4 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #221 Clarify and reference spinbit optional/version; fixes #179 (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/221 
  - #214 Clarify routing stability requirement (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/214 
  - #213 reword "interference by firewalls" (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/213 
  - #212 Add proposed section on guiding Path MTU (4 by chris-box, mirjak, mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/212 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - reword "interference by firewalls"
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/213 
  - GitHub format fix
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/219 
  - RECOMMENDED on TCP-without-TLS abort
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/209 
  - remove normative language from port usage sentence
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/211 
  - Cite RFC4748 correctly
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/208 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+2/-0/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Do not special-case receipt of grease versions (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/31 
  - Reword language about connections (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/16 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation