Subject: An update on draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 14:40:31 -0700

Hi folks,

After our version negotiation interim, the authors sat down with MT and
managed to simplify the design based on MT's analysis. We've written up the
following PR:
https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/42

I'm personally pretty happy with the result, it's not a fundamental change
but it does make for a simpler proposal.

Please let us know what you think! Barring any objections we'll merge it
next week and submit an updated draft.

David

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 19:07:52 -0700

Hi again,

Thank you to everyone who commented on the PR!
We've now merged it, and submitted a new revision:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation-04

This change simplifies the protocol, but I'll note it's not wire compatible
with the -03 version. Let's start implementing, ideally we can get interop
at the IETF 111 hackathon.

Cheers,
David