Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 00:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+0/-3/💬1)
  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #4860 adjusted_rtt (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4860 [-recovery] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Recovery: Corner case for when persistent congestion does not go into slow start https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4826 [-recovery] 
  - adjusted_rtt https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4860 [-recovery] 
  - Recovery: Reset the Initial congestion window when loss is observed during handshake https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4847 [-recovery] 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+7/-0/💬2)
  7 issues created:
  - Are we recommending shorter timeouts for middleboxes? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/346 
  - Parsing Initials to get the DCID (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/344 
  - Is identification of version 1 ossification? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/342 
  - HTTP/3 uses UDP port 443 by convention (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/340 
  - QUIC *is* designed to be distinguishable (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/339 
  - ACK generation (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/330 
  - Section 4.5 of applicability needs paragraph breaks (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/329 

  2 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #346 Are we recommending shorter timeouts for middleboxes? (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/346 
  - #344 Parsing Initials to get the DCID (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/344 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-2/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Crypto Agility in Shared State Retry (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/118 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #102 Is the non-shared-state use case realistic? (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/102 [needs-discussion] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Is the non-shared-state use case realistic? https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/102 [needs-discussion] 
  - Applicability to DTLS 1.3 https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/105 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Should the client communicate version preference ordering? (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/43 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-3/💬1)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Recovery RFCEditor #6 (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893 [-recovery] 
  - Recovery RFCEditor Comments (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4892 
  - Recovery RFCEditor #3: Why reset min_rtt (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4891 
  - Contributors is not numbered (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4888 
  - Make transport parameters 0x00-0x3f stricter (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4887 [-transport] 
  - Re-do of #4861 on updated filename(9002) (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4883 
  - References in transport (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4881 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #4891 Recovery RFCEditor #3: Why reset min_rtt (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4891 [-recovery] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Contributors is not numbered
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4888 
  - Recovery RFCEditor #6
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893 [-recovery] 
  - Re-do of #4861 on updated filename(9002)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4883 

* quicwg/ops-drafts (+16/-0/💬2)
  16 pull requests submitted:
  - rewriting conclusion is repetitive (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/348 
  - Strike discussion of lower and higher timeouts (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/347 
  - This phrasing seems more natural (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/345 
  - This phrasing might be clearer (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/343 
  - Port 443 is more of a guideline (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/341 
  - Handshake packets that are sent before cryptographic context is estab… (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/338 
  - Initial packets are padded, not just Client Initial (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/337 
  - same 5-tuple, same connection (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/336 
  - Server Retry editorial (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/335 
  - Deciding to use a new path (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/334 
  - Shorter text for failover text (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/333 
  - Technically... (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/332 
  - Cite AltSvc when mentioning it (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/331 
  - It is stream ID (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/328 
  - The mention of a 5-tuple here doesn't help (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/327 
  - Don't say safe and idempotent (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/326 

  1 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #336 same 5-tuple, same connection (2 by martinthomson, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/336 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+0/-1/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #106 Dtls (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/106 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Dtls
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/106 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Incorporate MT's design (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/42 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation