Subject: Article about Multipath QUIC

From: Quentin De Coninck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 19:18:08 +0200

Dear QUIC WG,

In the light of the various proposals enabling QUIC to simultaneously 
use several paths, we proposed a design [1] enabling hosts to use 
network paths in a unidirectional way. As a nutshell example, a 
connection could use a given network using IP A to send all its packets, 
while receiving all the peer's packets on another network with IP B.

We recently published a paper in IEEE Communications Magazine [2] 
exploring the benefits of such design in the case of network paths 
showing different characteristics between uplink and downlink 
directions. For instance, a sender could use a high-bandwidth, high 
latency path to send data while the receiver could transmit ACK frames 
on a lower bandwidth, low latency one.

A preprint of this paper is freely available [3]. Note that for the 
paper purposes, we named our proposal "Multiflow QUIC", but it still 
implements the design presented in our draft [1].

Best,

Quentin

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deconinck-quic-multipath/
[2] https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9446709/
[3] 
https://dial.uclouvain.be/pr/boreal/object/boreal%3A243486/datastream/PDF_02/view