Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 02:36:31 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+0/-13/💬18)
  12 issues received 18 new comments:
  - #4803 Robert Wilton's QPACK Comment 4 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4803 [-qpack] [iesg] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4802 Robert Wilton's QPACK Comment 3 (6 by MikeBishop, afrind, larseggert, rgwilton)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4802 [-qpack] [iesg] 
  - #4779 Ben Kaduk's HTTP/3 Comment 4 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4779 [-http] [design] [iesg] [proposal-ready] 
  - #4536 Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 13 (2 by LPardue, gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4536 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4527 Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 4 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4527 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4525 Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 2 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4525 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4485 Ben Kaduk's TLS Comment 9 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4485 [-tls] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4475 Ben Kaduk's TLS Discuss 1 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4475 [-tls] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4453 Martin Duke Transport Comment 2 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4453 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - #4378 IANA review of -transport; question 3 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4378 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4369 IANA review of -tls (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4369 [-tls] [call-issued] [design] [ietf-lc] 
  - #4280 No IANA version registry (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4280 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [ietf-lc] 

  13 issues closed:
  - Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 13 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4536 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 4 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4527 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - Éric Vyncke's Transport Comment 2 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4525 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - Ben Kaduk's TLS Comment 9 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4485 [-tls] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - Ben Kaduk's TLS Discuss 1 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4475 [-tls] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - Martin Duke Transport Comment 2 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4453 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [iesg] 
  - IANA review of -transport; question 3 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4378 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [ietf-lc] 
  - IANA review of -tls https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4369 [-tls] [call-issued] [design] [ietf-lc] 
  - No IANA version registry https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4280 [-transport] [call-issued] [design] [ietf-lc] 
  - Ben Kaduk's QPACK Comment 6 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4796 [-qpack] [iesg] [proposal-ready] 
  - Robert Wilton's QPACK Comment 4 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4803 [-qpack] [iesg] [proposal-ready] 
  - Robert Wilton's QPACK Comment 3 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4802 [-qpack] [design] [iesg] 
  - Ben Kaduk's HTTP/3 Comment 4 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4779 [-http] [design] [iesg] [proposal-ready] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+33/-0/💬13)
  33 issues created:
  - App/Ops: Server deployments with load balancers (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/206 
  - App: Many and various editorial NiTS (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/205 
  - App: Ref: Transport BEHAVE Specs (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/204 
  - App: Ref: TAPS API work: on TCP fallback / API? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/203 
  - App: Ref: Sect 1: Cite RFC8055 here? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/202 
  - App: Sec 14: Security Considerations reference to transport BCP? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/201 
  - App: Use (and do not need to use) of ICMP (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/200 
  - App: Section 12 on Versioning  (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/199 
  - App: Ref: Should the text ion DSCP also cite RFC7657? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/198 
  - What does "prime" need? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/197 
  - App: ... interference by network elements such as firewalls (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/196 
  - App: Port Usage uses RFC2119 word? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/195 
  - Padding explanation needs to mention DPLPMTUD (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/194 
  - Sect 4.3. Flow Control - we should have a subsection also encouraging timely credits (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/193 
  - App: End of Sect 2: RFC2119 Keyword? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/192 
  - manageability: ID Nits: unused references (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/191 
  - manageability: ID Nits: duplicate reference (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/190 
  - manageability: ID Nits: 2119 Terminology (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/189 
  - applicability: ID Nits: 2119 Terminology (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/188 
  - applicability: ID Nits: duplicate reference (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/187 
  - applicability: ID Nits: unused reference (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/186 
  - This issue contains a set of editorial NiTs from QUIC Manageability-09 (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/185 
  - Sect 4.8: Reducing the timeout on UDP NATs (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/184 
  - Sect 4.1 : what is the recommendation for middleboxes/NATs? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/183 
  - Sect 4.6: emphatically NOT RECOMMENDED use of ACK mitigation? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/182 
  - Sect 4.7: Also nMF-Classifier for QoS? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/181 
  - Sect 3.7.2 on spinning to understand the RTT (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/180 
  - Sect 3.7.2 : Is the spinning of bits invariant or for the current QUIC Spec? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/179 
  - Sect 2.7: Telling middleboxes to ignore version? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/178 
  - Sect 2.4: MTU or Min QUIC Packet Size? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/177 
  - Section 2.3 - QUIC Port Numbers (not really different to other ports) (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/176 
  - Discuss application-layer graceful/scheduled close (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/175 
  - Does TCP fallback require TLS 1.3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/174 

  7 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #202 App: Ref: Sect 1: Cite RFC8055 here? (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/202 
  - #195 App: Port Usage uses RFC2119 word? (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/195 
  - #192 App: End of Sect 2: RFC2119 Keyword? (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/192 
  - #188 applicability: ID Nits: 2119 Terminology (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/188 
  - #185 This issue contains a set of editorial NiTs from QUIC Manageability-09 (2 by gorryfair, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/185 
  - #175 Discuss application-layer graceful/scheduled close (2 by LPardue, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/175 
  - #174 Does TCP fallback require TLS 1.3? (5 by LPardue, ianswett, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/174 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-4/💬2)
  1 issues created:
  - Replace configuration pseudocode with YANG (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/91 

  2 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #91 Replace configuration pseudocode with YANG (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/91 
  - #88 Extend low-config concept to all algorithms (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/88 

  4 issues closed:
  - Replace configuration pseudocode with YANG https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/91 
  - Extend low-config concept to all algorithms https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/88 
  - Low-Config CID creating huge problems with coexistence of configurations https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/84 
  - Bytes for server use https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/85 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+0/-3/💬0)
  3 issues closed:
  - Client's version preference is ignored https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/14 
  - Is the server required to upgrade versions? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/13 
  - The client is unable to detect downgrade attacks https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/5 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+2/-3/💬4)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Update Contributing.md to reflect post-IESG world (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4824 
  - Implementations have limits (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4823 [-qpack] 

  3 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #4823 Implementations have limits (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4823 [-qpack] 
  - #4820 Tidy up reference style (2 by mnot, seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4820 
  - #4808 Rework HTTP authority/coalescing again (1 by rdanyliw)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4808 [-http] [design] [iesg] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - QPACK pseudocode updates from IESG feedback
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4817 
  - Tidy up reference style
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4820 
  - Implementations have limits
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4823 [-qpack] [design] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+4/-4/💬1)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Ian's Editorial Nits (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/95 
  - shortened references (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/94 
  - sync yang with master (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/93 
  - Sync all-lowconfig with master (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/92 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #90 YANG Model (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/90 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - YANG Model
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/90 
  - Sync all-lowconfig with master
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/92 
  - Generalize SID Allocation
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/89 
  - Clean up server-use bytes
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/86 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+0/-1/💬2)
  1 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #11 Major rewrite of draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation (2 by DavidSchinazi, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/11 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Major rewrite of draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/11 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation